LaPrincesa

Question 18 on I-129F

15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

How much detail do we want to get into for Question 18? Just dates or also relationship details? If we were friends first, do I say that or just keep it simple?

Thanks in advance!

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi Everyone!

How much detail do we want to get into for Question 18? Just dates or also relationship details? If we were friends first, do I say that or just keep it simple?

Thanks in advance!

In this process I really try to give as much information so that they don't have to ask for more. They may anyway, but I try to think about anything they might want to know so that it may be processed without delay. So, I say err on the side of excess. Stating that you knew each other for a longer period of time is definitely a positive and the development of the relationship will support your petition, not like you met three weeks ago and are ready to get married. You know what I mean?

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go for shorter and to the point. Any date you mention should be backed up with evidence that you provide. They do not want a harlequin romance novel, they want dates and facts. In your case, indicate that you had been friends since whatever date, indicate when your relationship changed to romantic, when you met in person, and when you became engaged.

Our answer to that question was no longer than three short paragraphs long.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is easy to keep it simple and use just the lines provided. Ours was something like this: "August 2005 met on an dateing site, Sep 05 started emailing and chatting online regularly, Feb 06 decided to meet, July 06 met in person and proposed."

Easy to keep it to the point.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I am one who believe in 'More is better' so added a supplemental sheet and went into detail.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
It is easy to keep it simple and use just the lines provided. Ours was something like this: "August 2005 met on an dateing site, Sep 05 started emailing and chatting online regularly, Feb 06 decided to meet, July 06 met in person and proposed."

Easy to keep it to the point.

I agree. If you want to put in more of a relationship evolution, you can certainly put that in your letters of intent.

I think it's ok to mention dates you don't have evidence of but you mention and provide evidence of having met in person within the past two-years.

The question on the form really is poorly written.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

I put 'met blah blah blah....see passport pg x of evidence'and then bulleted every physical meeting since then the same way with dates.

I also sent a few extra pics, althought that's totally secondary evidence.

I kept it short, but at the same time covered every meeting.....much of it was beyond the 2 year req, but I wanted to give an overall picture with supporting evidence (passport stamps). There was none of this 'I saw his eyes from across the room.....' narrative.

Filed: Timeline
There was none of this 'I saw his eyes from across the room.....' narrative.

:lol:

I can just imagine some of the things the clerks have to read when processing the petitions. I bet they do a lot of :rolleyes: .

I know, right? Hell, I'd love to work there just for the 'omG how funny' factor....

I kept it short. I just said, "AAm and I first met in Singapore in 2003" That was it ;)

Good Luck to you on your journey!

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I kept it short. I just said, "AAm and I first met in Singapore in 2003" That was it ;)

Good Luck to you on your journey!

Mark-N-AAm

the problem with being that brief is that I have seen people being RFE'ed for not providing a modicum of background information to explain how/when the relationship started.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.