Veiled Princess

Date Syrup

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is the recipe I found on a website that I have been making for a while now. Not as good as the real stuff (I'm not much of a cook! :P ) but my fiance seemed to like it when I made it a few weeks ago. OH.....and I really don't know what a Medjool date is.....I've just been using the dates I found in the local international food store. Maybe those are Medjool dates. ;)

Ingredients:

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup pitted Medjool dates

1 cup water

Serves: 12

Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes

Instructions:

Combine dates and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover and turn down heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add vanilla and simmer 1 minute more. Cool mixture slightly and pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary for a syrupy consistency.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just saw some today in our local Middle Eastern market. Maybe if there is a local market you could ask if they can get it.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline
This is the recipe I found on a website that I have been making for a while now.

Shukran! Shukran! Shukran! :D I'll try it soon inshallah. My husband made me some kind of bread/dough for breakfast in Egypt and in the middle was that date syrup and I crave it soooooo much since I got back home. Of course all we had to do there was pick up a can from any local market. LOL

P.S. I'm assuming since your fiance is Egyptian that he's also muslim (could be wrong) but if he is you should be selective in the vanilla extract you use since the most common kind in our grocery stores have alcohol and may not be halaal for him ;) I personally use a vanilla flavoring (not extract) that I found at the grocery store that I checked all the ingredients against a website and found nothing haraam in. Sometimes it's hard to tell since they don't just call it what it is here in the states.

I just saw some today in our local Middle Eastern market. Maybe if there is a local market you could ask if they can get it.

I live in a small town but I think there's a ME grocery in the next town. I know there's an Indian/Paki store there but I wasn't sure if they'd sell the same kinds of foods so I never been there. Maybe I'll look it up and see if there's one there. There's a company in the UK that sells it fairly cheap but it's outrageous to have it shipped here. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Fake vanilla tastes icky :dead: I've started using real vanilla beans instead of extract and omg, my chocolate chip cookies have never tasted so good. If the recipe has something liquidy in it, scrape the insides of the bean into it and let it sit for a few hours to disperse the flavor.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Iceyspots, I live in Ann Arbor. :-) It's ME overload here. ...but not as much as Dearborn.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Iceyspots, I live in Ann Arbor. :-) It's ME overload here. ...but not as much as Dearborn.

yes there are quite a bit.. but I was actually a little bit surprised to see that Los Angeles actually surpassed Detroit in the number of muslims they have. But if you compare population percentage instead of actual number, Detroit would have a higher concentration... I also go to school in Ypsilanti @ EMU, and I'm taking a class at Washtenaw in Ann Arbor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.