Cuong

What do it mean when the paperworks are touched?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can someone help answer a few questions?

What does it mean when the paperwork was touched?

How do we know when it's has been touched?

What is NOA2? Is it a packet from the NVC that tell me to send a fee of $70?

After I sent in my $70 fee, how long is it gonna take for them to send the DS230?

thank-you to a VJers people that help?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It means somebody looked at your paperworks for whatever reason.

If you sign up for the status check at the USCIS's website, you can track all the status updates.

NOA2 is the approval letter.

After I sent in my $70 fee, how long is it gonna take for them to send the DS230?

Look at the timeline. Also, please fill out your timeline to help make the statistics better :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you sign up on the USCIS website for notifications of the status of your case, it will tell you whenever the case has been adjusted. If something is done to your case, the date changes in the update screen. People on here call that a "touch" meaning that someone has touched your case even though you may not know what they did to it.

NOA2 = the 2nd Notice of Action. The 2nd Notice of Action is usually the notice telling you that your petition was approved and is being forwarded to NVC for processing to the country Embassy/Consulate.

The amount of time it takes for them to send your information and interview packets (packets 3 and 4) vary by the country you are dealing with. People dealing with Vietnam may be able to tell you how long it took them or check their time lines. If you look at the immigration timelines on this site for vietnam, you may be able to get an idea of how long it took people in your country.

Good Luck!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello....and best wishes!!

"Touched" is a term that is used to describe your file when something is done with it at USCIS. Your file is "bar-coded" and scanned every time someone/anyone "touches" it. It could be something as simple as moving it from one desk to another...or hopefully your case is being reviewed by someone with the ability to make a judgement on it. Some folks get through the process without being "touched" and receive their NOA-2 just fine. So...do not get worried if your case has no touches. It is normal.

Regards,

Craig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your last question kinda ambiguous....

Let's clear up something:

Are you K1 or K3 petitioner?

Did you get a note from NVC telling you to send them $70, for what? Can you share the general content of the letter?

Why didn't you have all the fees paid upfront, seem odd to pay them on a per-request basis.

Do what ChaGio recommend, fill out your "Signature" with your timeline information.

Nobody can tell you how long it will take HCMC to mail your fiance the DS230. We can gues based on previous cases, but usually with in 3 months from the day the PHYSICAL filing package arrived and entered in the HCMC system.

For now, please fill out your timeline... Ask questions, a lot of them... :) Welcome~

Edited by chuckandkim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.