william_wallace

Any good immigration lawyers

22 posts in this topic

Off all the forums, immigration websites i have seen in the last year or so. This one is way the best by far. Iv'e talked to my fiance in the states and she says the same. Going by what ive seen from very friendly and helpfull people in here i think we will just apply for the K1 visas ourselves. Save some money instead of getting a lawyer. Thanks for the helpfull posts and we hope we can get some help in filling in the forms if need be.....Thanks again

Good choice!!!

This website is amazing. It's all laid out and very easy to follow. Plus you have the knowledge of these great members who have been there to guide you both along. There are even examples showing you step by step how to file. Since you've been through this process before, I'm sure you'll have no problems. This website far surpasses any other immigration website I have seen.

Best of luck on your journey!!!!!

=D

~Laura

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Off all the forums, immigration websites i have seen in the last year or so. This one is way the best by far. Iv'e talked to my fiance in the states and she says the same. Going by what ive seen from very friendly and helpfull people in here i think we will just apply for the K1 visas ourselves. Save some money instead of getting a lawyer. Thanks for the helpfull posts and we hope we can get some help in filling in the forms if need be.....Thanks again

Yes get your divorce decree, then file for K-1, no need for lawyer

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I had 3 of the 11 red flags

Hi Maggie...

Is there a list of the 11 red flags? :)

Thanks

Go to the MENA forum. There is a thread called Let's talk about your red flags...I think it's even on page one at the moment. There is the list and people discussing which ones they had and how they overcame them.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Go to the MENA forum. There is a thread called Let's talk about your red flags...I think it's even on page one at the moment. There is the list and people discussing which ones they had and how they overcame them.

Why thank you Maggie :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Whew...none! :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whew...none! :)

Sorry, but what is a MENA forum? I looked it up on Google and only found forums for a city called Mena in Arkansas. I would like to know what these 11 red flags are too :)

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

MENA = Middle East North Africa

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.