babyandherboy

Hotels close to US Embassy and St. Lukes

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hope this might help anyone looking for the most convenient hotel to St. Lukes and the Embassy . . .

St. Lukes

I have seen several posts about a hotel "right across from St. Lukes" but I never knew the name definitively. Since my baby will be going soon, I wanted to find out so we took a trip there . . . the name is the Garden Heights in Quezon City - here is the website http://www.asiarooms.com/philippines/manil...en_heights.html

We thought it looked nice from the outside - and given its location my baby said she doesn't mind if its not perfect inside, she just wants a zero hassle experience! It's about 100 yards West of St. Lukes on Rodriguez and has several fast food and internet cafe's right in front.

U.S. Embassy

For the embassy, several people spoke about the Bayview and we stayed there - our room could have used paint, but overall nice (for $50) . . . it's so close to the embassy we could even see the long lines from our room (the guy in the lobby said the lineup begins 4:00AM).

One thing is that it's the "Bayview Park" hotel - there are several Bayviews in Manila . . . make sure you tell taxi drivers its on Roxas and U.N. (or right across from the U.S. embassy)

Here is the website http://www.asiarooms.com/philippines/manil...hotel-room.html

July 3, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to CSC

July 13, 2007 - Received NOA1

November 15, 2007 - Received NOA2

January 10, 2008 - Received NOA4

February 13, 2008 - CFO in Cebu

February 18, 2008 - Early Medical

March 3, 2008 - Interview!!!

March 14, 2008 - Baby and the Boy together in Los Angeles!!

I have done my medical at St.Lukes already last sept 27-28.. It is not in quezon by the way .. It is in Ermita.. There are lots of hotel there and just near the clinic. St. LUke in Quezon is the hospital. My interview will be on oct 4 and we will stay at Bayview for convenience.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

St. Lukes

I have seen several posts about a hotel "right across from St. Lukes" but I never knew the name definitively. Since my baby will be going soon, I wanted to find out so we took a trip there . . . the name is the Garden Heights in Quezon City - here is the website http://www.asiarooms.com/philippines/manil...en_heights.html

We thought it looked nice from the outside - and given its location my baby said she doesn't mind if its not perfect inside, she just wants a zero hassle experience! It's about 100 yards West of St. Lukes on Rodriguez and has several fast food and internet cafe's right in front.

Looks like you got the wrong St.Lukes! The St.Lukes you take the medical isn't that far from USEM.

Would have been a major FU if she showed up there for her medical. LONG ways from SLEC!

My wife and anak stayed at the Lotus Garden for 2 days about a 5 minute walk from St. Lukes. P2900

Jollibee right across the street and Internet in the Hotel.

They stayed at Baywiew for one night for the interview. P3100

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Looks like you got the wrong St.Lukes! The St.Lukes you take the medical isn't that far from USEM.

Would have been a major FU if she showed up there for her medical. LONG ways from SLEC!

My wife and anak stayed at the Lotus Garden for 2 days about a 5 minute walk from St. Lukes. P2900

Jollibee right across the street and Internet in the Hotel.

They stayed at Baywiew for one night for the interview. P3100

Really!? . . . 2 St. Lukes Medical Centers? Then I am really glad I posted (and excuse the incorrect information) . . . I thought everyone was crazy posting that St. Lukes was walking distance from the Embassy! hahaha Does anyone know what street the correct one is on?

July 3, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to CSC

July 13, 2007 - Received NOA1

November 15, 2007 - Received NOA2

January 10, 2008 - Received NOA4

February 13, 2008 - CFO in Cebu

February 18, 2008 - Early Medical

March 3, 2008 - Interview!!!

March 14, 2008 - Baby and the Boy together in Los Angeles!!

St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLEC) 1177 J. Bacobo St., Ermita, Manila Tel Nos. +63 (02) 521 0020 / 521 8647 / 524 6083 Fax No. +63 (02) 526 0208 ...

She should get a map in her packet [if she gets one] showing locations of both USEM and SLEC.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

There is no name that u can see outside the building only the 1177 J. Bacobo Street in BIg letters u can see... We were lost when we get there just glad that it took only around 20 steps to find it lol... There are nice places there to stay depending on your preference...By the way, she doesn't have to come too early the staff are fast at the clinic.. a maximum of 4 hours for the first day. and 2 hours of waiting on the second day.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Claudeth and her Mom stayed at the Bayview by the embassy for a week so Claudeth could do the medical and interview. They seemed to think the place was nice.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.