deadbird

The visa is on its way!

57 posts in this topic

congratulations.gif

:thumbs:(F):thumbs:

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you all so much! :D I really hope those of you who are waiting don't have to wait much longer at all.

congratulations.gif

:thumbs:(F):thumbs:

btw, this is tooooooooo cute :)

Divorced. To hell with him.

Timeline
And now to the next ecstatic part...getting to see him exit the concourse!!! :dance: I think I almost cried when my fiance arrived. I was a little unnerved that my dad got to see him first (he has security clearance so he was able to go out to the gate and make sure he didn't get lost, for which I should be grateful I suppose :whistle: )

Hey.......Maggie you know what I noticed? Your husband arrived on my birthday!

Timeline
Sparrow...did you find out if your fiance can get the temp EAD? I hope so. It's extremely IMPORTANT.

I didn't actually find out but I'm sure he'll be asking for it...what happens if he doesn't get it? Obviously he wouldn't work till he had proper authorization but I'm just curious if there is another reason?

Filed: Timeline

If he doesn't get it then he'll have to wait for EAD or AOS to be approved. Stress to him that it is important that he tries to get it at POE (JFK).

Sparrow...did you find out if your fiance can get the temp EAD? I hope so. It's extremely IMPORTANT.

I didn't actually find out but I'm sure he'll be asking for it...what happens if he doesn't get it? Obviously he wouldn't work till he had proper authorization but I'm just curious if there is another reason?

Timeline
If he doesn't get it then he'll have to wait for EAD or AOS to be approved. Stress to him that it is important that he tries to get it at POE (JFK).

Ok that's what I thought, will do :). He's definitely coming into JFK :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so happy for you...I hope religion doesn't affect this...but I would't doubt it. As a Muslim I know my guy will probably be looked at harder..and we do have an age gap....one good thing...we've been together 4 years with thousands of pages of chat, phone records and emails...we have proof of daily contact in every imaginable way. (Thank God Cingular documents missed calls!!!) I"ve been to see him each year (2005, 2006, twice in 2007) and WILL be there for the interview...emailed the embassy asking permission to be there....(im sure I got the typical "canned" letter back). Emaling the thank you note was a nice touch..I like that...just nice. I think what we have against us is my most recent marriage and divorce...my age....thats it. (that i can think of.) I just feel soo badly for those waiting 10 months or so for a visa.... I pray they come soon....BUT...........

Is it ME? or did anyone else notice...that most of the waiting visas are k3???? :unsure: That doesn't seem fair...but I was wondering if the checks on those are harder...because when they are approved they are approved for everything up front...but a k1 STILL has to go through AOS, EAD and another interview in 2 years....could THAT be the reason? I dont' think its fair...but...was wondering??????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OMG Congratulations to you and your Fiance! I am so happy for you sweetie. Good luck to you and Ramy with the wedding prep. and of course in your life together.

Edited by SandyNJack

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

vwswtx.jpg

Congratulations !!! :dance::dance::dance:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Is it ME? or did anyone else notice...that most of the waiting visas are k3???? :unsure: That doesn't seem fair...but I was wondering if the checks on those are harder...because when they are approved they are approved for everything up front...but a k1 STILL has to go through AOS, EAD and another interview in 2 years....could THAT be the reason? I dont' think its fair...but...was wondering??????? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

A k-3 is not that mch different than a K-1. coming on a K-3 you still have to go through AOS and get an EAD and have another interview unless you have been married for than 2 years when the green card is issued.

The only advantange of a K-3 is you can put off filing AOS and use the K-3 to travel home before AOS is complete.

K-1 has the advatage of a temp work authorization.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.