7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hello again,

firstly thanks for all your help so far, we are finally putting all the forms together to send off. I have read through all the guides and most of the posts on here (lets hope my work dont check net usage!)

i have one little issue that i cant find answered on any other posts, and this applies to me...

sooo..

i went travelling last year, for around 9 months. Worked in Oz, on a travelling work visa, and lived in a hostel. Is this something i should tell. I still had my house in England etc etc. Just went away for a break, on the end leg of the trip i met my fiance, so i guess some questions will be asked about it. i just wonder if this will complicate my application?

im just looking for some guidance.

i was just going to put unemployed in the work bit and put my house in the address section, or would it be wise to put travelling then the hostel name....and the place i worked?

once i have this cleared up im ready to send off! slightly nervous, and dont want to make any mistakes!

thanks in advance.

Rusty

PS - just realised i dont have to send my form in with the pack for the 129f, am i right in thinking this dosent have to go in the first pack?

Edited by Rusty Englishman

PS - just realised i dont have to send my form in with the pack for the 129f, am i right in thinking this dosent have to go in the first pack?

I'm not sure about the 9 months, but the four G325a's definitely have to be in with K-1 package. By the way your passport will show how long you were outside the country and you will need to make photo copies of EVERY page (even the blank ones) of your passport to send in with the K-1 package. Best wishes to you!

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can leave the section out in case you are describing your residneces year by year (e.g. 2001 to 2003 123 street etc.) - and also if your residence remained the same then technically you are correct in not mentioning a long trip - if they ask you then you can elaborate. By the way I dont know where lisann saw the requirement to send in every page of the passport - its not true for all consulates - maybe it just applies to the US consulate in UK. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello again,

firstly thanks for all your help so far, we are finally putting all the forms together to send off. I have read through all the guides and most of the posts on here (lets hope my work dont check net usage!)

i have one little issue that i cant find answered on any other posts, and this applies to me...

sooo..

i went travelling last year, for around 9 months. Worked in Oz, on a travelling work visa, and lived in a hostel. Is this something i should tell. I still had my house in England etc etc. Just went away for a break, on the end leg of the trip i met my fiance, so i guess some questions will be asked about it. i just wonder if this will complicate my application?

im just looking for some guidance.

i was just going to put unemployed in the work bit and put my house in the address section, or would it be wise to put travelling then the hostel name....and the place i worked?

once i have this cleared up im ready to send off! slightly nervous, and dont want to make any mistakes!

thanks in advance.

Rusty

The Bio form has to be sent together with the petition.

I strongly suggest you show that you spent 9 months over there. There was nothing illegal , so why to cover it up? Relax and put it on the form. Especially that you met you fiance (fiancee?) during the trip. You can be lost in your lies some time later telling them about how you two met. And they will see your passport with your work-travel visa on it at the interview anyway! Don't lie, it might come back and bite you!

The only thing it would entail is that you might need to get a police certificate from there - I think this can be done through their consulate in your country.

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

You can leave the section out in case you are describing your residneces year by year (e.g. 2001 to 2003 123 street etc.) - and also if your residence remained the same then technically you are correct in not mentioning a long trip - if they ask you then you can elaborate. By the way I dont know where lisann saw the requirement to send in every page of the passport - its not true for all consulates - maybe it just applies to the US consulate in UK. Good Luck

You're right! You only have to send a copy of each of your passport photos in place of your birth certificate, if it isn't available.

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You're right! You only have to send a copy of each of your passport photos in place of your birth certificate, if it isn't available.

Righto, one more question....

Can you submit a form to coincide with your work history...i went travelling and stuff so big gaps in unemplyment...so need another sheet to explain is this ok?

Edited by Rusty Englishman

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Righto, one more question....

Can you submit a form to coincide with your work history...i went travelling and stuff so big gaps in unemplyment...so need another sheet to explain is this ok?

Passport photos don't replace passport copies. You'll want to send copies of the main data pages. Probably what the poster meant but not what they said.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.