Misty1979

Will we have to fill out a new AOS?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys. Just have a quick question regarding the Affadavit of Support, and whether we need to fill out a new one before interview time.

My husband was working full time when he filled out the AOS, but now he is attending college full time (he actually gets payed more to attend school, due to veteran benefits from the Coast Guard, so it was the most sensible thing to do.)

So... since he is making slightly more now, will we need to fill out a new affadavit of support, or will the old one be fine? His dad was a joint sponsor for us, but his employment hasn't changed, so I can't see things being affected on his side, but I'm not sure whether making more money would be a reason to fill out a new one or not.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it:)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

I have a similar (yet different situation). Oliver got a promotion

He works for the same company, just at a different location, but same bosses and everything else.. also more money

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jerry changed jobs just before my interview in Montreal. He sent me a new AOS form, with a new letter from his new employer, and I submitted it. I asked if they wanted the old one, explaining the situation, and they didn't.

When we went to our AOS interview, Jerry had received a raise between the time we filed and the time of the interview. We took an updated employer letter reflecting the change. When the adjudicator pulled out the AOS form from my file, he asked if anything had changed, and made notations on the form itself after looking at the letter.

Long story short ( :whistle: ), I'd have an updated AOS form ready, as well as a new employer letter, and be prepared to offer them.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

When we went to our AOS interview, Jerry had received a raise between the time we filed and the time of the interview. We took an updated employer letter reflecting the change. When the adjudicator pulled out the AOS form from my file, he asked if anything had changed, and made notations on the form itself after looking at the letter.

Cass, thanks for that info. Bee just received a promotion after our interview so I wondered how that would affect our AOS application.

As an aside, anyone notice that there are way too many "AOS" abbreviations running rampant? :whistle:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cass, thanks for that info. Bee just received a promotion after our interview so I wondered how that would affect our AOS application.

As an aside, anyone notice that there are way too many "AOS" abbreviations running rampant? :whistle:

It won't make much difference methinks, since the promotion has happened before you file your AOS papers. You just wouldn't be able to use the AOS form you submitted at the K-1 interview, since things have changed already. :)

And yes, too many AOS's are making my head spin. :blush::wacko:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

so if everything's the same (Company Name, Bosses) except for work address & money, I need to still get him to re-notarize another form in time for my Montreal interview??

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, if any job information changes from the time the form was first filled out, a new one needs to be completed, along with a new employment letter stating new job and income amounts.

Any time anything changes, you should do new forms.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.