hitchoo

US embassy in egypt, and packet 3

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i think i said keep coming here folks, i may offer hot tea or pepsi if this helps

:lol: hot tea and pepsi :) Yup, your Egyptian.... :lol:

People are not going to post here if they don't have anything new to add... any new questions just make a new topic ;)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Walaikum Asalaam.

I have a pending K-1 Visa at the US Embassy in Cairo. The Visa process is a nightmare, so I understand your frustration. I have sent numerous e-mails to no avail (they tend not to respond or just respond that "case is still processing"). As for phone calls, it definitely helps to speak to a live person. I have been able to talk with Cairo about the status of my case, however my case (after 7 months) is still pending. Recently, I sent out letters to the Consul General and the Ambassador at the US Embassy in Cairo.(I hope to get a response). If they do not respond, then I will contact my Congressman to seek assistance with my case.

I will give you a few phone numbers that I have used:

Operator (they can transfer you to a live person in the Consular section)- 202-2797-3300

Inger Tangborn (Consular Affairs Officer)-202-2797-2098

Inger's secretary-202-797-2306

Richard Hermann (Consul General)-202-2797-2256

Stuart Jones (Deputy Chief of Mission)-202-2797-2307

Francis Ricciardone (Ambassador)-2797-2302

Consular's Section (main line)- 202-2797-2200 (get recordings and put on hold, only open to check status on Sun- Thurs. 1pm-4pm; during Ramadan closes at 3pm).

Consular's Section Secretary- 202-2797-2504 or 202-2795-7373

Just keep trying because persistance pays off. May Allah SWT bless you and your wife. Salaam.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Robine E you are awesome thank you very much wonder howcome your case is still pending , you filed the petition to the usa embassy in cairo or NVC center sent to the embassy.

these phone number will be surely helpful wonder which one i should deal to ask if they have received anything for me from the NVC or not

thank you too much again

salam alekom may allah bless you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Robine E you are awesome thank you very much wonder howcome your case is still pending , you filed the petition to the usa embassy in cairo or NVC center sent to the embassy.

these phone number will be surely helpful wonder which one i should deal to ask if they have received anything for me from the NVC or not

thank you too much again

salam alekom may allah bless you

Thank you so much for the numbers, I'm sure we are all thankful for the info :)

Inshalla your case will be finished soon

Edited by polarbear

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.