LvivLovers

Anyone else who didn't receive NOA2 after 30 days?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our I-129F and I-130 were both approved on Aug. 8, 2007 but we still haven't received our NOA2. I've called several times trying to get them to resend it (or send it for the 1st time), but they say I must file form I-824 and pay $340 to get them to send a duplicate (also, I'm guessing there will be about a 6 month delay for them to process this). I find it hard to believe that this is really a problem with the USPS since I've never had a problem with not getting my mail in the past and I also received my NOA1s with no problem. I haven't moved or anything else that would complicate the situation.

Anyone else out there with a similar story?

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Haven't been in exactly the same situation but something similar to it. I never received NOA1 untill now (send I-130 on June 6th) and eventually called them in Augustus. Well, same kind of story, they were not gonna sent me a duplicate.... And of course it was not their fault, but it must have something to do with the mail delivery while I never had trouble with any other kind of mail.

May 18, 2007 ... Married in the Netherlands

May 16, 2008 ... Entered USA

February 13, 2010 ... mailed I-751

February 16, 2010 ... 3.43 pm I-751 delivered

February 18, 2010 ... check cashed[/color]

February 24, 2010 ... received NOA dated 02/17/2010

March 4, 2010 ... received Bio letter

March 15, 2010 ... bio appointment

March 16, 2010 ... touch

May 12, 2010 ... card production ordered

June 1, 2010 ... card production ordered text message (again)

June 7, 2010 ... received green card

February 15, 2011 ... mailed N400

February 17, 2011 ... N400 delivered

February 18, 2011 ... check cashed

February 22, 2011 ... NOA dated

March 24, 2011 ... bio in Houston

May 20, 2011 ... interview San Antonio

June 30, 2011 ... oath ceremony Bryan

Our I-129F and I-130 were both approved on Aug. 8, 2007 but we still haven't received our NOA2. I've called several times trying to get them to resend it (or send it for the 1st time), but they say I must file form I-824 and pay $340 to get them to send a duplicate (also, I'm guessing there will be about a 6 month delay for them to process this). I find it hard to believe that this is really a problem with the USPS since I've never had a problem with not getting my mail in the past and I also received my NOA1s with no problem. I haven't moved or anything else that would complicate the situation.

We were approved on 27th August and still haven't received an NOA2. Try emailing them at CSC.NoNotice@DHS.Gov . They have had problems with notices not being mailed before.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Timeline

We were approved on 27th August and still haven't received an NOA2. Try emailing them at CSC.NoNotice@DHS.Gov . They have had problems with notices not being mailed before.

Thank you!

I will try that.

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

RosemarieL, I owe you a great many thanks! I had forgotten all about that email address. And to be honest I was very skeptical it would work, because I had been rejected about 4-5 times through various calls to CSC, USCIS, etc. They all told me I'd have to file another form and pay $340 to get a "duplicate" sent to me. Needless to say I found this to be a little unfair...I mean $340 for a single piece of paper that I'm confident they never sent originally?!? Anyway, I'm happy to report that I used the email address you posted, and finally, today I just received the I-130 approval I've been missing since August 8 and my wife can Adjust Status once she is here in the USA! You saved me $340!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

By the way, as an added bit of humor, also today at the same time I received another letter telling me they couldn't send the duplicate approval blah blah blah! Thanks again! I'm so happy and so grateful!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is there anything else you can do to make you process so unique??? B we have 14 days to the interview and with Gods grace 31 to immigration.

Mike

BY the way it took our NOA's 6 to 8 weeks to arrive. Go figure.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-12-12

I130/CR1

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-01-06

I-130 Approved : 2007-04-19

NVC Received : 2007-05-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : May 14 2007

Pay I-864 Bill Received and Marked Paid May 30 2007 Shorcut not used..but one $70 fee paid for both CR1 and CR2

Receive I-864 Package : June 4 2007

I-864 Receivd at NVC June 7 2007 Used Shortcut Successfully I-864 Approved 6-18-07

Return Completed DS-3032 : Three failed e-mail attempts DS-3032 received 8 June 2007 Completed June 11, 2007

Receive IV Bill : Generated 6-18-07 Received June 29, 2007

Pay IV Bill : Paid 2 July 2007, Posted at NVC 9 July, 2007

Receive Instruction Package : 16 July DS 230 submitted using Shortcuts

Case Completed at NVC : 15 August 2007

NVC Left : 12 Sep 2007

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 17 Oct 2007

Visa Received : 17 Oct 2007

US Entry : est 3 Nov 2007 @ 7:22 pm LosAngeles

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 121

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQxJkRhdGUrb2YrSTEzMCtOT0ExJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmbCYwJjYmMSYyMDA3JjEyJjAmNDU0OTA2MDAxMTc5ODgyOTU4Lic=.gif

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO...UNTIL YOU ASK!

Michael & Elena

Bakesfield, CA

Timeline
Is there anything else you can do to make you process so unique??? B we have 14 days to the interview and with Gods grace 31 to immigration.

Mike

BY the way it took our NOA's 6 to 8 weeks to arrive. Go figure.

Hey, Mike! It's really been an adventure...that's for sure! Wow, 14 days!!! That is awesome! After this long wait that will go by in the blink of an eye! We will be about 2 weeks behind you, but then we get to start the oh so fun Adjustment of Status!

Anyway, best of luck at the interview and I can't wait to hear about it!!!

Early congratulations, my friend!

Brandon

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.