cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I don't want to start drama like on the other thread about K1's and CR1's. But to ansewr your question the delay is the K1's an K3's. There is alot of them and they are taking up all the interview slots. So the Cr-1's keep getting pushed back further and further.

I've been watching people on VJ ... the people who's case was complete around September are starting to get interviews for April or May. So Ali & I are really hoping and praying that we will follow in their footsteps and have an interview soon.

:P Thanks for calming me down. Trust me the wait does crazy things to you. You read one piece of information and freak out. I didn't even tell Ali about your post cuz I'm sure he woulda got mad too. I don't know whatever happens to us is and always will be God's will.

Yallah NVC schedule the interview for us .... seriously we will be your biggest fans if you do ! We just want to be together in each others arms. Is that too much to ask ? :(

Something else has to be going on. The wait for an interview in lebanon is not that long.

My point exactly .. you are a K1 I am a CR1. Your interview didn't take long .. mine is taking months and months. That's what it is ... and all the student visas Lebanon has been handing out. It all adds up to us getting pushed back.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't want to start drama like on the other thread about K1's and CR1's. But to ansewr your question the delay is the K1's an K3's. There is alot of them and they are taking up all the interview slots. So the Cr-1's keep getting pushed back further and further.

I've been watching people on VJ ... the people who's case was complete around September are starting to get interviews for April or May. So Ali & I are really hoping and praying that we will follow in their footsteps and have an interview soon.

:P Thanks for calming me down. Trust me the wait does crazy things to you. You read one piece of information and freak out. I didn't even tell Ali about your post cuz I'm sure he woulda got mad too. I don't know whatever happens to us is and always will be God's will.

Yallah NVC schedule the interview for us .... seriously we will be your biggest fans if you do ! We just want to be together in each others arms. Is that too much to ask ? :(

Something else has to be going on. The wait for an interview in lebanon is not that long.

My point exactly .. you are a K1 I am a CR1. Your interview didn't take long .. mine is taking months and months. That's what it is ... and all the student visas Lebanon has been handing out. It all adds up to us getting pushed back.

Ghassan was a K3 which is like a CR1 and i don't remember him waiting that long either to get an interview through lebanon. Anyways I wish you good luck and getting an interview date.

I wish you hear something soon .. Your wait has been way too long. I'll keep ya in my prayers!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lebenese, if you don't have an attorney this might be a good time to talk to one. I hope things move along quickly for you!

Jordanian Princess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok, Sunday will make the beginning of the 7th week. I am like everyone else now, counting, counting, counting the weeks, days, mintues, seconds! LOL

Come on Amman! Set the interview date!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a little here.

Lebanon is good.......as good as can be expected. im still not adjusting like i wish i was. today is 2mths that we have been here..........I still dont understand more then 25 words. The weather is wonderful. It has only rained a few times in the last 2wks. We have 3 hamesters, 2 boys and 1 female, the female is getting ready to have babies, so at least i have a little something to occupy my time. George and i have been arguing a little more lately because i am miserable. Yes i know all of you are without your SO's and i am sorry to come here and whine, but things are so different and maybe i am too immature to adjust. i dont know. We are looking into immigrating to Canada actually and hopefully by the middle of next week we will knw something. I miss my son so very much and i am checking airline prices because i want to go see him for his birthday and spend thanksgiving in the states........i am thinking of going Oct 22nd and coming back here Dec 7th. so far it looks like a round trip will cost 980 but i will see if the agents around here can get discounts somehow. we shall see..................if i plan on that then it may be easier to have something to look forward to.

alright enough babbling i hope everyone is well!! cant wait to hear some good news from everyone!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi Angelk

congratulations on Anmar's driver license!!i m so happy for you :dance:

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: Timeline

I lived in Egypt almost a year with my fiancee waiting for papers for our marriage there (which never came and consequently I had to return and pursue the K1). I know how hard the adjustment can be. It's a whole different world. I went through a period of depression before it all just became "my life". Now I miss it. Acceptance of what is plays a big part on your ability to adjust. We just focused on each other and what made us happy and it helped things a lot.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a little here.

Lebanon is good.......as good as can be expected. im still not adjusting like i wish i was. today is 2mths that we have been here..........I still dont understand more then 25 words. The weather is wonderful. It has only rained a few times in the last 2wks. We have 3 hamesters, 2 boys and 1 female, the female is getting ready to have babies, so at least i have a little something to occupy my time. George and i have been arguing a little more lately because i am miserable. Yes i know all of you are without your SO's and i am sorry to come here and whine, but things are so different and maybe i am too immature to adjust. i dont know. We are looking into immigrating to Canada actually and hopefully by the middle of next week we will knw something. I miss my son so very much and i am checking airline prices because i want to go see him for his birthday and spend thanksgiving in the states........i am thinking of going Oct 22nd and coming back here Dec 7th. so far it looks like a round trip will cost 980 but i will see if the agents around here can get discounts somehow. we shall see..................if i plan on that then it may be easier to have something to look forward to.

alright enough babbling i hope everyone is well!! cant wait to hear some good news from everyone!!

I lived in Egypt almost a year with my fiancee waiting for papers for our marriage there (which never came and consequently I had to return and pursue the K1). I know how hard the adjustment can be. It's a whole different world. I went through a period of depression before it all just became "my life". Now I miss it. Acceptance of what is plays a big part on your ability to adjust. We just focused on each other and what made us happy and it helped things a lot.

I am curious about why you waited so long for marriage papers. Were these the papers from Egypt? When I went to Cairo and got married at the Ministry of Justice, it took about one week to get the papers (marriage contract) back after they had been signed/thumbprinted and we said our bit in arabic. THEN everything had to be translated etc, after we got them back. of course, to even get married you have to visit the embassy to fill out some other papers . . . so it all took a bit under two weeks . . allowing for the usual unexpected delays due to showing up on the wrong days at the wrong times, LOL.

Trying to get through the "validation process" of needed paperwork was a TOTAL nightmare. I had not done it prior to leaving the USA. Yes, I am a dork. :yes: I have been MUCH more careful about these things since. Live and learn as they say (whoever "they" are). Oh the things we do for these men. Geez.

I am curious about why you waited so long for marriage papers. Were these the papers from Egypt? When I went to Cairo and got married at the Ministry of Justice, it took about one week to get the papers (marriage contract) back after they had been signed/thumbprinted and we said our bit in arabic. THEN everything had to be translated etc, after we got them back. of course, to even get married you have to visit the embassy to fill out some other papers . . . so it all took a bit under two weeks . . allowing for the usual unexpected delays due to showing up on the wrong days at the wrong times, LOL.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
hi Angelk

congratulations on Anmar's driver license!!i m so happy for you :dance:

hi farah :)

Yes I am so happy he got his driver's license and it makes him feel so good about himself. Now he likes to drive everywhere. He also likes to go explore the town now so he remember where certain streets are. As for the job I just told him to wait until he feels more confident in speaking english. Right now he's at his ESL classes.

How is your driving license going? Are you still feeling a little out of place or is getting better. I didn't realize how much newly immigrants experience. I am just trying to make Anmar feel more independent and less dependent on me. But it is still difficult for him and i know he feels a little unsure about himself but he's getting better. Email me if you ever need to talk I'll be happy to help you out if i can or just be there to listen.

Take care (F) ,

Angel

hi farah :)

Yes I am so happy he got his driver's license and it makes him feel so good about himself. Now he likes to drive everywhere. He also likes to go explore the town now so he remember where certain streets are. As for the job I just told him to wait until he feels more confident in speaking english. Right now he's at his ESL classes.

How is your driving license going? Are you still feeling a little out of place or is getting better. I didn't realize how much newly immigrants experience. I am just trying to make Anmar feel more independent and less dependent on me. But it is still difficult for him and i know he feels a little unsure about himself but he's getting better. Email me if you ever need to talk I'll be happy to help you out if i can or just be there to listen.

Take care (F) ,

Angel

That's great news, Angel! I can't wait for Maj to get his EAD so he can apply for a driver's license (in Massachusetts you have to have a form of US-government issued photo ID to get a license or an ID card). He says he's scared he won't be able to find his way around, but if you don't live in a city and you can't drive around it's really hard to be independent.

Farah, it's always great to hear how things are going with you; you really give us a different perspective on the experience!

Hugs

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

I hope Abdel can get his license without his EAD or Green Card. We were able to get his state ID card at the driver's license office with just his passport and visa. We had to have the US ID to add him to our bank account. It was so neat the first time we got the bank statement with both our names on it.

I was looking at an ad someone posted at work for a Honda Civic they're selling and commented I'd love to get it for Abdel. He laughed and said "I need to get my license first!" At least he's starting to finally study seriously. He told me this week that he has a lot of questions about what things mean in the book, so I told him to start asking me and maybe he can be ready for his license soon.

Farah, I agree, please keep posting. Not only are we here to support you, you give us valuable insight into what our loves are dealing with.

Last night Abdel got to see what to do if you get stopped by the police. Savannah celebrates St. Patrick's really big, so to get back into our suburb, we had to go through a "police safety check stop." I had my license and registration and proof of insurance ready when the officer tapped on the window. Abdel helped me get the documents out as soon as we realized we would need them, then put them away when we drove off. It was a good opportunity for him to see how things work.

Last night Abdel got to see what to do if you get stopped by the police. Savannah celebrates St. Patrick's really big, so to get back into our suburb, we had to go through a "police safety check stop." I had my license and registration and proof of insurance ready when the officer tapped on the window. Abdel helped me get the documents out as soon as we realized we would need them, then put them away when we drove off. It was a good opportunity for him to see how things work.

We drove by someone who had been pulled over last week, and I was saying how glad they had been pulled over and not us because we were really late and I was speeding. I was telling him how it takes forever when you get pulled over because they check your license through the computer, then check your ID through the computer, etc., and he was just amazed at how different it is here than in Morocco; he said in Morocco you just give the guy 50 dirhams and go on your way! I told him to never try that here because he could get in some major trouble if he did :lol:

It reminds me how lucky we are here in so many ways.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi girls,

i ve finished the drug and alcohol course required by the florida DMV ,i took the test for this course ,i passed it and they sent me a certificate,now i m still practicing online for the written test wich i plan to take online also .

after that i will apply only for the learners permit so i can practice drivng .

i m working on my resume this week-end and inchaalah next week i will start appling for a pharmacy technician position .

hopefuly i will get some replies if not i think about volunteering in a hospital or a pharmacy (i m not sure if they take volunteers in pharmacies here ) so i can have some experiance to add to me resume .

thanks you all for your support that realy helps! (F)

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.