cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

best advice I can give is to wait for the confirmation email and then sit back and let the ride happen. Its a rough and bumpy one but at the end of it you will be glad you went. I sure hope there was some mistake in the date though.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Amal, Didn't a certain little boy have a birthday party this weekend? How did that go?

Is he still upset at your husband? It may take him some time to trust, and I know how hard that can be on you. My sons were pretty frustrating when they were young too. My youngest and my last husband before Abdel fought constantly like brothers. There were many times I honestly knew my sons were being as difficult as possible to get rid of whatever man was in my life at the time. My youngest told me when he was about 10 that I had "jerk magnet" tattooed on my forehead and all the jerks could see it. After my 3rd divorce, he told me, "Mom, don't you see that you're not cut out for marriage? I mean come on, you've struck out 3 times - game over!" Now that they are adults they talk about all the jerks I dated and how much they hated them. I guess they really like Abdel though because they are respectful to him and are finally happy to see me so happy.

If you ever need someone to listen while you vent your "mom" frustrations, just message me. My boys are 24 and 20 now so I've been through a lot of the stuff you might have to go through and I know that sometimes I just wanted to scream, out of their earshot, until I was calm enough to deal with them.

Edited by honeyblonde

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That's great news, Angel! I can't wait for Maj to get his EAD so he can apply for a driver's license (in Massachusetts you have to have a form of US-government issued photo ID to get a license or an ID card). He says he's scared he won't be able to find his way around, but if you don't live in a city and you can't drive around it's really hard to be independent.

Farah, it's always great to hear how things are going with you; you really give us a different perspective on the experience!

Hugs

Sharon

Sharon,

Wadi and I went to the RMV in Boston to get his permit. They looked at his passport, SSC, a bank statement, and his Moroccan driver's license. No EAD or any other immigration documents were asked for. Unfortunately he needs to take the written test again, so no permit yet. But Majid should be able to get his permit without the EAD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Kelly - I'm very sorry to hear about Sofyan's Grandfather, you have our many condolences.

Andrea - OMG Months? That's ridiculous!! I can understand that the embassy in Jordan is doing paperwork for Iraq as well but what happened to the policy "Jordan First"? For those of you who don't know, this is the policy that was made by the King of Jordan as a protection for the Jordanians since there are so many other nationalities of people living there. I really hope this was a mistake that is quickly rectified.

Amal - I hope your son had a happy birthday :D

Dawn - Glad you to see your post! How have things been?

I have not logged on in 3 days! I went to the (L)Amr Diab (L) concert over the weekend and could not really manage to do anything else :D I'm still starstruck! LOL its like missing a day of work, you come back to the office and your desk is piled with work. It's really alot to catch up on, sorry if I missed something!

Jordanian Princess (L)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Sharon,

Wadi and I went to the RMV in Boston to get his permit. They looked at his passport, SSC, a bank statement, and his Moroccan driver's license. No EAD or any other immigration documents were asked for. Unfortunately he needs to take the written test again, so no permit yet. But Majid should be able to get his permit without the EAD.

No kidding!!! That's different from what the website says. We'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the info!!!! I'd love to get Maj starting to drive, even if it's just a learner's permit.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

Sharon,

No kidding!!! That's different from what the website says. We'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the info!!!! I'd love to get Maj starting to drive, even if it's just a learner's permit.

Sharon

We just gave it a shot, despite what it said on the website. If you pass the written test, I believe you can make an appointment for the road test as soon as they have an opening.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have not logged on in 3 days! I went to the Amr Diab concert over the weekend and could not really manage to do anything else I'm still starstruck! LOL its like missing a day of work, you come back to the office and your desk is piled with work. It's really alot to catch up on, sorry if I missed something!

Jordanian Princess,

damn I would have LOVED to go to that concert, you are not so far from us ( we are near fresno) did you just check his website or what> Adnan would love to see some arab concerts and I am sure Khaled will be coming sometime, I just dont really know where to look. will you give me a heads up when you know someone good is going to be coming?

thanks

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

It was a great concert with the exception of the 4 rats :D LOL...They totally sucked! THey didn't even have a band and I'm not even sure if they were really singing.

Ragheb Alama is coming to SF on May 28th, as soon as I find out where/when the tickets are being sold I will post. They usually annouce all of this stuff on ART America.

Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can understand that the embassy in Jordan is doing paperwork for Iraq as well but what happened to the policy "Jordan First"? For those of you who don't know, this is the policy that was made by the King of Jordan as a protection for the Jordanians since there are so many other nationalities of people living there.

JP (Jordanian Princess) Interesting! I wonder if I told the Embassy this if they would even give a ######. Anyway, I did send them another email, they are not answering at this time, but I wanted to confirm the interview date and also asked "why 5 months from now". If they come back that they are busy assisting others from different countries, then maybe I will say, what happened to the Jordan policy that King Hussein created for Jordans first. LOL Like they're going to care.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

How lucky you are ! Amr Diab is a hottie.

Andrea,

I just want to tell you be grateful you have an interview. I know you are reading this going, "What?!?". Trust me, I have waited six months and still no interview. At this point I just want an interview. Even if it is five months from now ... at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You can make plans and everything. We cannot do anything but wait. Inshallah you can get it moved up ... but if that doesn't happen say Al hamdullah I have an interview. Others (like myself) still do not have the light at the end of their tunnel. good luck.

Massouna

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

Lebenese - I agree he is a total hottie, but he got a really bad haircut! :P

Andrea - I'm not really certain if they would give a sh@%. Those Jordan First signs are all over Amman, its very interesting and dissapointing that Jordanians get put on the back burner in their own country. I know its been getting worse lately. My Fiance told me the other day that embassy put out a report in the news that things would start flowing quicker in Jordan, but after hearing this I don't know how much truth there is to that. The silver lining of this whole thing is what lebenese bride pointed out, you can start planning now. Even though its far away, you can now start moving along with your life.

I think thats one of the hardest things when you are waiting in limbo with no date. You constandly go back and forth in your mind about what to do, when to do it, and finally u end up doing nothng. :lol:

I'm on K-1, and its been 4 months and no approval from the US side yet. I'm guess that once it does it approved it will take about 5 months in Jordan (including visa center processing) So total would be I'm guessing at a minimum of 9-10 months processing time. Unless someone goes to Jordan and wakes up the embassy, I think they are on a permanent siesta!

(L) Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Andrea they won't say they are assisting other countries. It's a first come first serve policy at the embassy there and they can care less about Jordan First that just applies to the country Jordan not the US Embassy.

I'm just so happy I am done with that place :dance::dance: I am happy you finally got a date at least it's a date to look forward to and not stuck in that place not knowing when you will get a date.

Angel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amr Diab songs are perfect for those who's habibi is far far away. My DH and I had many of his songs are our "song" during our looooooooong time apart.

You can listen to all of his songs (back to 1983!) on his website.

My DH and my song used to be Tamally Maak. We've since moved on to Bryan Adams' "Everything I do" now that we're together :luv:

If you're ever longly, crank up the Amr Diab and croon away -

Tamally Maak - Always with you.

I am always with You.

And even when Your far away from me,

Your love is in my heart.

I am always with You.

You're always on my mind and in my heart.

I never forget You.

I always miss You,

Even if I am with You.

I am always with You.

And even when Your far away from me,

Your love is in my heart.

I am always with You.

You're always on my mind and in my heart.

I never forget You.

I always miss You,

Even if I am with You.

I am always longing for You Darling.

I always need You and nobody else.

And if I'm surrounded by the whole world,

I still need You, my darling.

I am always longing for You darling.

I always need you and nobody else.

I still need You, my darling.

I am always with You.

You have my heart and my soul

My most precious love.

My most precious love.

And no matter if You away from me,

You are close to my heart.

You are life in the future and the present.

And the most beautiful of fates.

I am always with You.

You have my heart and my life

My most precious love.

My most precious love.

And no matter if You away from me,

You are close to my heart.

You are life in the future and the present.

And the most beautiful of fates.

I still need You, my Darling.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
I have not logged on in 3 days! I went to the (L)Amr Diab (L) concert over the weekend and could not really manage to do anything else :D I'm still starstruck! LOL its like missing a day of work, you come back to the office and your desk is piled with work. It's really alot to catch up on, sorry if I missed something!

Jordanian Princess (L)

We are jealous! He was not near South Florida! :( I told Hicham if a really good concert comes to Atlanta one of these days we will go.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You are right! Thumbs up for the interview date. :dance:

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.