cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Amal, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't really. That just sucks. I'm sending you lots of hugs... Hang in there!

(L) Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

rajul = man

rajli = my man

mara = woman

mrati/marati = my woman

Amal.... there's nothing wrong with your feelings about this situation.... I would feel upset too. Hope you can express this to your husband and insha'allah he can understand.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey Amal,

Hang in there girl, I'm sure he didn't take this trip to hurt your feelings. He probebly just wants to get out there and explore being in a new country with so many things to see. I would'nt say its completly selfish although it could be percieved that way. If he is a good husband over all then I would overlook this, otherwise it could create a big problem between you. I totally understand how you feel because my ex-husband used to do this kind of stuff to me and I would go through the same feelings you are having now. With my fiance now, I know I would be completely okay with him going away for a week because I'm 100% sure of how much he loves me and I'm sure Noor loves you too.

Everybody deals with stress differently, he also made a big adjustment by moving away from the only life he knew. Thats what I always try to remind myself when I get upset with my fiance. Although I am making HUGE sacrifices for him, he also make big sacrifices for me as well which I often overlook. My fiance is also Jordanian and I know that in our culture its quite common for a man to do whatever he wants without asking his wife, he may need to adjust to the fact that in America decisions are usually made by a husband and wife and not just one person.

I often lose my patience and temper :blush: with my fiance and he is completly the opposite of that, he is extremly patient with me. He always tells me in arabic to be patient when he can see that i'm getting annoyed. So the best advice I could give you about this and your marriage is to be patient. The first couple of years are a roller coaster and adding in a spouse that immigrated from another country doesn't make it any easier. :yes:(F)

Jordanian Princess (L)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amal,

Your feelings are completely normal. If Khallid tries to do that after he's been here a few months he will have a cute little shoe up his backside! :whistle:

This has been one CRAZY weekend! Three...yes 3 tornados hit me here in less than 24 hours. The last one yesterday, I went to my parents because they have a basement and I don't. The weather reporters were telling everyone that it was going to be worse than the one that hit us Saturday. So since I'm at there house I was not able to put my car in a garage. Seems someones trampoline from somewhere in the neighborhood and my car got in a fight during the tornado. My car in completely trashed! No windows, beat up and it literally had 3-4 inches of golf ball and larger size hail in it!!! EVERYONE has the siding torn off their houses too. Insurance companies will be busy here for a while! I will find out in a couple days if I get a new car or not. :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amy! how bizarre about your car, I'm so sorry and do pray that you will get a new car. I know w/ Katrina having hit here, most ppl I know got taken care of pretty well w/ insurance (if you have *good* insurance). I wish you much luck w/ that.

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

we had a nice discussion on the phone and I explained a lot of things and hopefully he understood them as I need him to. Everything is fine between us its just that I was feeling a bit slided by the whole thing. I'm better now (for the most part) .

I really appreciate all of your help in this matter.. you all are the best!!!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
we had a nice discussion on the phone and I explained a lot of things and hopefully he understood them as I need him to. Everything is fine between us its just that I was feeling a bit slided by the whole thing. I'm better now (for the most part) .

(F) amal (F)

Hi Amal,

I am glad you are feeling better about the situation. It's a whole different story once they get here. Kind of /almost makes waiting all that time for an interview date seem like a piece of cake. :whistle:

Keep posting and updating it's always nice to hear from you!! Oh yeah Kelly/Dollface's interview is coming up pretty quick!!! Cheering her on :dance::dance::dance:

Farah glad you posted ur experiences on adjusting here we never hear a woman's experience. :)

Amy sorry about your car hopefully you get a new one!! I have a crawl space under my house but no basement. That's one thing i hate are tornadoes especially living in the midwest during summer! I cant wait for Anmar to experience severe weather :devil: since all it does is just rain in jordan during the winter and sometimes very rarely snows.

Angel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey everyone. My husband left a few hours ago to take a week vacation from my town. I'm really sad about that. After all the hard and tireless work I did to get him here...he's been here 3 months and already going away for a week. :crying: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he has such a good friend to take him accross the country whenever they decide to go.. but I don't think it's fair, ya know?? It's not even for a job..it is just for fun. Just to get away. I want to get away too but I can't!! I have a son and a home and work to tend to! I'm not mad at him.. just upset with the situation. Maybe I'm just jealous?? Jealous that I can't do those things.... But then.. he is part of this family too and shouldn't he be here working and supporting the family too?? I can't sleep when he's gone.. I don't feel safe in my house... Things just aren't right....Sorry to rant and whine but I'm just really having a hard time with this. :crying:

(F) amal (F)

amal... when i read your post... i just had tears in my eyes!!! it reminded me of my ex... he was from Iraq, and it was just so easy for him to pick up and go at a moment's notice... when I had all of the responsiblity, house, work, etc... it doesn't mean that he doesn't love you... or that he doesn't care...

anyways, i am wishing you the best... *hugs*... be honest with him... tell him how you feel... that you want him to have that freedom and to have friends... but, that his support means a lot to you, even when/if he isn't working himself...

maybe i am just rambling... but still, i send you my best regards... and i'll be praying for ya!

*hugs*

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

(F) amal (F)

Amal, I'm glad things are feeling better. It's SO important to communicate how we feel, especially with our men because they're from a different culture and have such a different set of expectations than we do.

Amy, sorry about your car! Thank goodness you weren't *in* it!!!! I can't imagine living somewhere that there are tornadoes, it seems so Wizard of Oz.

Angel, you are so right about how after they get here it's a whole different story. It was really hard to wait to get Majid here, but honestly that was the easy part in many ways. It's wonderful to be together, but it definitely has its own challenges.

Take care,

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just popped in to check up on how everyone is doing today.

Amal glad to hear your talked to your husband and are feeling some better. (F)

Amy what a nightmare with the weather and your car and house. Take care and hope all goes well with the insurance company this week.

Keep the stories coming about living adjustments. I think it benefits all of us in the long run.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amy, I live in the Midwest and I know exactly what you are talking about with the tornados and storms. Springfield, Illinois has had it hard today also. I have relatives down there. My brother was living there but has passed away a few years ago and I spend my younger years there, so I know how scarey this is. Hope all goes well and good luck with the insurance companies.

Amal, glad to hear your husband might understand.

Hi Angel, come chat with me occasionally.

Big adjustment, from one country to another for both our husbands and ourselves.

Im watching the time bottle. 6th week and still no interview date.

Kelly, time is going and soon your husband will be in his interview. I bet you feel over-joyed u finally got to this moment.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Kelly, time is going and soon your husband will be in his interview. I bet you feel over-joyed u finally got to this moment.

sure do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tonight is coming to an end which means we have a week to go!!!!!!!! I cant believe it...were soo busy trying to get the small things done...but its helping the time pass oh so quick!!! ALL the family will be back again thursday, so it should be real nice.....

on another note....we had to give our beautiful Cat Sara away the other night (another part of leaving this house was leaving her) and i was crying so bad...as was sofyan...we gave her to a nice family...but it was like she knew what was going on as we were taking her to the mans car to leave...it was honestly one of the hardest things to do...she looked so upset....gosh we loved her so much...but i guess it was for the best...ill never get another pet in fear of becoming attached like that!!!!

well.......cheer US on.............7 DAYS 7 DAYS!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good to see some of the same people that were here before.And yup i am still waiting like the rest.The thing that has me upset it that our papers are at the embassy now and it's been a month and no dam packet yet.I keep getting e-mails from them saying they sent it and the days they did.I am thinking this is all bull.Thank god i will be going back to jordan on the 29th can't stand to be away from him any longer.as each week passes it feels so does my strength as i know it's the same for many.Ashraf and i try to keep eachother going but dam this is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life oh well besides give birth with not drugs lol now nothing beats that lol.Well just wantewd to say yup still here like the rest.I hope all are well

Filed: Timeline

Wow, so many people I want to respond to. If I forget you it isn't deliberate, just too many to remember.

Farah, I tried this weekend to remember a time in my life when I might have been able to relate to your situation. I actually found one! When I was 18 I married my sons' father and became pregnant immediately. I was a long way from home, away at college, and went from being a full-time student living in the dorm to being a pregnant housewife with no car. Like you, I didn't dare go out much on my own (we lived across the street from the boys dorm at the university!) Although I was never really in love with my ex, he was my very best friend, so we were pretty happy. I was also expecting my son, so I had him inside of me to share my life with. However, with no car, and almost no money, I really had nothing to do. We didn't have even a TV and there was no money to buy craft supplies. All my friends were too busy with school to have time for me, so I was alone whenever my husband was at work. To make it worse, he worked the night shift so I was home all alone at night. I tried to stay awake so I could sleep when he did, but that was so scary. Every little sound made me go nuts. Do you know what I did a lot of? Crying. Sure I was happy, but that was a huge adjustment to have to make.

The point of what I'm saying here is, it's ok for you to feel lonely and to cry and be sad. Whenever we go through a huge adjustment in life, that is normal. It doesn't mean you don't love your husband or that you aren't a good wife. It is normal. Please come talk to us whenever you can and we will be here for you. As you go through this time, remember, "this too shall pass." Ironically, now I am having a hard time, after years of being single, adjusting to sharing my time with someone else. After about 4 months Abdel and I have finally started to fall into a routine that works for both of us, but it has taken tons of compromising on both our parts.

Amal, Abdel and I were talking about your situation again last night and he asked if you guys got to go away when he got here. I told him I didn't think so, but wasn't sure. He said that if you didn't, then he could understand your husband wanting to get away to see some of the country. We didn't get to go far for our honeymoon, but I guess it was enough to satisfy some of the curiosity Abdel had about his new country. He seems to think that your husband's vacation may be prompted at least in part by that curiosity, as well of course, as the desire to be with a friend he can be himself with.

Amy, Wow, what a time you're having. I sure hope that turns into a new car for you. By the way, I noticed your new pictures this weekend. Very nice.

Kelly, You couldn't bring the cat? I saw threads on here about what was needed to do that. I know it must be expensive though. You reminded me of when my father died and when his sister and her husband were flying home from the funeral. We were in Ohio, they were going back to Texas. We gave my uncle a hamster and he took it back with him on the plane in his shirt pocket. Of course that was in 1981 so the security wasn't near what it is now at the airport. My aunt told us it was quite a trip because of course the hamster didn't want to be still for that long. Too bad the cat is too big to fit in a pocket. They do make softside carriers though that can be carried on the plane.

Windancer, welcome back. We're waiting for AOS now so we'll be around for a while. This place can be addictive though, since this group is so understanding and supportive.

Edited by honeyblonde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow ladies, I know where you are coming from. But also you should try to understand where these men are coming from. I have been in the US for 99% of my life and still am drawn to extended family in that "Arabic way" (I think both men and women have this and it is just not from ME cultures). The way my mom explained this phenomenon to me: I think you should be happy that they are visiting and are family oriented and you should be supportive of that. If they ignore their family or forget about them so easily, then what would you expect when it comes to you. In other words if you expect them to ignore their families who have been there for them their whole lives, then what's to say they won't find it easy to do the same to you. Just food for thought and a different point of view. And honestly no ill will intended. so please don't take it that way I think you need to give them their space. maybe they just need a break...yes even us mama's boys. Maybe they need to ask questions to those who are immigrants and want to learn from those people how survive or make it here. I know you've worked so hard and so long to get them here and want to spend every second with them, but they also have other family as well that they feel obligated to or need. I just think you need to be supportive of that and not add to their dilema. Don't make them choose between you or their family. That is a receipe for disaster.

Anyways, from reading all your posts over the past year, I only have one thing to say: I wish W could dream to be 1/2 the woman each of you are. You all are wonderful women and I respect and admire each and every one of you. I sincerely wish you all the best of life with your husbands/fiances and a life filled with happiness and days of growing old with one another.

As for me, here goes: The sun is begining to set and the shadows are getting longer on the ground. It's almost dark outside and the cold of night is slowly creeping in. The train is pulling into the final station on this line where I will get off......alone. It left the previous station with W on the platform. I hope that tomorrow I will rise to find a gorgeous sunrise with a new love that accepts all the challanges life throws in the way...where outside factors can't interfere and where the future is that of a fairy tale.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.