Beauty for Ashes

The reason CSC is a mess

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I talked to my attorney yesterday and he told me CSC is a mess for no other reason than receipting. He said that everyone was pulled off adjudicating files to catch receipting up and that until it gets caught up, we can expect this lag time. He also said to follow very closely people who are filing through CSC and watch the date times because that will tell us which day they are on.

But all in all , he said RECEIPTING is the big problem and to expect all kinds of delays because of it and that eventually they will catch up.. They literally have cases sitting in mail rooms piling up all over and they cannot work on any of them until each one is receipted. I think every case entered after July 31 will be facing even greater delays than those of us who filed before..... I think also that adjudicators are working on those other H visas and they are not doing too much with family visas right now. I also heard a rumor that they are also working on work permits and this stuff... like papers that have a time frame .. Family based petitions hit the back burner..

Ahoy mate.. trouble ahead guys...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I heard this last week on another forum on VJ. My case should have been completed by now but nothing is getting processed because they need to get to the cases to receipt them.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
He also said to follow very closely people who are filing through CSC and watch the date times because that will tell us which day they are on.

Only if and when they begin to exceed 180 days... CSC will never report a date less than 6 mos.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't think it is as bad as your lawyer is making out.

If you look at the timelines, it has been 100 to 110 days for a long time.

A friend of mine just got his noa2 at 120 days, so yes they are falling behind some, but not by a huge amount.

The real problem is just that this whole process takes so long, but until the government wants to make changes, it will be this way.

The truth is, as ugly as it is, this long process weeds out marriages that probably would not have made it any way.

I know thats horrible to say, but really is this process the most difficult thing you think people will encounter in their relationship?

I have been married before, and I promise you this isn't the worst.

It is possibly the most frustrating because there is nothing you can do about it, but it really isn't the most difficult.

IMHO if your relationship can't handle this, then you probably saved yourself many years of pain by breaking up.

I am sure they are still trying to dig out from the surge before the fee increase. Two years ago you could zoom through CSC in a couple of weeks.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just have to try and be patient and with this Immigration process....you either learn it or ya don't!!!

I am still trying to learn it... :unsure: PATIENCE!!!!

We just have to stick together, cause we are all going through this journey. It don't matter where you are in it, cause at one time or another...You have been in that other person shoes, so you know how it feels.

that is my 2 cents :whistle:

Best of Luck

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Very well spoken there. :thumbs: You are right we are all in the same boat. The fact is that they cannot get to behind schedule because if they do then all Hell will break lose, because all USCIS case handlers are being audited. The positive thing to remember is that we will be with our loved ones no matter what. As for patience and being negative will only impact matters worse. In fact I have been fighting with that my self. The frustration level increases and you start having problems with your other, then you are in trouble with the marriage or relationship before they even get the visa. LETS STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE!!! :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Very well spoken there. :thumbs: You are right we are all in the same boat. The fact is that they cannot get to behind schedule because if they do then all Hell will break lose, because all USCIS case handlers are being audited. The positive thing to remember is that we will be with our loved ones no matter what. As for patience and being negative will only impact matters worse. In fact I have been fighting with that my self. The frustration level increases and you start having problems with your other, then you are in trouble with the marriage or relationship before they even get the visa. LETS STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE!!! :yes:

When I first submitted my petition back in the beginning of April, it was about a 70-90 day processing time at CSC. My NOA1 was delayed, as you can see in my timeline below, because I changed addresses right when I sent the application in, and that somehow screwed up my petition (i'm not exactly sure how, but I think they sent it between Texas and California a few times before they realized that I moved to a state with the same CIS jurisdiction). Anyway, when I finally got my NOA1 in mid-May, the VJ "timeline" said that my I-130 could be adjudicated as early as July 22nd, and I have steadily watched it increase since to August 4th, September 12th, October 20th, and now it sits at November 25th. Anyway, I talked to an adjudication officer in person through an Infopass appointment who said the delays are a result of case receipting due to the fee increase and a hold that was placed on family based petitions as a result of the pending immigration bill that was in Congress in June that never made it through. The latter, I found quite interesting, but I guess CIS didn't want to waste resources on processing petitions if the law was going to change. If I remember correctly, PRsresidents and USC were going to lose some filing choices for family members on petitions filed after Jan. or Feb. so it would make sense that they wouldn't want to process petitions if Congress was going to pass this immigration bill and make it retroactive.

I-130/CR1 visa

04/23/2007--NOA1 Date from CSC

10/15/2007--NOA2 Date, FINALLY!!

I-129F/K-3 visa

05/23/2007--NOA1 date, currently at NBC (MSC)

10/15/2007--APPROVED!!! (NOA2 Date)

11/09/2007--I-129F petition forwarded to U.S. Embassy in Lima, Peru

12/12/2007--interview in Lima, Peru...VISA APPROVED!!!

12/26/2007--POE was Miami, FL and final destination was Charlotte, NC

I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

3/18/2008--NOA1 Date from MSC

4/08/2008--biometrics appointment

5/07/2008--I-765/EAD approved

5/14/2008--EAD received in the mail (albeit wrong birth year)

9/30/2008--AOS Interview...AOS APPROVED and I-551 stamped in Passport!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi

I Wish they would have known that the FEE INCREASE WILL CREATE PROBLEMS... i think they were caught unawares of the rush of petitions people will make to save money...... Money is money.. people wont pay more unnecessarily.... USCIS thought all USC can afford the fee hike... I think they should outsource their work and back office work .. from receipting to INDIA... what say people

JIGI

Edited by Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They knew about the fee increase, they knew it would cause horrid backlog which is why they asked for more money from Congress.

Which was denied.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
hi

I Wish they would have known that the FEE INCREASE WILL CREATE PROBLEMS... i think they were caught unawares of the rush of petitions people will make to save money...... Money is money.. people wont pay more unnecessarily.... USCIS thought all USC can afford the fee hike... I think they should outsource their work and back office work .. from receipting to INDIA... what say people

JIGI

fill in yout i130 date jiji.. i just noticed its missing onyourtimeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, I know this is only my 2 cents, but they should have planned better for this. If they knew, then they should have been prepared, but then again...we are talkin bout the govt. and stuff :bonk:

Now, we have to suffer more set backs and stuff before we can even move on to the next step of this hellish process and be with our loved ones. YEAH YEAH i know ...they don't care and stuff, and maybe they should fricken outsource or hey ....maybe hire some of these ppl comin over on a darn work visa (( sorry just gets frustrating)). They put them first in front of our Family Visa's :ranting: so I have read!!

Like I said ...that is my 2 cents

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.