cbd2cai

Yallah Middle East 2.0

1,873 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well it's the end of week five now that the embassy has my husbands file. STill no call for an interview or asking for us to bring more information. I have received emails from them, and they state they haven't even looked at the file. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Good luck Kelly, still thinking of you and your interview date. R u interviewing with him?

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Update :

I just called my senators office and they said they recieved my letter today and just inputed it into the computer. They said they will reply to me in a couple of weeks by snail mail. It was real easy to get ahold of the person by phone though .. so I guess that's a good thing.

Hope you hear some good news soon! :thumbs:

Kelly....if you're not too busy, maybe we can meet up in Chicago when Khallid flies in. Whatcha think? ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My ex husband's first job was as a Wal-mart cashier. I would have never thought of it, but one day he said he wanted to work there, he had seen the computer applicatiion center and off he went. I wasn't sure they would hire him since he had never worked, but he got a job with his temporary EAD and they allowed him to continue working after it expired because he showed he had applied for AOS. He said his manager said as long as they had that in the file it would be okay. I was scared, but went along because he wanted to work.

As far as mothering, I did a lot of that. As a woman in love how can you not worry about your man when he doesn't know his way around or anything about this country?

Meetups are great...Chicago is such a nice place....for anyone who is not from there...Im down for anything...

Andrea....I know the waitin sucks girl....but i hope its over soon for you...and No i wont be interviewing with Sofyan, its strictly him, although I will be sitting right behind him saying a prayer...lol...Inshallah things go smoothly and everything is ok...we are planning to reserve tickets for saturday the 25th...that would give us 5 days to have his visa in hand...not to mention, we could always cancel the tickets...so either way...the sooner the flight the better...my twin sissy will be home for spring break and i havent seen here in about 14 months as she wasnt home when i left for here...it will be such a nice reunion...i really cant believe its almost here...were down to 10 days (tomorrow) ...as im getting ready to call it a night....all the family here is tiring, as there are 7 young kids screaming around all night....im pooped out!

well ladies and gents, as always, thanks for the continued support, and the countdown is ticking....were almost in single digits!!!!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
My ex husband's first job was as a Wal-mart cashier. I would have never thought of it, but one day he said he wanted to work there, he had seen the computer applicatiion center and off he went. I wasn't sure they would hire him since he had never worked, but he got a job with his temporary EAD and they allowed him to continue working after it expired because he showed he had applied for AOS. He said his manager said as long as they had that in the file it would be okay. I was scared, but went along because he wanted to work.

As far as mothering, I did a lot of that. As a woman in love how can you not worry about your man when he doesn't know his way around or anything about this country?

Well my Albi is at his ESL class tonight, so I thought I'll come see how everyone is doing.

Portsaid sometimes I forgot my husband is from another country and just expect him to know things. I know my bad :bonk: , but I work a full time job and leave him at home from 5:30am to 4:30pm. Today on his own he went to the local video store and applied for a job. He's tired of staying at home and to be honest I wish I just could keep inside safe :) He doesn't want to sit around anymore. The girls from work offered to be his references since they known him ( by talking to on the phone for a few years) so that was really nice of them. Well it's nice to see you post your experiences, I am sure we can all learn something from it.

On another note...Has anyone seen Farah?? I wonder if she finally received her SS card. Farah how are you and how do you like ur life in the USA??

Andrea I'm sure you'll hear something soon from Amman about a interview date..you said it was 5 weeks? well maybe a few more weeks. hopefully quicker.

Ok I have to go watch my shows on the Sci Fi Channel.

Everyone have a nice weekend!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok I have to go watch my shows on the Sci Fi Channel.

:crying: I miss my Daniel and Shep :crying: Stupid cable is too expensive *grump grump grump*

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow! The legal department of the grocery store my husband worked in on his Temporary EAD said "No way! Even with the AOS notice they were not doing it. " Doesn't surprise me though. Hasn't Walmart been in trouble lately with the government for illegally employing people?

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

Farah posted recently in another thread on here so she's still around.

Abdel is finally up and about again, although still weak, after his bout with the flu. He couldn't believe how strong it was. When I had it he kept telling me I needed to get up and get outside a little each day, then when he got it he spent 3 days in bed with a fever and realized how bad it was.

Angel....glad to see ya here...I imagine your soo busy with everything? How is Anmar holding up>? Good luck to him finding a temporary job....at least it will occupy some of his time right???

Dawn.....Where are you? I imagine you are oh so busy as well....I know you must feel bombarded but I assure u things will cool down with time....I hope Hattem is adjusting well, and you are also....going from living alone to sharing your space has to be a big transition.....Im sure you will get thru it though.....Post when ya can girl...we miss ya!

10 days to go for us!!!!!!!!! sure cant wait.....I get to pick up my residency card tomorrow...(i was misinformed to getting citizenship) everything took us 4 days and about 100jd to get that damn card....it was such a hassle...not to mention i had to get ANOTHER HIV test as mine expired a month ago....what fun gettting jammed by a male nurse who was smoking (yet again) as he took my blood....he left me a real pretty purple bruise too! oh well right? things are coming to an end, and im sooo relieved...although goin home is gonna be stress stress and more stress, I have a million and one things to do....I am going home with no drivers license (mine expired) and no insurance on my car.......

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Angel. It's funny you ask what I was thinking. Abdel's sister is a nurse, so he was actually quite a good nurse himself while I was sick, but I did get a little bit too much pleasure out of dragging his butt around the grocery store the other night after him making me get up and walk with the flu. He thought he was ready to get up and get out, so he begged me to wait to go to the store until after I came home and picked him up (this is probably the most annoying thing to me about being married - no more stopping by the store on the way home). As soon as he got out of the car at the store, he said, "I feel dead!"

Kelly, it sounds like you have a lot to do once you get home. You'll be going all those places anyway to get your husband set up here, so maybe it won't be too bad to have to go for yourself too. That's awesome you have dual citizenship now. Not many people can say that!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Kelly, it sounds like you have a lot to do once you get home. You'll be going all those places anyway to get your husband set up here, so maybe it won't be too bad to have to go for yourself too. That's awesome you have dual citizenship now. Not many people can say that!

Woo Hoo Kelly getting down to less than two weeks now. I am so excited for you both since it has been long time coming. Take care and start making all your plans and arrangements for your trip home.

Liz sorry to hear that Abdel got the nasty flu bug. Hope both of you are over it and back on track soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

HI Kelly. Well, guess you have a lot of work to do when you get back. But at least you will be back with your husband starting your life here in America. Ten days left. Whew! I'm sure you are remembering the days you were waiting to hear from them for a date! Now it's countdown! :dance::dance::dance:

Angel, glad to hear from you. I know you're busy with all.

Honeyblonde, yeah, i bet your husbands flu was bad, although they get some good ones there, here I think we have more coz so many people come into this country. Speedy recover to him!

Dawn, hope all is well with your husband.

Everyone else, hi, how's the waiting process, or how's the life with husband next to you now full-time?

All, have a great weekend!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi girls

sorry if i don t post much .

Angelk , Mary thanks again for your messages .it s so nice of you to keep in touch :thumbs:

well, here is my news;

after i waited more then 3 weeks for the SSC my husband took a day off from work and we went to the SS office on the 24 th feb ,they asked for my birth certificate the women there said that it will take 6 weeks to get it translated from arabic,i tried to gave her the translation that i used to apply for my visa but she said they use only the SS translators. :crying: so the ssc will take at least 7 weeks to arrive.

i m still studing the florida driver s manual ,and i found in there website that in florida the new drivers needs to take a 4 h drug and alcohol classes .so i m doing it online .the package cost 55$ it includes the 4 h coursse and "Rules of the Road" and "Road Signs" practice tests,my husband teach me to drive in the week ends ,we go to this big parking land of an office deppo and i drive only when there is no guard there ,because as you know without a learners permit i can t drive somewhere else.

about the job,i need to passe the foreign pharmacy test first then work as an intern for 1 year then pass the Naplex test to get the license so i can work as a pharmasist wich will take a long time ,so i think i will start looking for a job as a pharm technician other wise i don t know what i can work i don t have any work experiance or other diploma.

i m still hesitated about starting work because i think my english is not good enough ,so i registered to this class to improve my grammar and pronouciation the class cost 65 $ for 8 weeks ,the class will start on march 22nd,they also have free ESL classes there.

about my adjustment,it s going good but i miss having freinds,i m a people person and like to be around people.

well, sorry to take your time for reading my message :blush:

kelly,i m counting down for your interview :dance:

take care

and good luck to you all.

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Farah,

It's so nice to hear from you.... sorry SS is taking so long and I'm sure you must get lonesome by yourself while the hubby is working, but inch'allah, soon that will change and you will be able to get out and about on your own. I wish you luck in your driving tests and your english classes. Take care and do keep us posted! No need to apologize :no: it's really great to hear from you :yes:

Best of luck to you in all of your adjustments! Alhamdulillah, I won't have to teach Said to drive and he already knows his way around here fairly well!!! One small hurdle we will not have to jump! :thumbs:

Noura :luv:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.