cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey LB. I know what u mean. It's hard, coz it will cost me again, been to Jordan 2 x's since September of last year. I could go in June/July but I'm thinking that my husband might need me to just help him take the proof down and not be nervous.

Listen everyone! All whose husband is here in the States now, waiting for you interview was nothing. You all are so lucky. Got an email from a friend I met on VJ who lives in CA. His wife is in Jordan and they received her packet last Thursday. They set the interview date as they stated in the email I posted here about their new rules and how they are handling the overload. Her interview date is set for November 27, 2006. That's 9 months away! Oh my God, he's flipping and I don't blame him. I thought my 5 month wait was bad. Oh thank you God for at least the 5 months. And he has an attorney. Here and there. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should just pass over the visa then and there at interview date for making us wait like this.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 MONTHS!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much of this process is just luck. Sometimes I get jealous of all those Europeans and Canadians, because they can visit on VWP and come here and just get married and then apply for the green card, and because they get their interviews so fast and they don't have the security checks we do...

But gosh Morocco is a dream compared to Jordan and Lebanon. I'm so sorry you all have to wait. Andrea, you have the right idea to just be happy you *only* have to wait 5 months instead of 9.

Lebanese Bride, I'm so happy for you that you got some kind of response. Just having a little bit of information makes this all so much easier to deal with. I think if the consulates understood that maybe they would share more with us.

Liz, what is the tunisian radio station? We listen sometimes to Moroccanmp3.com, but I'd like an alternative because it's always the same songs on moroccanmp3

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Why can't Lebanon have a system like Jordan ??

It will be around 9 months (or more) when I get my interview. Woulda saved me a lot of tears, screams and stress if I would have known the date way back when our case got complete. Then I can plan everything.

I know it's terrible ... but trust me waiting in the dark like I am is alot worst.

"They should just pass over the visa then and there at interview date for making us wait like this."

Maybe they will ?!? :P We have been at this for so long ... what else is there to know ?

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Timeline

Sharon, Actually, I just asked Abdel and he said it's broadcast out of Tangier, not Tunisia - my bad. It's www.medi1.com. It's a mix of music from all over the world and you can also listen to different commentaries too. He said it's more mediterranean than arabic. That's cool to me though, because he's from Taza in the north, which is really much more mediterranean than the southern parts of the country, so the music still reminds me of where he's from.

For those of you with the long waits, I do feel for you. I really can't relate in the relationship arena, but my degree might be about the closest I can. I've been in school now for 5 years and have 3 to go. I'll have 2 degrees when I finish, but I'm getting really sick of being in school and even sicker of waiting for the degree to actually be there so I can have the benefits of actually having it.

LB, you're right - the not knowing is horrible. even though I have 3 years of school left, I've been able to pretty much map it out and know when I'll graduate, so that makes me have a goal in sight to work for. I think if it was open ended like your wait is, I'd be even more ready to quit and might already have. I hope they surprise you soon and at least give you a date so you have something tangible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Omg Help!!!!!!!!!!!What is going on ????????Why can't i get the next dam packet from the embassy????not even the lawyer got it yet.We are so stressing :( What the hell do i do now??Do i go there and get it myself??Will they even give it to me when i am there.Omg god can anyone help me in this question??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello All..Just checking in. I just got home after spending the entire weekend with my fiance's family. Boy I just love newborn babies!!! (L)

Andrea..ok now I think your letter was a good thing! 9 months, omg unbelieveable.

LB - I'm so glad to see you are in better spirits now.

Amal - Don't let the Islam bashing get to you, this is how people are. If you go and search net you will find a bashing site for just about everykind of person in the world.

As for me, I'm dying to travel back to Jordan. Wanting to see my honey so badly, being in limbo totally sucks. I atleast want to have a response for the CIS, I am dying! Even being around his family is hard, we constantly talk about him and they get so excited about us having kids. :crying: I hate this...I really really hate this... :crying:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

9 months? are they crazy? They are going to be having protests pop out everywhere.. 9 months is way too long for someone who has been waiting already around 1 year and quite possibly it has been longer than that since that person last saw their fiance/husband/wife!!! I think they need to re-think their process and do something a little bit more logical. What about holding jordan interviews on the days they have them and then holding iraq interviews on another day? Hell, maybe they are already doing that.. who knows...9 months.. CRAZY

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

By the way... If any of you want to see a really fantastic movie about Islam and the way it began... watch "the Message". Just make sure to get one with english subtitles or ask your husband/wife if they are willing to translate the whole movie. We rented it and it was supposed to have subtitles but NOPE. So my poor husband had to tell me everything they were saying. I told him that this movie to Islam is much like the movie The Passion of the Christ is to Christians. I can't wait to watch it again!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Amal, where are you finding these movies?

JP, I guess your interview date won't be till next year. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windancer, terrible, I would get that packet when you are there girl. Send them an email that you want to pick it up before you leave to Jordan. Also, you won't get your interview date now until next year. This can't work, it just can't work.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

Timeline

Andrea, I hope not!!! Since my visa is a non-immigrant visa, I think it falls into a different category as far as dates go.

Does anyone know about that? Is my wait for a K-1 visa going to be that long?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi everyone just checking in!! 208 more wakes ups!! one day closer every day.........

not really anything new here we are all fighting colds and preparing for georges' brother in laws arrival here in april, he is coming to spend a week with his family for easter......he lives and works in saudi so its really hard on his wife and two girls to only see him every so often, so we are all happy he is coming to spend this time with us.....

i hope everything starts looking up for us all!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

No JP, you have to wait too. They don't decipher between visas, non-immigrant or immigrant. Mine is a non-immigrant too, I129F K3. My I130 hasn't been approved yet.

Windancer, have a great tripppppppppppppppppppppppppp. I started a post on your trip to Jordan. God bless and have fun in your loving husbands arms.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Timeline

That really annoys me! I sent that damn app in over 4 months ago and still no answer!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance: I have been so busy over the last 7 days. My fiance got his passport and visa on last Monday. Today, he arrived in the USA!!! I talked to him on the phone as he left the airport. No, I haven't seen him because he flew directly to his family. He will spend a couple of weeks with them and finally come to me just before our wedding in mid-April.

I am so exhausted after all the waiting and hoping and praying. It is so good to be in this place right now. :) I am very happy and so thankful that God has brought us this far. :innocent:

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.