jynxNdragnfly

Processing Times....

6 posts in this topic

Alright so out of shear boredom tonight I checked to see the processing time listed on the website for the California Service Center. When I checked before it had a date of December 2006. Now today instead of a date it just says 6 months. So the impatient side of me, which I try to hide and keep in check during all of this, wants to know what that means LOL Does it mean that it will take CSC 6 months to 'approve' my I130? I'm guessing that's what it means. Then it has to go through NVC then after all the back and forth there is done then it waits in a pile to be scheduled at Montreal.

I'm wondering now if I should apply for K-3 and if that will get me over there quicker while I wait till the I130 gets approved as there's no way I'm doing AOS. I can't find a processing time for K-3 since I just read that we'd have to send it to CSC since that's where the I130 is.

Someone please send me patience *sigh*

jynx - Canadian Chick

dragnfly - American Dude

July-07-07 - Married in Las Vegas

August-07-08 - CR-1 Visa activated

July-17-10 - Approval notice in mail, Conditions removed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Alright so out of shear boredom tonight I checked to see the processing time listed on the website for the California Service Center. When I checked before it had a date of December 2006. Now today instead of a date it just says 6 months. So the impatient side of me, which I try to hide and keep in check during all of this, wants to know what that means LOL Does it mean that it will take CSC 6 months to 'approve' my I130? I'm guessing that's what it means. Then it has to go through NVC then after all the back and forth there is done then it waits in a pile to be scheduled at Montreal.

I'm wondering now if I should apply for K-3 and if that will get me over there quicker while I wait till the I130 gets approved as there's no way I'm doing AOS. I can't find a processing time for K-3 since I just read that we'd have to send it to CSC since that's where the I130 is.

Someone please send me patience *sigh*

Hi jynx,

I understand your frustration.

I'm sorry I know next to nothing about the K-3. The whole NVC process is annoying, no doubt about that, however if you use James's shortcuts you should be able to get through it in about 3-4 months, then, as you know another 6-7 months to get to Montreal - so yes, 9-11 months, no doubt it is annoying.

The 6 months at CSC means that the oldest case they are working on is 6 months old, so it's not really meaningful in a sense. That, or those, cases might be incomplete and waiting for info or who knows what, so don't let that get you down. More meaningful to look at the CR1 timeline for Montreal in this forum.

The K3 might be faster if you moved to the west and interviewed at Vancouver (bit drastic I know).

Anyway, not very helpful, just wanted to send you a note of support. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you living in the US and Adjusting here? I may be able to shed some light on processing times etc. Check out my signature for a rough estimate.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Since you mentioned in your post that there's no way you're doing AOS, I thought K3's have to adjust status, unlike those who come on the CR-1. From all I've read, if you go the K3 route you might get here quicker but you won't be able to get your SSN until you have the EAD. One positive with the K3 - you have multiple entry, unlike those of us who went the K1 route.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

No I'm not in the US. I'm still in Canada. If I went for a K3 I would not abandon my CR1, I would just use the K3 to move over and live in the US while waiting for my CR1 to finish up. So basically 2 trips to Montreal. I'm not worried about a SSN or employment as I'm keeping my job in Canada. I would just rather be living with my husband asap as my current living situation drives me nuts. That's all.

oh and thanks for the note of support trailmix :)

Edited by jynxNdragnfly

jynx - Canadian Chick

dragnfly - American Dude

July-07-07 - Married in Las Vegas

August-07-08 - CR-1 Visa activated

July-17-10 - Approval notice in mail, Conditions removed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The problem is, if you pursue a K3, USCIS will more than likely retain your approved I-130, essentially taking away the option to pursue CR-1. "Essentially taking away" as in if it were retained you would have to pay and file an I-824 to have it forwarded to the NVC. That forwarding based on what I've seen here takes about 6 months or more. Then there's the processing at the NVC and the waiting for Montreal... which isn't a huge problem for you since you're going to retain your job in Canada.

I think if I were you, I'd continue with the CR-1 because the time is about the same as K3 through Montreal unless you happen to um... "move" out west so you can interview for a K3 in Vancouver... ;)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.