lennon

HELP!!! Embassy semi denied the visa......

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline

They said that they were not convinced that the relationship was genuine. We had some trouble in the middle, I almost cancelled the petition but now we're cool. What kind of stuff do they want ?? They had pictures, phone stuff, email, letter, all the paperwork etc. I'm 15 years older than he is, might be one thing. We also don't talk constantly because of his work schedule, my work schedule, and the time difference. Maybe I'm just not that needy, but then again I thought he was going to be here soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

You need to give more details to get better responses.

What do you mean by "semi denied " ?

Has the petition been returned or were you asked to submit further proof of a bona fide relationship ?

How long was the ' time out " and was this addressed in the interview ? Did the CO ask about it ?

Timeline
You need to give more details to get better responses.

What do you mean by "semi denied " ?

Has the petition been returned or were you asked to submit further proof of a bona fide relationship ?

How long was the ' time out " and was this addressed in the interview ? Did the CO ask about it ?

I'm not sure what they asked about. They said we have a week to submit more stuff. Actually we never completely stopped communicating for more than a month it was just not everyday like it had been. Then I got a new job and he did also so we communicated only a couple of times a week. I was approved last October and the first interview date was Dec. 06. I don't really know what more they want. At this time I'm not sure how to contact my fiance because he's somewhere the phone doesn't work and I only got an email saying they needed something else and we have a week to do it.

What did the embassy tell you, did they give you a paper or anything?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
What did the embassy tell you, did they give you a paper or anything?

I wasn't at the interview, I live in Alaska and my fiance lives in Bolivia. He said that they needed more proof of the relationship. I sent tons of ####### because my feeling is that better to have too much than not enough, I'm not sure what he took. He's been travelling for a week to get all the remaining papers and getting to the embassy. He did not receive the first notice, so he didn't get the info packet until last week but the interview was already scheduled for today. Since I'm not able to get a hold of him today, I'm waiting for him to email me to let me know what exactly they said. He was disappointed after being there the whole day to not get the visa.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Do you have a detailed record of the phone calls showing the date and numbers called ?

Did they actually look at all the relationship evidence ?

It is important to get a feel for the questions asked and answers he may or may not have known.

What about a notarized letter of family and friends attesting of your relationship ?

If you have more photos submit them. Give them all you have.

You have to act quickly.

Timeline
Do you have a detailed record of the phone calls showing the date and numbers called ?

It is important to get a feel for the questions asked and answers he may or may not have known.

What about a notarized letter of family and friends attesting of your relationship ?

You have to act quickly.

I gave them almost all I have, phone calls, emails, receipts. I'm going to get a couple of letters together to send out. Got to see what fotos I have. I met him on a mission trip so the relationship part of it was kind of under cover but we were together working everday. I'm trying to get him to tell me what they said but I haven't heard back from him yet. The only thing I think I can get is letters.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You have to act quickly.

I gave them almost all I have, phone calls, emails, receipts. I'm going to get a couple of letters together to send out. Got to see what fotos I have. I met him on a mission trip so the relationship part of it was kind of under cover but we were together working everday. I'm trying to get him to tell me what they said but I haven't heard back from him yet. The only thing I think I can get is letters.

Trying to help you is a shot in the dark without knowing exactly what the Consulate asked for.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

They said that they were not convinced that the relationship was genuine..

when you tlak to him..go over the interview and questions..maybe, there were areas of your life he had no answer for and this was a red flag...

They said that they were not convinced that the relationship was genuine..

when you tlak to him..go over the interview and questions..maybe, there were areas of your life he had no answer for and this was a red flag...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You have to talk to him. There's no fool proof method. You have to find out what happened and what they said and what he carried with him. This part of the process is really his responsibility to coordinate things and make things come to the final approval. He's got to pick up responsibility and work with you to get what he needs.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
You have to talk to him. There's no fool proof method. You have to find out what happened and what they said and what he carried with him. This part of the process is really his responsibility to coordinate things and make things come to the final approval. He's got to pick up responsibility and work with you to get what he needs.

That's what I'm thinking. I think I sent sufficient documentation to prove it was ongoing. I don't know what he had, but he had over 200 pages from me, I had to count for DHL. I'm not going to sweat it, the fact is I sent him everything I had. And I'm not sure what they said.

Timeline

That's what I'm thinking. I think I sent sufficient documentation to prove it was ongoing. I don't know what he had, but he had over 200 pages from me, I had to count for DHL. I'm not going to sweat it, the fact is I sent him everything I had. And I'm not sure what they said.

The disbelief could well be based on his answers to interview questions. You need a detailed report of the interview experience. I'd also focus on your time-out in the middle of the process. How many times did you visit in person? When was the last time you visited?

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The disbelief could well be based on his answers to interview questions. You need a detailed report of the interview experience. I'd also focus on your time-out in the middle of the process. How many times did you visit in person? When was the last time you visited?

We met while I was on a mission trip in 3/2006. I filed the petition in 7/2006. He went on another mission to Chile in 9/2006 and communication lessened as well as some other issues, my own and his own, it's challenging to maintain a relationship much less from far away as I'm sure everyone knows, I didn't hear from him for about 3 weeks but had contact with his father who said he wanted to continue but was broke and stuck in Chile, and we resumed regular contact in 3/2007. So, it was not a break per se from the petition, more that I didn't know what we were doing at all, I had asked how to withdraw if I wanted to, might be part of the problem. We were supposed to meet again in Aug in Peru, another mission trip, but there was a big earthquake there, airport was closed for a few days and he was having trouble with work allowing him time off, so unforeseeable events, we didn't meet in Peru and resumed the process. Now we're at where we're at now.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't think not talking for a while is the issue. There is a girl I know on this site who didn't talked to her fiance just a few times a month and got approved.

Did you meet in person more then that one time?

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

We met while I was on a mission trip in 3/2006. I filed the petition in 7/2006. He went on another mission to Chile in 9/2006 and communication lessened as well as some other issues, my own and his own, it's challenging to maintain a relationship much less from far away as I'm sure everyone knows, I didn't hear from him for about 3 weeks but had contact with his father who said he wanted to continue but was broke and stuck in Chile, and we resumed regular contact in 3/2007. So, it was not a break per se from the petition, more that I didn't know what we were doing at all, I had asked how to withdraw if I wanted to, might be part of the problem. We were supposed to meet again in Aug in Peru, another mission trip, but there was a big earthquake there, airport was closed for a few days and he was having trouble with work allowing him time off, so unforeseeable events, we didn't meet in Peru and resumed the process. Now we're at where we're at now.

I don't recall but if you haven't already, I would express him a notarized letter from you to the Consulate reaffirming your intention to marry. You might want to include a brief description of the evolution of your relationship. I suspect the major issue is your call to ask about how to withdraw the petition.

I must say, at the moment both of you appear to be taking this all a bit to casually to give the impression of a bona fide relationship.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.