Mary&Trev

Ford & the "You're Car

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dang, sorry about the title, hit enter and not shift....should have read: Ford and the "Your Car Can Enter the US" letter. Sigh, been that kind of day.

Ok, so Trev calls Ford who directs him to go to a dealer for his letter about the truck being ok to be in the states. Off to the dealer he goes, where he is informed that he will be charged $100 for said letter. :angry: #######??!! Then the guy says that his insurace company should be able to do something for him.

Well, I've provided him all the links he needs, but really - can they charge him THAT MUCH MONEY for a friggin letter? :crying:

Peace ~

Mary

Edited by Mary&Trev

11/7/07 INTERVIEW 8:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!!!!

11/13/07 Visa Received ~*happy dance*~

12/28/2007 Trev's moving HOME !!!!!!!

Mary loses her job and doesn't want to lie to her gov't so we wait as long as we can and then..................

4/6/2008 Trev returns to Canada

8/30/2008 Trev is denied entry at the border

............to be continued once we file again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that sucks. We have a Ford too, I hope we aren't going to have to pay $100 !

Actually we got a recall letter from them yesterday to go in and have the cruise control disconnected until they supply the dealers with a replacement part.

Apparently the cruise control unit has some problem where it can start on fire - even when you aren't using in - in fact even when the car isn't running. They recommend parking it away from property haha! Maybe we will ask for the letter when we take it in to be fixed, hopefully they will be too ashamed to ask us for the $100!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dang, sorry about the title, hit enter and not shift....should have read: Ford and the "Your Car Can Enter the US" letter. Sigh, been that kind of day.

Ok, so Trev calls Ford who directs him to go to a dealer for his letter about the truck being ok to be in the states. Off to the dealer he goes, where he is informed that he will be charged $100 for said letter. :angry: #######??!! Then the guy says that his insurace company should be able to do something for him.

Well, I've provided him all the links he needs, but really - can they charge him THAT MUCH MONEY for a friggin letter? :crying:

Peace ~

Mary

GO to the dealer for the letter?? that doesn't sound right.. hmmmmm i know i imported a Dodge a few years back and called the 1-800 number and they faxed it to me.. i didn't have to go to the dealer to get the letter.. sounds fishy.. like a cash grab.. and it didn't cost me a penny.. hmmmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

check under the hood and see if it shows that is passes USA emissions (sp?) and that was all the customs inspector looked at. He told me I didn't need a letter as long as there is a sticker inside.

I have a Dodge Caravan and I had nothing but problems trying to get a letter....I gave up and crossed my fingers when I crossed the border that I would not have a problem. I didn't and I also asked the officer what I needed...that is when he came out and looked at my van. He also told me that I did not need to "import" my van for 1 year. I'm still driving on Sask plates, but then I still have Sask drivers license too.

Maybe contact the POE you are crossing at and ask them before you pay $100....it might be worth checking into.

jmo

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone.........I'll try everything suggested!!!

Mary

11/7/07 INTERVIEW 8:30 a.m. APPROVED!!!!!!

11/13/07 Visa Received ~*happy dance*~

12/28/2007 Trev's moving HOME !!!!!!!

Mary loses her job and doesn't want to lie to her gov't so we wait as long as we can and then..................

4/6/2008 Trev returns to Canada

8/30/2008 Trev is denied entry at the border

............to be continued once we file again.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily :wacko:

Don't you mean First on Race Day. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Found On Road Dead

:lol: What race is that......to the junk yard :thumbs:

Actually I have owned a couple of Fords. The 1958 Fairlane was junk but the 2003 Mustang was great

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

GMC charges too for the letter. I went and got one but when I went to import my truck the US officers said I should not have bothered. Technically, it is required for importation but you may luck out and get an officer that has the common sense to know that a GMC, Ford etc meet the safetly and emmission standards. They only need to look at it but I told them since I paid $80 they better at least take a copy of it to make me feel better.

Bringing my vehicle to the US, getting it registered, paying state sales tax, getting driver's abstract, record of claims info cost me almost as much as the immigration fees. Be prepared for it to be just he start of the cash you are going to have to shell out once you are in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Found On Road Dead

Don't you mean For Old Retarded Drivers :lol:

(thats what we used to say in school, any way!)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Found On Road Dead

:o

I have to agree with IR5formumsie on this one! :o

Oh and I called Ford yesterday and they told me the same thing. She said to call the dealer - I asked if there was a fee and she told me that it is up to the individual dealer as to whether or not they will charge a fee - none-the-less we also have to get a "recall clearance letter" - which we of course can't get until we get that addressed or the car burns to the ground - whatever happens first. :hehe:

Found On Road Dead

Thats a new one for me :lol:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.