IUTRTW

DNA testing

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

AR Unit sent me this e-mail today:

"In order to proceed with your application, this office must confirm your fiancée’s eligibility for that visa.

The consular officers have to review approved petitions to confirm that the requisite family relationship, on which the petition is based, still exists.

To that end the consular officer has recommended you to undergo sibling DNAS testing with your Zeinebou Wane.

Please follow attached instruction on DNA testing.

Sincerely,

Eligibility Review Unit. (MS)

<<Information on Sibling DNA Testing.doc>> "

Do they think that my fiancee is actually my sister because we the same last name?

How long is DNA test?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Looks like they want to make sure you are not related.

As for how long the test takes I have no idea.

Good luck (F)

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

"In order to proceed with your application, this office must confirm your fiancée’s eligibility for that visa.

The consular officers have to review approved petitions to confirm that the requisite family relationship, on which the petition is based, still exists.

To that end the consular officer has recommended you to undergo sibling DNAS testing with your Zeinebou Wane.

Sincerely,

Do they think that my fiancee is actually my sister because we the same last name?

How long is DNA test?

Thanks

They are requiring you to take a DNA test to rule out that possibility. That is not the same thing as thinking she's your sister. It's just recognizing she might be and then taking steps to rule it out.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sincerely,

How long is DNA test?

Thanks

They are requiring you to take a DNA test to rule out that possibility. That is not the same thing as thinking she's your sister. It's just recognizing she might be and then taking steps to rule it out.

Aside, I used to date and have as a teaching partner, a woman with the same last name. It always confused people when I introduced us as Mike Smith and Jennifer Smith, no relation, instead of Mike and Jennifer Smith. We just had fun with it. When people would press the issue, I'd say "No, I'm not related to her but I'm related to her son." Then they concluded she was my X. That wasn't true either. Coincidently, she was formerly married to a distant cousin, so distant I never knew we were related for 40 years. Of course, we had never met. People asked me many times though, if I was related to the Larry XXX who did X for a living. I'd always say, I dunno. When we were 40, we met but it was several months before I knew his last name. So, of course, I was related to her son.

I suggest you just have fun with it and let it roll off like water from a duck's back. I wonder how many Chinese with Li or Wang marry people with the same family name? It has to be thousands every month.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sincerely,

How long is DNA test?

Thanks

wow, i assume that is costly...and why not an initial blood test??? used here, for paternal rights sometimes..

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

There was another post discussing the use of DNA testing as a trial at a few embassies. Guess this is one of the embassies. I would assume you will have to pay for the test also. That can get to be expensive.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Contact 877 362 0362, a lab here, tell them Sabine recommended you.

Ask them for a discount.

This is how it will go down :

You pay the lab here in the US. They will ship the kits out to one of 3 doctors of your choice that are on the approved list as panel physicians.

She has to print out the online form and enter the case number and bring passport photos. She will need someone to witness the test, can be anyone from the waiting area or stranger off the street, but not medical office staff.

Email Dakar for specific instructions !

Your fiancee will make another trip to Dakar and give the collection specimen, a 1 min swap on the inside of the cheek. NO OTHER collection location is allowed.

The doctor will send the sample back to the lab here for analysis.

That will take about 1 week and then they will send the results back to the embassy. The entire process takes 3-4 weeks.

After that Dakar will contact her for another in depth interview, which may be 3-4 month from that point .

Dr. Rhami is almost impossible to get a hold of so Dr. Hassan is easier to book an appointment with.

Or use the Dr. who did her medical if she prefers the familiarity of the office location.

If you take the chance of the walk-in you may either have to wait one week to get in or ********* (email me for specifics ) and you will get in

on the same day.

Are you an African USC or are you white ? Important !

I assume you are African but I have seen Dakar do some confusing things.

Any more questions you know how to contact me.

Timeline

Just saw that they already send you instructions. Of course you also have to be tested here. The lab I mentioned will explain everything

to you in detail. DNA tests will run between $ 600 - $ 1000. The above was the cheapest and I called all 50+ labs on the list.

DNA lab in San Antonio Tx.

The sibling test is different from the one my fiance and daughter had to do so the shipping details will be different.

Timeline

I have seen DNA test requests even if the fiance does not have the same name if both are African. Yes, it is to rule out

that you are bringing a sibling here. We are the guinea pigs for the DNA pilot program that will eventually be implemented in more embassies

if deemed successful.

I had to take out a 2. mortgage to accommodate their new idea ! Don't forget the extra travel expense besides the DNA cost.

Plus my fiance had to pay an extra $ 186 that day of the DNA. So make sure she has enough money on her for the doctor and then some..........

Accommodation and food in Dakar is expensive.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Thanks guys. Omoba.You know after your fiance' get here you become a consultant for Dakar applicants :) You know so much about the embassy :)

Thanks for the info. I had already contacted a lab this morning, as soon as I read the e-mail from the embassy. it is expensive in deed, about $ 960.

Are you saying my fiancee is going to pay another $180 extra at the Doctor's office?

And to answer your question, yes I'm black (naturalized US citizen originaly from Mauritania).

I sent you an e-mail last week. Did you receive it?

Keep faith. We'll get there!

Just saw that they already send you instructions. Of course you also have to be tested here. The lab I mentioned will explain everything

to you in detail. DNA tests will run between $ 600 - $ 1000. The above was the cheapest and I called all 50+ labs on the list.

DNA lab in San Antonio Tx.

The sibling test is different from the one my fiance and daughter had to do so the shipping details will be different.

Wow, that is kind of spendy :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Thanks guys. Omoba.You know after your fiance' get here you become a consultant for Dakar applicants :) You know so much about the embassy :)

Thanks for the info. I had already contacted a lab this morning, as soon as I read the e-mail from the embassy. it is expensive in deed, about $ 960.

Are you saying my fiancee is going to pay another $180 extra at the Doctor's office?

And to answer your question, yes I'm black (naturalized US citizen originaly from Mauritania).

I sent you an e-mail last week. Did you receive it?

Keep faith. We'll get there!

No I didn't receive your email. Try again. I answer all emails.

Try the lab I suggested, I paid less than your quote, shop around. This lab will match any price plus give you a 5 % discount. I found the cheapest one then switched to this lab and got an additional discount, saved about $ 400.

It depends which doctor she will see and if you pay *** to get seen immediately or wait around another week unless you get through

to make an appointment.

When my finace is here I don't ever want to hear the name Dakar again I think :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.