Samanthajayne

Me and My Husband and Wishing Money Did Grow On Ttees!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hey Vjers

First of all I am writing for some advice.

My husband left his job today, as he hated it. We thought it would be best to leave now. Before we submit the I164.

He booked a tickit to London to come see me, this Friday as a anniversary surprise.

Im just a little worried. He only visited uk in may. Stayed 2 months. Now he is coming again. Do you think they will question him alot at the Uk port of entry? Has anyones spouse been refused here?

I told him not to say hes married..etc. The only thing than can get him on...is if they as if he has a criminal record. Which he does. I dont even know if you can visit the UK, with a criminal record? Im going to try to look that up now.

So im wondering would a co sponser be enough?? He has booked a return flight for 14 days time. But if a co sponser is enough I want him to stay.

What do you think guys?

Oh and if anyone can give me advice, on Criminal Records..please refer to my previous posts.

Love to you all xxx

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

He can visit up to 6 months out of every 12 months without raising suspiscion, so you're fine on that front.

The tricky part actually, probably even more than the criminal record as I have no idea how they'd find that out unless he commited the crime in the UK, is that he's currently jobless. What will he write on the occupation line? The first time I visited, I was in between jobs and had to write "none" on that line, and I got hassled. They thought I might try to get work illegally in the UK and that I might not have enough money for my trip. Once I showed them my return ticket was for only two weeks in the future and I explained that I had to leave a job to make a two-week trip but I was going to have a new job when I got home, they let me in begrudingly.

Is there anything at all that he could write on that line without actually lying?

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

He can visit up to 6 months out of every 12 months without raising suspiscion, so you're fine on that front.

The tricky part actually, probably even more than the criminal record as I have no idea how they'd find that out unless he commited the crime in the UK, is that he's currently jobless. What will he write on the occupation line? The first time I visited, I was in between jobs and had to write "none" on that line, and I got hassled. They thought I might try to get work illegally in the UK and that I might not have enough money for my trip. Once I showed them my return ticket was for only two weeks in the future and I explained that I had to leave a job to make a two-week trip but I was going to have a new job when I got home, they let me in begrudingly.

Is there anything at all that he could write on that line without actually lying?

:thumbs:

Hi There

Thanks for replying!

I was beginning to think I was invisible!

Yes I am very exited to see him.

Im starting to think ive aged since starting this visa buisness..down to the stress and worry about seeing him.

As so far we have met in between in Barcelona and London.

Fortunatly he has his job back now. So all is ok there.

Secondly he dont have alot of money to bring. As he paid tons for the ticket.

However he reserve a hostel..and has a confirmation. Well of a deposit.

He is bringing his credit card. But i dont think it works..but if they ask hes gonna say he will pay for it on that.

Im just worrried there gonna raise an eyebrow. As he was only here in may. Stayed till July.

Now hes booked again..Do you think they may wonder why so often?

Hes bringing like £300 and travelling light.

I was wondering what he should say when asked why he was here for two months? I was going to say he ran into an old friend? and then his boss gave him time off as work was slow?? But then they may ask who? and cross question.

I guess the reason im so paronoid is because I was refused entry to the USA.

I didnt think he was marked when he left london. But apparently when leaving in July, they stamped him in shannon by US immigration. So it looks like they will know.

God this nonscence drives me crazy :angry::wacko:

Thanks for all advice x

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

That's great that he has his job back - that should make a big difference. I don't think the two-month visit will come up... If it does, he'll have to be honest. They will be able to tell if he's being purposely vague or avoiding the truth. He should bring copies of your immigration paperwork and a letter from his employer. The 300GBP, his credit card, plus his job in the states should be plenty of proof that he's okay for money for the trip. How far out is his return ticket booked for? If it's just a few weeks, that's also good. Like I said before, he can have at least 6 months out of ever 12 months in the UK without a visa, and some people have reported being able to enter for even longer than that (not longer than six months at a time, but more than 6 months out of the year with combined visits).

It's actually to his advantage that he has proof of when he left in July. Two months is really not that long of a trip, and it's in his favour that he's obeyed the 6 months rule in the past. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.