kcmetzy

My patience is GONE.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here I go again..more "what ifs"

What if I went ahead and tried the K-3 route? We tried the CR1 route and its just not working. We are finished with the NVC but sorry I CANNOT wait 7 months-ish. I want to throw up thinking about it.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Apparently, since the July 30th fee increase, there is no fee for an I-129F. WOOHOO! It says to send it where you have a "pending" I130. I don't have a pending I-130 anymore its been approved and sent on to the NVC. I just have no clue where to send the form?!?! My I-130 was approved through the CSC. The only thing is, originally, I was supposed to go through TCS for the I-130 but they transferred it to CSC. Would it go to TX or CA?!

2) Once the I129F is approved and sent to the NVC, do I have to redo my affidavit of support and other forms that I already submitted for the CR1 route that has been accepted?

3) Let's just say all of that goes quickly (yeah right) and he gets an interview in Vancouver then moves to the U.S., can we still continue on the CR1 route, or will he be forced to adjust status in the U.S.? It would be nice to keep the CR1 option open and just fly up to MTL whenever he is scheduled an interview.

I know this is a waste of my thinking and time but I am so sick over this CR1 #######.

Timeline

What if I went ahead and tried the K-3 route? We tried the CR1 route and its just not working. We are finished with the NVC but sorry I CANNOT wait 7 months-ish. I want to throw up thinking about it.

1) Apparently, since the July 30th fee increase, there is no fee for an I-129F. WOOHOO! It says to send it where you have a "pending" I130. I don't have a pending I-130 anymore its been approved and sent on to the NVC. I just have no clue where to send the form?!?! My I-130 was approved through the CSC. The only thing is, originally, I was supposed to go through TCS for the I-130 but they transferred it to CSC. Would it go to TX or CA?!

2) Once the I129F is approved and sent to the NVC, do I have to redo my affidavit of support and other forms that I already submitted for the CR1 route that has been accepted?

3) Let's just say all of that goes quickly (yeah right) and he gets an interview in Vancouver then moves to the U.S., can we still continue on the CR1 route, or will he be forced to adjust status in the U.S.? It would be nice to keep the CR1 option open and just fly up to MTL whenever he is scheduled an interview.

I know this is a waste of my thinking and time but I am so sick over this CR1 #######.

Not sure about question number 1, but as for re-doing the affadavit of support, yes, you will have to fill out a different one, which is called an I-134. (Much easier than the I-864 version in my opinion.)

Yes, you can go ahead and get a K3 through Vancouver and not adjust status, then just fly up for the interview for the CR1 when that time finally comes:) I almost did the same, but I decided to just *try* to be patient and await the CR1 mess.

I'll post a link below so you can see what the I-134 looks like:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

I have been told on other forums that it's too late to do the K-3 route because the I-130 has to be pending. I bet if I put a copy of the approval notice in there it would be ok and maybe explain my reasoning for going backwards?! I don't think those who have responded realize the backlog in Montreal. Everyone thinks I'm crazy to want to go the K-3 route since I am so far along in the CR1 route. I am too tired to explain. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO dang frustrated right now. Why can't they use my I-130 as an I-129F in Vancouver?! Less work for them, less waiting for me..it's the same if not more information that has already been approved, same with the affidavit of support. I have GOT to quit asking "why" and just do it. I am not sure what DCF is? Is that an option for the I-129F? Misty I think we should both do the K-3 route..I need a compadre. hehe

Not sure about question number 1, but as for re-doing the affadavit of support, yes, you will have to fill out a different one, which is called an I-134. (Much easier than the I-864 version in my opinion.)

Yes, you can go ahead and get a K3 through Vancouver and not adjust status, then just fly up for the interview for the CR1 when that time finally comes:) I almost did the same, but I decided to just *try* to be patient and await the CR1 mess.

I'll post a link below so you can see what the I-134 looks like:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Timeline

If I find anything out djc, I will definitely let you know. You sound down too, I'm sorry. :(

If this process doesn't hurry up, the U.S. is going to lose a productive, tax-paying citizen to Canada.

I keep thinking the same thing.... file for a K3. If you find anything out, please let me know. I am just too tired to try anymore. It would be easier for me to move.

Timeline

It sucks....

I think I'm going to set a deadline. If he is not here by Christmas, I am moving there.

If I find anything out djc, I will definitely let you know. You sound down too, I'm sorry. :(

If this process doesn't hurry up, the U.S. is going to lose a productive, tax-paying citizen to Canada.

I keep thinking the same thing.... file for a K3. If you find anything out, please let me know. I am just too tired to try anymore. It would be easier for me to move.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sadly it's a system. The US Government doesn't care. We're all just numbers.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed for a K3 after my I 130 was approved.

We had to file an I 824 (application for action on an approved petition) for my I 130 to be sent to the NVC. This alone can take 6 months to be approved- that is why we decided to file for K3.

From start to finish, my K3 took 5 months. I interviewed in Vancouver.

Yes- you can still go ahead with the CR1 after you enter the US on a K3- you can finish that process and fly to Montreal for the Interview.

Edited by Stacey33

Timeline

Also- that I 824 we filed was approved about a month after I came back to the US on a K3. It ended up taking over 8 months to be approved.

I am happy I did the K3 route.

Timeline

I did some reading on the .gov website about the K3 and I didn't see any mention of having to file it before being approved (NOA2). I'll be interested to see what you find out - plus I don't think you are crazy if you want to get through this faster :)

Timeline

You can file the I-129F regardless of if your I-130 is approved or pending. The instructions do not specify that it needs to be pending. It just asks for proof that you filed a I-130 (which you did).

As far as duplicate documentation... you'd have to provide everything required at the interview since they don't have access to what you supplied to the NVC. So... your husband would have to bring in (at the interview) originals of his BC, marriage certificate, passport pics, medical, police certificate, etc. Note that as of earlier this year, Vancouver did not require a I-134 for K3 applicants. I think you'd have to ask Vancouver to forward a copy of his medical to Montreal for the CR-1 interview though since the original will be in the sealed envelope handed over at the POE.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.