casadv

Will this ever end?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help with some answers or some hope? We were put in Administrative Processing after my fiance's first interview and 2 visits to the Consulate to deliver requested documentation. We recently wrote to the consulate and asked what is the status, and because I spelled my fiance's name wrong, they said they never received our petition. Cleared that up, and then they requested documentation provided to them in April. Addressed that as well! My fiance stated that we should address the last thing they requested so we don't keep going through this. We have not seen each other for 1 year 2 weeks, and both our hearts are breaking. We feel like we are wasting our lives away, as we are very anxious to start our life together. It is really quite unbearable, but we both manage to not think about it at all, but we can't just keep going on like this. We need this bulls--- to end, and get him here, and get things rolling.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom, comfort, advice, etc.?

Thank you for listening and caring.

Very Sincerely,

Carol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help with some answers or some hope?

We were put in Administrative Processing after my fiance's first interview and 2 visits to the Consulate to deliver requested documentation. We recently wrote to the consulate and asked what is the status, and because I spelled my fiance's name wrong, they said they never received our petition. Cleared that up, and then they requested documentation provided to them in April. Addressed that as well! My fiance stated that we should address the last thing they requested so we don't keep going through this. We have not seen each other for 1 year 2 weeks, and both our hearts are breaking. We feel like we are wasting our lives away, as we are very anxious to start our life together. It is really quite unbearable, but we both manage to not think about it at all, but we can't just keep going on like this. We need this bulls--- to end, and get him here, and get things rolling.

Very Sincerely,

Carol

Carol.

you said>>>

My fiance stated that we should address the last thing they requested so we don't keep going through this.

what do you mean by that? does the consulate want more info? what did the consulate request that was not done? as soon as he does all that the consulate askes of him they will tell him what the next step is.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

What he meant was that they would ask for a 2nd time something already done. We've given them everything they want, and they just say that we are still undergoing Admin. Processing, and they don't give us a timeline or why it is taking so long. They give us nothing, except the same response when we email them for a status report. It is like being in limbo. We have no idea when and if this is ever going to end.

Sincerely,

Carol

\

Hi Everyone,

We were put in Administrative Processing after my fiance's first interview and 2 visits to the Consulate to deliver requested documentation. We recently wrote to the consulate and asked what is the status, and because I spelled my fiance's name wrong, they said they never received our petition. Cleared that up, and then they requested documentation provided to them in April. Addressed that as well! My fiance stated that we should address the last thing they requested so we don't keep going through this. We have not seen each other for 1 year 2 weeks, and both our hearts are breaking. We feel like we are wasting our lives away, as we are very anxious to start our life together. It is really quite unbearable, but we both manage to not think about it at all, but we can't just keep going on like this. We need this bulls--- to end, and get him here, and get things rolling.

Very Sincerely,

Carol

Carol.

you said>>>

My fiance stated that we should address the last thing they requested so we don't keep going through this.

what do you mean by that? does the consulate want more info? what did the consulate request that was not done? as soon as he does all that the consulate askes of him they will tell him what the next step is.

chi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

having read your message i decided to write you a few lines ,hopefully you feel better soon. however, let me inform you that everything is going to be all right. :) it's a matter of waiting and being patient. i already know that there are a times when you feel your patience is running thin , though you should stick to hope because after all our love worths sacrifices and wait. wish you all the luck !!

there is no specific time for AP/AR. It could be whenever, that is the bad part, I hope that it won't be much longer for you both. I hope you will have good news soon. just hang in there.

Hi Everyone,

Very Sincerely,

Carol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The dreaded AP (administrative processing) means that you are more than likely going through the FBI background checks. There is nothing that you can do to speed up this process. hicham's file was in AP for over a year. This is definitely not the norm, but it is a lengthy process. The best advice that I can offer is to just stay connected with your SO and try and keep yourself busy as well. It makes the time pass much more quickly. Just be strong and KNOW that this will pass and your waiting will soon be at an end. :)

Good Luck!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It will all work out. Don't worry it's just an awful process to have to got through.

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.