Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ty Angel!Things with ashraf and i are great but we seem to be having a problem getting the packet from the embassy.I e-mail and they terll me they sent it and it's well over a month now.I will be going back to jordan 14 days but so not sure if i go to the embassy will they give me the dam packet lol.This has been a hard road as all know but things like this make it worse when your papers are at the embassy and you can't move on to the next step.I even tryed calling them and was on hold for ever but still got n one.Any advice would be so helpfull.But yup we are still hanging on.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Windancer did your husband call the embassy and tell them he still has no received the packet and it's over a month? It might help if he goes on a tuesday or thursday to inquire about it. The same thing happen to us too we waited and waited for the K3 packet and it never came. Anmar had his lawyer in Amman get his packet. But yep I think most of us had trouble getting out packets cuz you know they are so damn slow.

Since a few of us have been through that embassy already don't hesitate to ask us questions. Take care and nice to see you again :)

Angel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well Angel we both tryed to call but not luck.Tomarrow he will call the lawyer to see if she can get the packet for us.Talking to ashraf now and he has a dam cold again lol.But he is just as upset with the embassy as we all are.

Windancer

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey windancer, how r u gf? Ashraf has another cold? Oh, I remember Faisal back to back from November thru January. Hope he gets well soon. Yeah, go there girl and move that packet out. IM a bit frustated too. I mean almost on week 7 and no word yet. Guess they are going to use the whole 12 weeks. Then I guess I will have to wait another 12 weeks for interview. My goodness!

I bet you are so excited about your trip. Wish I could go with you but can't at this time. Take lots of pics and show us allllllllllllllllll what a great time you had in Jordan!

Andrea

Honeyblonde! I like the advice, thank you.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Timeline

Andrea, How's the new residence? I remember you were going through so much to move. Are you all settled in now? I know how the mold can be. I bought an old house that had been flooded and I know the walls are full of it. Every time we do a room we rip out the drywall and redo it and the bottom 2 feet or more is always black on the inside, thick with mold. It's good you got out of that situation, even if it had become home.

I really feel for those of you that have the 12 weeks waits, and then more. That is so long to have to wait! I thought 3 months was bad. At least you have each other. I know it isn't much, but you are able to know you aren't alone, and that is something. Whatever the situation might be, being able to come here and talk to others in the same boat has always helped me calm down a little.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow, Rocky Mount is only a hop-skip-and a jump away from me. I may know your parents.. I work in a local pharmacy and process prescriptions for just about everybody in the area! Isn't that crazy! You'll have to stop by my house the next time you come thru.. I'm only about 5 minutes from the highway (ok maybe 10) You are welcome anytime at my home!

OMG! You work at a pharmacy? I work for a doctor in Columbia that works in Jeff, Columbia, Rolla and Sedalia. I am always calling in RX's for them. I know I've probably called Rocky Mount a few times too. Small world isn't it?

Anything new and excited going on down there around the lake? After the storms my parents are wondering if they still have place. :unsure: I'm really looking forward to being able to go to the lake and go boating with Khallid when he's here. For the last few years I could never really get into the lake thing. My kids have a blast, but I could've cared less. I think that will change this year. ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Andrea,

I met with an immigration attorney that represents the company I work for today about some work related matters. I asked him about contacting a senator. He told me that there are pros and cons to doing that.

He said that when you get a congressional member involved that your file actually gets pulled out of the line its in and gets sent to a different department for congressional review, which can or can't be good. He said that one should only ask a senetor to get involved under dire circumstance because sometimes it can hurt you more than it can help you. I don't know what kinds of times limits would apply to this but that was his advice.

For those wanting to know:

I also asked him what we could do if the K-1 got denied, he said we could file a motion to re-open or start the whole process over again. I got alot of helpful information from him today. I had about 20 min left over from the session I scheduled with him for work, so I used it for myself! :D

Jordanian Princess

Thanks ... I will now freak out. :crying: What the heck ? I'm sorry JordanianPrincess ... this is nothing against you. People on VJ told me to contact my senator .. now this lawyer is saying this ? I swear all I need is for my case to be worse. After two freakin years of waiting (yes, two years as of March 23rd) my case can get worse ????? :angry: I am pretty angry, upset, confused, after reading your post. Sorry about my negative attitiude ... but someone out there must know how I feel. Please :help: someone help me .. or say something to make me feel better. This is terrible and I am sooo scared right now.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Actually Lebenese (F) , for your situtation its probebly a good idea to contact your senator! What he told me about this in full detail was that if you have a case that has gone above and beyond the normal wait times then it can be helpful to contact the senate.

I actually posted this for people like myself who are new to this process. I filed in November so I have only been waiting 4 months which is nothing compared to others. I was seriously considering calling the senate when the file got to Jordan. Now I can see that I need to let it takes its normal course and be patient. I gues waiting 3 months in Jordan is the norm.

For you, its probebly gonna be very helpful. You can vent here anytime and I honestly do think the senate will help you. :yes: I can't believe its been 2 years! I'm so surprised that the wait in Lebanon would be that long. Was there any reason that you know of for the delay?

Please don't stress out!!!! :yes:

Jordanian Princess (L)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I don't want to start drama like on the other thread about K1's and CR1's. But to ansewr your question the delay is the K1's an K3's. There is alot of them and they are taking up all the interview slots. So the Cr-1's keep getting pushed back further and further.

I've been watching people on VJ ... the people who's case was complete around September are starting to get interviews for April or May. So Ali & I are really hoping and praying that we will follow in their footsteps and have an interview soon.

:P Thanks for calming me down. Trust me the wait does crazy things to you. You read one piece of information and freak out. I didn't even tell Ali about your post cuz I'm sure he woulda got mad too. I don't know whatever happens to us is and always will be God's will.

Yallah NVC schedule the interview for us .... seriously we will be your biggest fans if you do ! We just want to be together in each others arms. Is that too much to ask ? :(

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Timeline
Hi ladies! It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I have to share my great news. My fiance was interviewed on Feb. 14 in Cairo. He may have seen Amy and her fiance while he was waiting. (L) We both got the best Valentine's gift ever! (L) The interview was a success. :thumbs: They told him they would mail his passport within a month.

Can anyone explain this delay? They didn't tell him why he had to wait a month. We are both really happy now that he will be coming here.

I'm not sure when to set the wedding date. Is mid-April too soon? Does anyone have any ideas about this? Will it really be a month or longer? Could he get it sooner? I would hate to sent out wedding invitations and then have to sent out notices saying the wedding has been postponed for another month. We both want to get married about a month after he arrives in the US. :) I am living on Cloud 9.

I'm just a little nervous about seeing him again too. :unsure: It's been 8 months since I've seen him. How have some of you handled getting reacquainted? Does anyone have any great advice?

Would you mind sharing your interview experiences? My habebe is going for K1 interview next week (3/23) and of course I am consumed by nerves! Congratulations to you!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Lebanese, i would definitely get your senator involved. Also, in Jordan, the CR1's and K3's are the same, they do not treat any differently.

Honeyblonde, hey, yeah doing ok, got a cold now, still I feel like a breathe mold. Lived in that apt I guess for 5 years with mold. Yep, settled in now, but the space is smaller, better to clean, but not use to the size yet.

Kelly, posted to you on the other welcoming in your interview date. Hope you are feeling better. Xanax is cool, but take small parts first, can knock you out!

Everyone else, helloooooooooooooo and have a great day!

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

*hugs*

Andrea,

I met with an immigration attorney that represents the company I work for today about some work related matters. I asked him about contacting a senator. He told me that there are pros and cons to doing that.

He said that when you get a congressional member involved that your file actually gets pulled out of the line its in and gets sent to a different department for congressional review, which can or can't be good. He said that one should only ask a senetor to get involved under dire circumstance because sometimes it can hurt you more than it can help you. I don't know what kinds of times limits would apply to this but that was his advice.

For those wanting to know:

I also asked him what we could do if the K-1 got denied, he said we could file a motion to re-open or start the whole process over again. I got alot of helpful information from him today. I had about 20 min left over from the session I scheduled with him for work, so I used it for myself! :D

Jordanian Princess

Thanks ... I will now freak out. :crying: What the heck ? I'm sorry JordanianPrincess ... this is nothing against you. People on VJ told me to contact my senator .. now this lawyer is saying this ? I swear all I need is for my case to be worse. After two freakin years of waiting (yes, two years as of March 23rd) my case can get worse ????? :angry: I am pretty angry, upset, confused, after reading your post. Sorry about my negative attitiude ... but someone out there must know how I feel. Please :help: someone help me .. or say something to make me feel better. This is terrible and I am sooo scared right now.

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Yeah I work at a pharmacy. I fill scripts by doctors from all over the country ...... And I call them all too... How much you wanna bet that we've talked on the phone about some patients??? You should yahoo me or pm me (or however it works here in vj) and tell me which doctor it is you work for... I call the University in Columbia a LOT.. so many doctors there!!!! And seriously, tell them to print their names NEATLY below their signatures and if they could include a NEATLY WRITTEN DEA# that would be a plus!!! heheheh

(F) amal (F)

I'm such a dork... (it helps to leave my ID for yahoo if i want you to msg me there..) my yahoo is lyric_hope@yahoo.com but do not email me there lol.. I won't get it.. that's only for messenger

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I don't want to start drama like on the other thread about K1's and CR1's. But to ansewr your question the delay is the K1's an K3's. There is alot of them and they are taking up all the interview slots. So the Cr-1's keep getting pushed back further and further.

I've been watching people on VJ ... the people who's case was complete around September are starting to get interviews for April or May. So Ali & I are really hoping and praying that we will follow in their footsteps and have an interview soon.

:P Thanks for calming me down. Trust me the wait does crazy things to you. You read one piece of information and freak out. I didn't even tell Ali about your post cuz I'm sure he woulda got mad too. I don't know whatever happens to us is and always will be God's will.

Yallah NVC schedule the interview for us .... seriously we will be your biggest fans if you do ! We just want to be together in each others arms. Is that too much to ask ? :(

Something else has to be going on. The wait for an interview in lebanon is not that long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.