Mariya

Affidavit of Support?

15 posts in this topic

If he currently meets the requirements, no joint sponsor should be needed. The current situation is much more important than the previous three years. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Do we need a joint sponsor if my hubby was making over poverty but under 125% last year (as he spent 5 months with me in Ukraine not working)??

I am the only immigrant.

------------------------------

It does not matter how much money your husband made in 2006. Just as long as he is making 125% this year and at the time he files the Affidavit of Support.

He should get a letter from his employer or human resources department stating the details of his employment

1) Full time, part time, permanent...

2) Job Title and date of hire

3) Annual salary (GROSS)

4) Make a copy for your records and send the original with the Affidavit of Support.

For last year...make copy of tax return, w-2, any 1099 and send it in. OR get a IRS transcript of his 2006 tax return.

Next - write a letter stating....

I, (First name, last name), made this amount last year in wages because I took a leave of absence from my place of employment from (enter date) to (enter date) in order to visit my wife back in

Signature and date

Attach this letter to 2006 tax return

If he still need a joint-sponsor;

he would use I-864 form and I-864A for his Co-sponsor

That is only correct if the main sponsor and the joint sponsor live together - thereby making the joint sponsor a household member. If they do not live together, then the joint sponsor is a real joint sponsor and must fill out the I-864 as well and meet the requirements on their own.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Should either I-864 or I-864EZ be notorized or just signed by the petitioner?

And what is 1099 from requested in I-864EZ? where can we get it from?

There may not be a 1099 form. There may only be a W2. What they are asking for in a complete tax return including all of its supporting documentation. A 1099 may or may not be part of the supporting documentation.

A form is only notarized if there is a designated place on the form for the Notary to sign. Neither I-864 or I-864a are notarized.

I strongly advise you to have your USC spouse carefully study the instructions that come with the form. They are very good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Do we need a joint sponsor if my hubby was making over poverty but under 125% last year (as he spent 5 months with me in Ukraine not working)??

I am the only immigrant.

Mariya....

I think I answered you before on this. But I will repeat myself. So please write it down or print it out. YOU DO NOT NEED A JOINT SPONSOR if your huband is CURRENTLY MAKING ENOUGH MONEY!

For year 2006:

1) Your husband will need to provide a copy of an IRS transcript for year 2006 - or - copies of tax returns with supporting w-2, 1099, etc...

2) Write a note: "To whom it may concern, I made ($$$) for year 2006 because I was outside of the US for 5 months and not working during this time.

3) Attach the note to the 2006 taxes.

FOR YEAR 2007:

1) Get 6 months of pay stubs and make copies.

2) Get a letter from husbands employers:

"To whom it may concern,

Mr XXXX has been employed is currently employed with our company

Mr XXXX makes ($ ) annual salary

WITH THIS YOU DO NOT NEED A JOINT SPONSOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am the only immigrant.

Mariya....

I think I answered you before on this. But I will repeat myself. So please write it down or print it out. YOU DO NOT NEED A JOINT SPONSOR if your huband is CURRENTLY MAKING ENOUGH MONEY!

For year 2006:

1) Your husband will need to provide a copy of an IRS transcript for year 2006 - or - copies of tax returns with supporting w-2, 1099, etc...

2) Write a note: "To whom it may concern, I made ($$$) for year 2006 because I was outside of the US for 5 months and not working during this time.

FOR YEAR 2007:

"To whom it may concern,

Mariya,

Your education in the Visa process would be far more efficient if you and your husband were both participating in the learning. This is because it will be easier for him to understand the parts of the process that a USC would naturally understand. A lot can be lost in translation because the instructions and guides are written from the perspective a USC will more easily understand.

Your husband needs to make time to study the I-864 instructions very carefully and ask any questions he has.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am the only immigrant.

Mariya....

For year 2006:

FOR YEAR 2007:

"To whom it may concern,

Nutty, thanks again. But I asked this question on Oct 10th and got a very clear reply from you on the same day. Seems I have not ask the same question again any more..

But the reason we are still working on this affidavit of support form is that my husband is not making any money right now. He just got a new job in a tiny private company. They pay almost nothing to him right now.

44_34_44DB9040_LMLyPLhLuLbLbLyPLiLsPLmLaLkLiLnLgPLmLePLhLaLpLpLyPLfLoLr_3.gif

Timeline

I am the only immigrant.

Mariya....

For year 2006:

FOR YEAR 2007:

"To whom it may concern,

Nutty, thanks again. But I asked this question on Oct 10th and got a very clear reply from you on the same day. Seems I have not ask the same question again any more..

But the reason we are still working on this affidavit of support form is that my husband is not making any money right now. He just got a new job in a tiny private company. They pay almost nothing to him right now.

I understand your husband's situation. I am in a similiar situation. I was not working in 2006 and only for the past 6 months for year 2007.

However, that did not prevent me from being the only sponsor for my husband. I got a job a few months ago, waited two weeks and asked my boss for a letter saying that I was a permament employee and I make XXXX amount of dollars a year. It did not matter I have only worked a few weeks with the company.

The company calculated my salary by this:

40 hours a week x 53 weeks = TOTAL GROSS SALARY.

The 125% level of income your husband needs to make now for two people (2) is:

ALASKA - $21,400

HAWAII - $19,687

ALL OTHER STATES - $17,112

GROSS SALARY - BEFORE TAX IS TAKEN OUT.

All your husband needs to do is ask his boss for a letter like I did.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sometimes even if your husband makes above the poverty guidelines and he didn't make above that in the past year, the consulate will ask for a co-sponsor and that what happened in my case.even we contacted the NVC during the process and they said its not a problem if my wife didn't make enough money last year as long as she does now, we just need to submit employments letter stating how much she makes now and that the job is full time.so that's what we did and the NVC approved the affidivat of support but on the day of the interview the consular officer requested a co-sponsor.

Edited by Tarik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.