Sha and Scott

Is getting pregnant while waiting for K1 visa advisable?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, that's your opinion, Lisa. This is a public discussion board, and if she has the right to ask a question then others have the right to respond. ;)

But those are not the questions she asked, are they? :no:

And of course it's my opinion...what else would it be? :blink:

The OP may very well be in a rush for private & legitimate reasons unknown to the board! Go figure! :lol: It's not our place to demand full explanation of private matters simply because she asked a question.

Anyways, good luck to you, OP...I hope you get the answers you were hoping for!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone,

Happy weekend to all! I've been wanting to post this question days after my fiance confirmed his plan of visiting me again. We haven't seen each other in five looooooonnnnngggggg months and really excited to be together again. Well, now I guess I have to just be direct with my question... :blush:

If I get pregnant (with my fiance of course) while waiting for the approval of our I-129F petition, will that situation harm us in a way? I mean, if ever I'll found out that I am pregnant before the schedule of my medical exam, will that situation disqualify me to have my K1 visa approved? Is that acceptable at all? Will it accelerate the approval of the visa or the opposite?

Me and my fiance are very open to the idea of having a baby?

But I'm curious if getting to "that" situation now can harm our process.

Everybody's sound idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You being preganant will not affect your petition.

The thing that would worry me, personally would be getting pregnant then NOT getting visa approval.

Would you be comfortable bringing up a child on your own? Would/could Scott be prepared move to the Phillipines to be with his child? Would you be prepared to bring up a child whilst re-applying for a K3 visa????

If not then I would wait and see what happens with your application - you still have a way to go before getting your KI and even after that will have Adjustment of Status to go through.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-03-25

NOA Date : 2008-04-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-24

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-06-13

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-06-13

Approved : Yes

Welcome Letter Received: 2008-06-21

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2008-06-26

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just imagine telling the kid later "Hey I had you so that I could get approved 100%(in my head) and could get a speedy approval".

You should think before creating a life,being foolish wont help you one bit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.