doodlebug

Pity Party!!!

196 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok...I have an idea...we all leave our jobs..sell our homes/belongings...gather any kids...pack...buy ONE LARGE FLAT in Egypt....pool together our resources...and start a communal life in Egypt....hmm...how many of us can fit in a large flat??? At least we'd be with our SO's. I see it now...working our gardens...doodle..you milk the cow...ummm..goat...camal...(where do they get the milk from there again??) And Becky you gather the eggs. Who wants to sew the clothes for us?? Im no good with a needle.... Anyone good with crafts?? I can sell them....

Seriously...Im praying for each of you that have been waiting sooooooooooo long....and to think...Im still a "visa baby". Scares me to see how much longer we may have....

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna be in the pity party , too!!! Do I have to contribute a complaint of my own? Or can I just help Doodle to let all her frustrations out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il9Uvvp-A9w

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Well, my complaint would be that I want to take my husband's whole family (more than 100 people that I have met so far) and ship them all to America. Because I love this whole family and everyone in it, but I hate living in this country. I miss my nieces and my mom. I miss being able to wear shorts in my own home. I hate not being able to pick up my keys and go somewhere when I want. I hate not having my own money and expenses. I hate the fact that I saw a dollar bill the other day and I got all excited because I haven't touched money in forever! I hate all the rules and rigamarole that women have to put up with here. I hate sitting on my tail and getting fatter because there is no such thing as a walk for recreation/exercise. And, I hate that most of my ####### has to get poured out into my husband's lap because there is no one else for me to talk to in English. I feel lonely and bored sometimes, and misunderstood and stircrazy the rest of the time. Some days are better than others, but every day I try to wish myself off of this continent. The only reason I don't leave is because of my husband. There is no way I put up with all of this waiting by his side just so that we could be separated again!!!!!!!!!!!

leftnav_storefront.gif

Welcome to Applebee's Miss Nicky. How many of you will be dining with us tonight? 500 of the world's most ticked off MENA wives?? Wow. The waiting time for a party of that size is difficult to predict. :wacko:

As far as doodle's complaint.......I hate the embassy, too. And I practically cried at the window for American Services and raised my voice and bitched and moaned to that poor lady, and it got me ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE! We need a revolution.....something big! We need some crazy !@#!$ to go down. Suggestions??

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Awww......JJ, that was a hard step to take.

(F)(F)

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

im in for this pity party too... i love parties but this one is wayyy different and nothing that I love to deal with... it started Sunday for me ... just feeling so down and moody and crying :crying: .... then I tried to sleep but I couldnt sleep... just sat up, then layed down and back and forth just thinking about my husband sleeping and I wasnt there with him... :cry::crying: very sad and a lonely feeling...

the best nights of sleep I had was when I was next to my husband... I even loved the snoring and talking in his sleep even though it really makes me crazyy... but I rather have that at night by my side than to not hear his voice at all :crying: ... around 2 am last night I had enough and I had to wake him up and cried my eyes and breath out to him... :cry:

AND YES it helped ... even If he was sleep talking... :rolleyes: JK... he really listened (L)

-Tam

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awe shucks. I am even in on the pity party today! I finally got to talk to him and whined about how much I miss him. How much I need him here with me. I need to feel him. I think it's the change of weather or Mercury in retrograde or something. I am having many times of reflection where I go internally and have regrets and feel out what my souls need deeply. I am feeling lonely and sorely missing him like this hollow feeling that it's been too long without him. I know how you all are feeling.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

it seams i missed the pity party. my husband spent 4.5 hours in the emergency room last night with his hyrnia. yes, its true doctors make the worst patients. at one point he was jumping out of the bed IV and all demanding more pain medication and to see the doctor. he sent me out 3 times to find the doctor and i dont think he beleived that i went and asked so he did it himself. not only once but twice.

well we all know the emergency room system. wait wait and wait more. kinda like the visa process.

finally after 3 useless shot of demoral they gave him something thats even stronger then morfine and knocked his butt down so the mussle could relax and the hyrnia went back in. he was fighting against himself the whole time. i know its hard to relax when ur in pain but if he would have just relaxed things would have worked out better for him.

i will call the surgon today and get this nightmare past us. he has been suffering at least a year but this was the first time he couldnt get the hyrnia back in.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I feel like dragging all of us outside the embassy and grabbing big huge signs saying BRING OUR HUSBAND'S HOME!!!!!!! And marching back and forth screaming until they listen to us and see our tears and feel our pain and perhaps gain some compassion.

yallah doodle, I've got my sign ready.

titlephoto.jpg

This will pass. It doesnt help to say that now, but it will. (F)

wwjlzd.jpg

Stay strong, y'all. Egypt and Pakistan have some of the most grueling waits for AR -- just unbelievable.

But you WILL get through this insha'allah and you and your husbands WILL be together, and it WILL all be worth every second of this torture.

Sending out lots of prayers for you all, positive vibes and MAJOR ME/NA MOJO to light a serious fire under the consulates.

(F) (F) (F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok...I have an idea...we all leave our jobs..sell our homes/belongings...gather any kids...pack...buy ONE LARGE FLAT in Egypt....pool together our resources...and start a communal life in Egypt....hmm...how many of us can fit in a large flat??? At least we'd be with our SO's. I see it now...working our gardens...doodle..you milk the cow...ummm..goat...camal...(where do they get the milk from there again??) And Becky you gather the eggs. Who wants to sew the clothes for us?? Im no good with a needle.... Anyone good with crafts?? I can sell them....

Seriously...Im praying for each of you that have been waiting sooooooooooo long....and to think...Im still a "visa baby". Scares me to see how much longer we may have....

um....why do *I* have to milk the freakin' cow???? :blink::blink::blink:

:lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

This is such a beautiful song by a Jamaican singer called Sanchez -- he has such an incredible voice. The song says it all -- reggae style. I listened to it over and over every time I was feeling down. Wish I had a link for the actual song -- if you are a member of one of those music services, they might have it -- give it a listen. But here are the lyrics:

I'm Missing You

by Sanchez

yeah i'ma missing you

missing you

talk to you but it's not the same

as touching you

and every time you whisper my name

i wanna run to you

we'll be together

and it won't be long

it won't be long

but it seems like forever

and it's out of my arms

baby cuz i'm missing you now

and it's driving me crazy

cuz i'm needing my baby

i'm missing you now

can't wait another moment

needing you right here by my side

is all that i can do

arms around my pillow at night

they should be holding you

i was much stronger

how could i know?

how could i know?

but it seems like forever

and it's hard to be strong

and it's driving me crazy

i'm needing my baby

i'm missing you now

said i'ma missing you now

and it's driving crazy

i'm needing my baby

i'm missing you now

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Haha I see how she dealt that job out to you :P What I'm wondering is -- where do you keep a cow in a flat ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Haha I see how she dealt that job out to you :P What I'm wondering is -- where do you keep a cow in a flat ?

Well it is one LARGE flat!!! :energetic:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

on the roof, of course silly! :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.