cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Farah,

Glad to hear things are going so well yet for you. Congrats on getting your one certificate and wishing you all the best on your written test and getting a job or volunteer work. Your working very hard and it will pay off for you soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Farrah: Awesome, WTG :dance::dance::dance:

Im typing in the dark, my husband called and the embassy called him with interview date. He was so upset. I know they contacted him coz i stayed in touch with them, my last email saying, ok we are going on week 7. any interview date? LOL Well, they set one, yeah, five months ahead, my Gooooooooooood, I'm freaking, feel like puking, my stomach isn't well anyway and my husband hit the ceiling asking them why so far away and the guy who called him said, well, it could be a year away, so be grateful. Then my husband is saying why did we get an attorney there, to pay all this money and we can't get our interview date until 5 months from now, August 23 is the date and at 8 am. wow, early. Anyway, i sent the embassy an email to confirm this, thought maybe faisal heard wrong but he said the guy spoke tohim in arabic. Also, faisal works late, i know he was sleeping but he seemed to get the date down, lol

Wow, this is on a k3 ladies. my I130 will sure be approved by then and maybe out of the visa center by then. u think they did this on purpose? I will call my attorney on monday. Oh goodness, that's so far away. I was hoping like 2-3 months, but 5? OH GOD. And he's flipping about the time now. Again, OH MY GOD

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Timeline

Oh Andrea, I am so sorry to hear of the long wait in Amman for an interview! Our wait was like 2 months, then we watched it go to 3-4 months, but 5????? Maybe it was a mistake either on your habibi's part or the sceduler. Try to confirm it with the embassy by email.

Hang in there and know you have the support of many here on VisaJourney.

Jackie

Timeline

Andrea that is long wait and all I can say is sorry and hope you can get it moved forward. Hang in there and I know how frustrating this can be since Pakistan is so slow in their processing as well.

Hugs,

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Farah, It sounds like you've been staying very busy. That's good news. There's nothing quite like keeping busy to distract a person from the loneliness of being away from home and family and friends. I don't know about your area, but I know here there are tons of volunteer positions available for anyone with any kind of medical training. It will give you good experience too for when you do find a paying job. But I hope you're able to get a paying job since I know that's so much nicer - having your own money.

Andrea, I'm so sorry about the 5 months. I know I felt that way when ours was 3 months, since others around us were getting interviews in 1 or 2 months. I couldn't understand why ours was so far out there. I was scared it was some kind of sign that we were going to be denied, so they were just putting us off as long as possible. Everything turned out smooth so I was wrong there, but it was difficult. August! Wow, that is so long from now. Only know that if it's for real, we'll be here for you.

Kelly, I'm so sorry Sofyan's grandfather passed. It's good that you guys were still there at least, but that's about all there could possibly be positive about such a loss. I hope your tummy and heart are feeling better. Good luck on the interview, although I doubt you need luck with what you've gone through to prove your marriage.

That's wild! 5 months for an interview! Mine was 3 and I was hoping for 1 or 2 since thats what was happening at my time. It has to be due to the rush of Iraq immigration petitions ... What happened to the embassy in Iraq anyway? I hope the time goes by quickly for you girl, I'll be prayin for ya.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

wooooooooow andrea i really hope something got mixed up in that conversation..........5 months is a very very long time..........i hope things turn around for you

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline

Thanks for all of ur support. Yeah! My husband is not happy, he's requesting I return to Jordan to see him before this time. It's been hard on all of us here, hasn't it? Well, I did send the embassy and email requesting confirmation of this date. Thanks again all for being here for me.

Kelly, tada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post, post, post after this interview girl! How are you feeling?

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will post ASAP promised! im feeling OK today i only took one xanax this morning...so....im ok.........im practicing breathing and for some reason music makes me feel better..i hear exercise can help....i think sofyan and i will kill some time tomorrow with a workout...i was scared of this always happening as it has taken over my brother and fathers lives for a long time...i know my brother is on serious medication, and my dad just kind of secludes himself as his isnt THAT bad...andrea i feel soooooooo sorry for you.............i wish there was something i could say...let me know what the embassyt says

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline

Wife of Muhammad, thank you!

Kelly, I did send an email and waiting for the confirmation from them.

So glad to hear u r feeling better. Exercise is good, and don't worry if your heart gets even a bigger workout. Don't worry about the attacks, don't let them get u, just remember to accept them, and float thrugh them, they will go. Good luck tomorrow. I'm really so happy for the both of you. And welcome back to Chicago!

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Kelly-You're almost there!!! keep breathing!!!!! Post as soon as you can!! YEEHAWWWW V -day is coming!!!

to everyone else i hope all is going well..........just wanted to say hello....

Edited by jessNgeorges

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

Question: If an interview date is already set up and let's say the I130 is approved and also in Jordan, would they still keep the same interview date but interview the I130 instead?

Someone told me that they would do that if the I130 was approved and out of the visa center and in Jordan. Anyone here able to comfirm that?

Thanks everyone.

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Filed I130 September 19

I129F (K3)

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

Timeline

Andrea the I 130 cancels out the K3. This is what happened to me. Both of my cases were at the embassy and they never gave us the paperwork on the K3. If you do not get a closer date and the I-130 makes it to the embassy they will interview for the I 130.

Mary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well andrea as i see all think that is to long so maybe there was a mistake.I hope it will not be that long.Makes me wonder how far off ours will be.Hang in there still your almost done.As for me hell i am just happy right now that the lawyer will get ashraf's dam packet for him.Waiting just for that was stressfull.She told ashraf not to worry about the interview date.We don't know what that means but we hope it means something good.Right now i am just to excited about seeing mih in a few more days.Hope all here on Vj are doing well.

Well andrea as i see all think that is to long so maybe there was a mistake.I hope it will not be that long.Makes me wonder how far off ours will be.Hang in there still your almost done.As for me hell i am just happy right now that the lawyer will get ashraf's dam packet for him.Waiting just for that was stressfull.She told ashraf not to worry about the interview date.We don't know what that means but we hope it means something good.Right now i am just to excited about seeing mih in a few more days.Hope all here on Vj are doing well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.