doodlebug

Friday

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What exactly is tiramisu?

Jackie (F)

lady fingers with kahlua and marscipone cheese, mmmmmmmmm

ETA: In Italian, it literally means "pick me up". Just a little trivia there....I don't think it's much of a pick me up, but it is darn good. :thumbs:

The Trader Joe kind doesn't have kahlua, just coffee. I think. Oh gawd now I have to go check the box! :blink:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jackie (F)

ETA: In Italian, it literally means "pick me up". Just a little trivia there....I don't think it's much of a pick me up, but it is darn good. :thumbs:

The Trader Joe kind doesn't have kahlua, just coffee. I think. Oh gawd now I have to go check the box! :blink:

:lol: I had one of those moments this morning.... I hate it when that happens.

I seriously hope the Trader Joe kind doesn't have the alchohol. :unsure:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Friday--I had this long "I am leaving VJ today' post all typed out and then I said to myself, 'Self--screw him. If you leave VJ you can't be around to help others that might need support in the future' (small shameless plug for 'Jackies Corner')

So, I'm not going anywhere! I am sure my ex would love me to go away. But I am not. I love and respect Laura too much to cause her to reprimand me publically. I will behave and try not to say negative things about the one that tore out my heart and stomped on it on his way out the door. (one last jab---you said you came to America only for me----well, be gone then)

On a brighter note--------- :dance: it's payday! it's Friday :dance: and..........I have the day off :dance: Going to pick up Alexis and play in the park while her mother rests. Poor Jessica has something, either a bad cold or brohchitis. I take her to the dr in the afternoon. I would love to post current pics of Alexis (with her ears pierced!) but I can't. grrrrrrr

Have a good day.

Jackie (F)

Yes Jackie stick around please! I may need you in the future as well as some others. :thumbs:

Good morning everybody-

I woke up feeing pretty good...but omg, that other thread is making my head spin. I can't believe some people!

Anyways, have a good day

What other thread?

Morning everyone!!!

Stomach bug day 2.....thought I was good to go to work but left after an hour. And most of that hour was spent in the bathroom :cry2: So I'm back to working from home.

That other topic blows my mind.

Now I'm really curious what topic people are talking about.

Jackie (F)

I was once introduced to tiramisu with a small taste of warmed up grande marnia. But I'm put off alcohol and smoking for life now. :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Jackie (F)

:cry::cry::cry: I found the box. It has Marsala Wine in it. Who the heck puts Marsala wine in their tiramisu?????? I'll have to toss it now. :(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jackie (F)

:cry::cry::cry: I found the box. It has Marsala Wine in it. Who the heck puts Marsala wine in their tiramisu?????? I'll have to toss it now. :(

:( Sowee.

I think actually Marsala wine is the standard ingredient along with espresso.

I prefer kahlua though, mmmmmmm

Timeline
Don't toss it...send it to me. :D

OMG it's sooo good too! I should have known that it had something in it 'cause it had a little bite to it but I thought stores couldn't sell things with alcholol in them here. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Now I'll have to find another dessert for tonight. My daughter even loved it!! lol no wonder!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

You all are great! I found the thread cuz I saw it got locked so that answers my curious cat.

Hmmm... In other news....

I finished one of my 6 page essays for midterms next week so that is relief! One less thing to worry about. I'm talking full advantage of the computer lab this weekend to do my investigative reports and write my other essays and study for my midterms! I will be checking in for breaks from time to time! Whoot! Don't be strangers this weekend! :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

When I make it I just use espresso. I'll have to dig out that recipe and post it. It's so simple.

Don't toss it...send it to me. :D

OMG it's sooo good too! I should have known that it had something in it 'cause it had a little bite to it but I thought stores couldn't sell things with alcholol in them here. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Now I'll have to find another dessert for tonight. My daughter even loved it!! lol no wonder!

Jackie (F)

i have a fantastic EASY recipe for tiramisu without the alcohol.

Easy Tiramisu

Ingredients:

3/4 cup brewed coffee, room temperature

1 (8 ounce) package marscarpone, softened

3/4 cup heavy cream

2 tablespoons vanilla extract

2-3 tablespoons sugar

20 ladyfingers

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:

In a medium bowl, stir coffee and half of the marscarpone together until well blended and all of the chunks are gone. In a different bowl beat the heavy cream and vanilla until it stiff peaks form (until it becomes whipped cream). Beat remaining marscarpone cheese into the whipped cream until well blended. Add sugar to taste (you want it to be sweet, but not too sweet it will ruin the tiramisu). Place 10 lady's fingers at the bottom of a bread baking pan. Pour half of the coffee mixture over lady's fingers. Smooth half of the whipped cream mixture over those. Repeat layer with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.

YUM... now, FYI, it's not really tiramisu cause its not made with espresso and there are no eggs in it... but its soooo easy and good.

ETA... sometimes i brew espresso, but when im really lazy i just brew the coffee extra strong and it tastes fine

Edited by hollyw

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi everyone, just chking in. didnt do much today...lol but i have a sink full of dishes, not excited about that, id rather sleep.

so tomorrow night i am going to talk to 1 obgyn just to talk and get my hcg level drawn because i want to make sure the numbers are doubling normally.

i talked to my mom tonight and she told me if im not bleeding or having any pain i shouldnt really worry. i just have some cramps that come and go, nothing to one side or another or serious. i forgot what all this is like its been over 7yrs since i was in early pregnancy really, cause i had a really messed up ectopic in 2004 but it wasnt text book......weird.

sooooooooo INSHAA ALLAH everything will be fine. im not worried, not stressing, just want to make sure.

have a good friday all!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
hi everyone, just chking in. didnt do much today...lol but i have a sink full of dishes, not excited about that, id rather sleep.

so tomorrow night i am going to talk to 1 obgyn just to talk and get my hcg level drawn because i want to make sure the numbers are doubling normally.

i talked to my mom tonight and she told me if im not bleeding or having any pain i shouldnt really worry. i just have some cramps that come and go, nothing to one side or another or serious. i forgot what all this is like its been over 7yrs since i was in early pregnancy really, cause i had a really messed up ectopic in 2004 but it wasnt text book......weird.

sooooooooo INSHAA ALLAH everything will be fine. im not worried, not stressing, just want to make sure.

have a good friday all!

Light cramping is normal and even spotting is normal too so don't freak if you see that. I think it's called implantation bleeding or something like that. If you've had problems in the past i would definitely just take it easy the next couple of months and also get on some good prenatal vitamins. I hated them and had to take them at night 'cause they made me sick but they definitely help the baby.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Friday night is Ghost Whisperer. Also that new vampire one is supposed to be on Fridays too. Gotta check that out.

Anyone see any of the new shows and if so how do you like them.

I find it hard to sit and watch t.v. these days, too anxious.

Have a great weekend! :dance:

Timeline

I kinda wish I had TV at home tonight. The local theater is playing a play instead of a movie tonight, and my local video rental place is moving locations this weekend. Waaaah! :crying:

All the more reasons to focus on midterms.

I got another piece of homework done so sweet...

I told Waleed to give me space for midterms because I would turn into a crazy lady and I know he gets busy and quiet during Ramadan anyways. At the same time I miss him. hmmm.... oh well.... that's how the next few months...years... may go with this visa process.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.