Krikit

Speaking of Pink Doilies....

Do you like doilies?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like doilies?

• Yes, I adore them!
    • No, I cannot stand them!
    • I only like them if they're pink.
    • Yes, I adore them and I have them in my house.
    • No, I cannot stand them and I have them in my house.
    • Pass the doily on the left hand side.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Found this pink doily online. I laughed when I read the comment: Beautiful crocheted pink doily. No tears or stains. Excellent condition. I read it as no tears as in :crying: instead of no tears as in rips and thought "Wow. People actually DO use pink doilies for drying up tears." :blush::lol:

Anyway.... Tinker.... tell your daughter to hang onto her doilies. They're now worth $15 a piece!

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I despise doilies sooo much lol.

When my grandma died, for some reason I was left with the box of doilies. lol.

i think it was my grandmas way of saying: "stfu" because I was always going on about how ugly her doilies were.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

lmao.....

gosh, I hadn't seen those things in years!!!!!!!!! :protest: I'm sure there is some in this house of my husbands...we are in his parents old farmhouse!!!

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Found this pink doily online. I laughed when I read the comment: Beautiful crocheted pink doily. No tears or stains. Excellent condition. I read it as no tears as in :crying: instead of no tears as in rips and thought "Wow. People actually DO use pink doilies for drying up tears." :blush::lol:

Anyway.... Tinker.... tell your daughter to hang onto her doilies. They're now worth $15 a piece!

My momma always had one exactly like that under our Christmas Catus plant.. secretly i imagine it was a "wedding gift" and she hated it so much she put it there in order for it to get "damaged" :) hee hee..

She is a doiley lover.. I am afraid i am not so much!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*ROTF*........ you guys are too funny!!!

I'm not going to defend those doilies, she was 6 or 7 and asked me to make them for her. Can't believe she outgrew them. Did notice a black one on her desk though :devil:

Now to find someone who does like them....got tons, I like doing the needlework :blush:

BTW they're not PINK, and they're free :goofy:

Just looked at the site..lmao. Musta been really bored to type that one in. Mine are not quite so um, gawdy though :blink:

Edited by Tinker

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

I have dollies although I don't really like them. They keep getting passed down to me. Ahh, thanks. Worst part is my mother still makes them. Enough already!

Checked out the pink dollie online, who in there right mind will pay $15 plus shipping for that? Maybe I should start selling mine on e-bay.

Edited by neiks

"Made from the hairs of rare yaks in Tibet and dyed from the recovered scalp of <famous punk rock star> you can almost see the face of Jesus in the centre of the doily.

Only yours for $5000!"

You could easily pay off your visa fees with that...

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I love doilies! Guess I'm a strange one, but I've always loved them. I'm hoping to find a few for our new house, to use on tables and such. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can always take a glass jar, fill it with potpourri, lace a ribbon through the edges of the doily, place the doily on the top of the jar and cinch the ribbon tight and tie it up. It looks kinda pretty and the smell gets through the holes.

(My name is Cheryl and I am a craftaholic. :blush: )

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I don't think I have seen a doily since my grandmother passed away back in 19....... :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I love doilies! Guess I'm a strange one, but I've always loved them. I'm hoping to find a few for our new house, to use on tables and such. :)

wooohoooooo :lol: Once I get down there, I'll have nothing but time :devil: I'll work on some and you can have the handmade ones, not the darn $1, *grumbling* Gotta hate when you work on something and then you do to the dollar store...ugh.

I won't even do pink ones!!

Liz..I was wondering about that myself. Maybe Krikit was trying to find a way to get my daughter to keep hers...lol, tear stains and everything.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Doilies? I haven't made one of those since I was a kid. Next thing people you know people are going to start a thread on knitting nancies. :D

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

You guys make me LOL. :lol:

Okay, it's confession time. I USED TO LOVE DOILIES AND HAD THEM IN MY HOUSE!!! *gasp* After intensive therapy at Craftaholics Anonymous I have since been able to "step away from the doily". (Great tip though, Cassie! You should come for girls weekend. I always make my friends do one craft as a keepsake, whether they like it or not. :lol: )

Okay.... the whole reason I was scouring the internet looking for pink doilies (it was actually the first link that popped up and it made me laugh so I had to share) was that I wanted to hand one to Nini in this post. Well, one thing lead to another and, you know, I found myself being unable to stop at one. I had to have another. And then I wanted to involve my friends. I just couldn't help myself. *sob* I need :help: .

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.