ischia

Consular processing for K-1 Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Can anyone share his/her experiences for NVC time-frame to forward case to interest section in Havana? ....

Edited by ischia

I-129F NOA1 : 7/9/07

I-129F RFE : 7/13/07

Touched : 7/14/07

Touched : 7/16/07

Touched : 7/17/07

RFE Response Mailed to CSC : 7/31/07

Touched : 8/8/07 CSC Update (RFE received and case is resumed)

Touched : 8/9/07

Touched : 8/10/07

Touched : 8/20/07

Approved: 8/20/07

NVC Recieved Approved Case: 9/17/07

NVC Mailed Approved Case to Consulate: 10/28/07

Packet Picked-up from consulate 11/10/07

Interview date : Feb 25. 2008

Visa Approved: March 3, 2008

Visa Picked-up: March 4, 2008

Cuban Exit Visa Pick-up April 7, 2008

3744.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

hi, my husband is in cuba and we just got the visa approved for the K-3 but it is very similar to do the K-1. It is a crazy process but here are some tips in the process once the NVC approves your case:

- The hardest part was to get my husband an appointment to pick up the "superpacket" or packet 3. To do this start to call the embassy right away, the phone numbers are on the website. My husband's superpacket was ready about 10 days after the NVC forwarded our file to havana but they don't call you to tell you that it just sits there until you call or fax to pick it up. What worked really well for us was faxing the embassy and asking them to call my husband to pick it up. Your fiance cannot go to the embassy to pick this up unless they are on the list to get into the embassy, or unless you can go and pick it up yourself.

- Even before you fiance has the superpacket or packet 3 start to get the following items: police record and military record. This will help to save time in the future.

- I hear that the process has changed a little bit about one month after I started the process but feel free to ask me any questions...I went to the interview with my husband and that was so crazy, hundreds of people are there waiting at 7 in the morning, it took all day, but if the american petitioner goes to the interview you can go to the head of all the lines so that was good. Also they ask less questions if both people are there. They asked us only 3 questions: how did we meet, what is your job, and are you a communist. It was so easy and they really don't care if you are an american in cuba, they even told me that directly.

hope this helps a little,

alexis

My Timeline

11/23/2005-Married

USCIS

01/26/2007-I130 sent

01/28/2007-USCIS received I130

02/13/2007-NOA1 approved

02/16/2007-NOA2 approved

NVC

03/16/2007- Received bills

03/18/2007- Payed IV Fee bill $ 380.00 and AOS Bill $70

04/12/2007- AOS and DS-230 received

04/12/2007- DS-230 and AOS sent back to NVC

05/09/2007- Case Complete at NVC

05/15/2007- Havana received Case

05/30/2007- Husband gets packet

06/01/2007- Called to set up interview

09/26/2007 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED VISA IN HAND SAME DAY

09/27/2007- Started process for carta blanca

10/16/2007- Carta Blanca Recived

10/24/2007 Welcome to Miami! Bienvenido a Miami!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.