cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum, Debra! And Angel, I'm sure you're absolutely thrilled to be back with your habibi.

It's snowing a LOT here, I went to start digging out my car (I'd rather do it in stages than all at once at 5:30 AM!!!) and there was about 2 feet of snow covering it :P It's mostly because the wind blew a lot of it, I think we only have gotten about a foot here so far. Fortunately it's light snow and not too hard to shovel. I was kind of annoyed Majid was working so I had to shovel all by myself... that's the kind of thing husbands are supposed to help with, isn't it???

Stay warm, everyone! (Not too hard for you, Dollface....)

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Not too hard for you, Dollface....)

hey its been damn cold here in jordan lately...all the country got snow last week except for the town i live in....cant complain, but we make up for it with rain! i use to be soooo equipped for the cold...i rarely wore a jacket in chicago, now im ultra sensitive, it hits 35F here in jordan and im like ooooooo its sooo cold....what will i do next winter in chicago lol...

Sharon, sounds like u had an adventure in the snow....i always did like shoveling snow though!

i agree, keep warm everyone

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Apparently I should have posted in this thread...so I just copied and pasted. :-)

Well...needless to say i wish i had found this site earlier to gain actual ground truth concerning this entire process. It is simply amazing how long this process takes! I was married in Amman in October and figured it would be just a quick process if i stayed here and filed all the paperwork here....until I really found out the process. Had our petition interview Jan 9th and approved, got the exam and visa packet back in around the 17th....so I guess this is where the wait really kicks in to slow gear? I am about to open up an online pool to see who guesses the date we get an actual second interview. :-) I was hoping it wouldn't take as long as the nice consulor officer told me, but from reading these forum looks like it will be around the year 2020. Another few months of doing nothing in Amman...yeah! (he says sarcastically) Glad to see some other folks wading through the same process. Congratulations to those that recently succeeded and to the everyone else in the "waiting game" I feel your pain.

FYI for anyone that is in front or behind me...just got off the phone with "buddies" at the embassy Amman. They are still working on the visa packages from November.... :-( I guess my Jan 19th receipt date is going to be seen somewhere in the 2010 timeframe. :-(

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Welcome Nealk2005!

Glad to see another person going thru Amman.

I can't express how happy i am to finally be with my husband. it was a sweet reunion at the airport. As soon as we seen each other we had big smiles on our faces, and hugged each other and kissed for about ten minutes. I think we were both in a dazed to be honest it's been 9 months since we seen each other, and i told Anmar you are trying to make up for 9 months in 2 days. I was exhausted :blush:

I'll post more later i'm at work right.

Angel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Angel,

I'm so happy your husband had a safe trip home to you.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Timeline
I can't express how happy i am to finally be with my husband. it was a sweet reunion at the airport. As soon as we seen each other we had big smiles on our faces, and hugged each other and kissed for about ten minutes. I think we were both in a dazed to be honest it's been 9 months since we seen each other, and i told Anmar you are trying to make up for 9 months in 2 days. I was exhausted :blush:

I'll post more later i'm at work right.

Angel

Congrats Angel! Don't think it's gonna wear off any time soon. I don't know how old your Anmar is, but Abdel is 38 and had waited all his life to have a wife. These guys aren't like American men, they actually wait, so get used to being tired! I'm sure you're welcoming the break of being at work B)

Neal, welcome to our forum. This group is very supportive and will help your months fly by as you wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Welcome Nealk2005!

I am sort of a newbie also. I've been around a month or so. Don't really know any other active members from Algeria, so these wonderful people adopted me here(LOL). Glad you are here.

I am counting down the days. It's less that 4 weeks until I go back to Algeria. Already trying to get my things together. Made a list so I would not forget anything. Hachemi is so excited. He cant stop smiling.

Angel, I so look forward to being in your shoes. I know it is such a wonderful feeling to have you husband in your arms again. Makes me want to cry with happiness for you.

Sharon and Dollface, It does not ever snow where I live. The people in the north probably think we are lucky, but I would love for it to snow one time. Last for maybe a day or two, then go away. But no such luck.

I pray everyday that the CSC speeds up. I hope they can catch up on these petitions so everyone here can be reunited with their SO.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What a wonderful Valentine's day present Angel! :luv:

Ok, mini rant

[rant] I get a little tired of posts from people who are from Europe or Canada or other countries who's citizens can freely travel to the United States. When they discuss how to come and visit on a K-1 or K-3 visa, it makes me want to pull out my hair. It's not their fault that they live in countries that give them that privilage. It just makes me a wee bit jealous that DH couldn't have visited me even if we had the money during our 4 year visa process. No visa waiver program, no chance in hell of getting a tourist visa. Oh, you haven't seen your SO in the last 3 months? Try a year and a half! I guess that's the price we pay for having ME/NA SOs [/rant]

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

Now Rahma, you should know by now that ranting is perfectly acceptable here. In fact, whatever you happen to be ranting about at any given moment is usually something at least 90% of us here have felt at one time or another so we can certainly relate.

Every time I read about someone wanting to bring family over for a visit it makes me cringe. It is just so wrong that people can be denied a vacation out of their country just because of where they happened to be born. Whenever people say "proud to be an American" I want to correct them and say "no, LUCKY to be an American". Nobody DID anything to be proud of in being born here, they were just lucky it happened that way. They could have been born somewhere like our loves are from where things we take for granted just don't happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome Neal! We're glad you stopped by!

And Rahma, I agree with your rant. I sometimes think if some of those people in European / Canadian embassies also had to go through interviews like I loved ones do as well, they would be a MAJOR uproar and reform of this whole process.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Neal, welcome, i also processed my papers in Amman, and i have been here in jordan for 7 months now....my husband and i will have our final interview on march 21st....so i guess u can expect the process to take up to 8-10 months.....sad but true...remember that they are twice as busy because they are processing visas for iraq too! are u currently in jordan with your husband? do u plan to stay the entire time? i wish u both the best of luck

Kelly

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Rant away, Rahma. If you're thinking it, chances are so have most of the other people here too. I used to get so frustrated with those Europeans... and I was lucky because Morocco's one of the faster embassies in this thread!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.