Passing.star

medical

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone tell me what sort of physical examination do they do to you? Just wonderin'

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
  • Blood draw
  • Chest X-ray
  • Exam by doctor: throat, ears, lungs (listens with stethoscope), ears, chest and abdomen exam (pressing with his hands), small talk to determine mental status, questions about what you filled out on the form (e.g., hospital stays)
  • Vision test
  • Height and weight measured
Dunno if it's exactly the same with every doctor, but that's what it was like for me. Not a problem.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can anyone tell me what sort of physical examination do they do to you? Just wonderin'
They check your body (while being naked). Urine & blood samples. Chest X-Ray. They'll ask you questions like medical conditions you may had in the past, any past surgeries, when is the last time you had sex, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
They check your body (while being naked). Urine & blood samples. Chest X-Ray. They'll ask you questions like medical conditions you may had in the past, any past surgeries, when is the last time you had sex, etc.

I didn't have to give a urine sample, and I wasn't asked when I last had sex. But I was asked when my last period was.

I was also asked about a health condition I listed on the form (just another condition that isn't a problem if the patient is treated). The doctor only wanted to know when I began treatment for it and the type and dose of medication I take for it. I had a letter from my doctor about it and my last lab results, but they weren't needed. (But I was glad I had them just in case.)

I was given a paper sheet to cover me for the exam by the doctor, which he partially removed for the prodding part. I was allowed to keep my underwear on.

It sounds like it depends in part on the doctor you go to.

Do a search for medical reviews of the doctor you'll be going to, and you'll get more information. :)

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What they are concerned about is whether or not you have any of contagious diseases such HIV, TB, STDs. So, they draw your blood to test for those things.

Then, other checkups are just common ones like others said here: Wt., Ht., vision (including if your are colorblind), vital signs (Temp, pulse rates, Respiration rates, and blood pressure).

they also ask when your last period was if you are female just to see if you are possibly pregnant. Besides that the doctor just ask you (in my case) about my past health history, e.g., past surgery or hospitalization.

It was easy and quick for me. I wouldn't worry if you are pretty much a healthy person with no contagious diseases mentioned above.

Good luck. (F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

I didn't have to give a urine sample, and I wasn't asked when I last had sex. But I was asked when my last period was.

I was also asked about a health condition I listed on the form (just another condition that isn't a problem if the patient is treated). The doctor only wanted to know when I began treatment for it and the type and dose of medication I take for it. I had a letter from my doctor about it and my last lab results, but they weren't needed. (But I was glad I had them just in case.)

I was given a paper sheet to cover me for the exam by the doctor, which he partially removed for the prodding part. I was allowed to keep my underwear on.

Do a search for medical reviews of the doctor you'll be going to, and you'll get more information. :)

What they check for and how they check depends on the country! You take your underwear off and spread your pins in the Philippines. Not to long ago they were still doing an IE. Turned out one of the doctors was a dike and getting a bit carried away and fired her.

No IEs anymore but they take a look.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't need to! This was some of my wife's medical experience.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Details of the exam depend on the clinic. We had very different experiences at the clinic my wife used for her K1 (which went onto the negative side of sexual harassment) and the clinic we used for her K3.

Chest X-rays are typical in Russia (perhaps elsewhere, too) to look for TB. In Russia they used to (maybe still do) innoculate kids with an ineffective TB vaccine that gives positive skin tests but doesn't protect against respiratory TB.

Blood work is used to look for HIV and STDs. (Why can't they use this to ascertain gender, and remove opportunities for harassment?)

My wife got an unnecessary vaccine at her K3 exam. Be aware that K applicants do not need to complete necessary vaccines until AOS. You might be able to delay vaccination and, if savvy, avoid unnecessary ones.

Depending on the clinic, the country, and other uncontrollables (including international events) the exam can be routine and professional or an ocassion for abusive hazzing.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

So what about the hospital stays?

If you've ever stayed in a hospital overnight are you supposed to bring paperwork for it?

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
So what about the hospital stays?

If you've ever stayed in a hospital overnight are you supposed to bring paperwork for it?

My wife didn't. Was your hospital stay recent?

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just stated my hospital stays and the approximate dates, and the doctor wrote them down.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

For the Philippines: (I had posted this before but I will post it again)

MY MEDICAL EXPERIENCE at SLMCEC

(19 March 2007 @1230pm)

1st Day:

Present to the Guard at the Entrance the following:

1. Appointment letter (original and Photocopy)
  2. Passport
  3. He gave me the PDS forms (Patient Data Sheet) that I need to fill-up. Just fill-up those with the “check marks”. You can fill this up inside the lobby.
  • Patient Data – Your name, DOB, POB, age, Address,
  • Petitioner’s Data – name, address, phone number, relation to petitioner
  • POE
  • The guard also put a stamp on my right hand.
FIRST FLOOR/LOBBY:

After filling-up the forms, I presented the forms and passport to the USA Information Counter. They will check what you wrote there and will ask for a photo ID (2x2 -> write your name at the back of the picture). She gave me a number and was asked to go to the Photo Room for picture taking. This is behind the Info counter. Then I was asked to go to the 5th Floor to pay at the cashier.

5th FLOOR:

> From the elevator, go to the extreme right for the cashier. I paid p4655.00. Then I was asked to proceed to 3rd floor for the CXR.

3rd FLOOR:

1. Presented the forms and passport to the Table Counter. Then I was asked to seat and wait for my name to be called.
  2. Name called, they gave me papers to sign. Asked me to write my LMP (Last Menstrual Period) on the documents and signed it. I was asked to take a seat again.
  3. Name called. I was asked to write and sign my name on their log book and made to sign a piece of white paper for the CXR. They gave me my forms and passport and were asked to proceed to the (female) changing area.
  4. Took off upper shirt and brassiere and wore the gown and waited for my turn for the CXR. Radiology technician gave me back my forms and passport and told me to proceed to 4th floor for the laboratory exams.
4th FLOOR:
  1. I walked up the stairs to the fourth floor. I gave my forms and passport to the counter (on the left side from the stairs). The lady gave me the HIV waiver form for me to sign. I gave that back to her and she gave me a vial and urine specimen container. She told me to proceed to the Laboratory straight ahead and to the right.
  2. I am 5th on the line. Lady Medical Technologist extracted blood, and asked me for my urine specimen. You have to use the rest room inside the laboratory. Gave it back to them and was asked to wait again.
  3. My name was called at the counter; lady gave me my forms back and was asked to proceed to 5th floor. I saw that they tested for Syphilis, HIV and pregnancy test. Urine exam is also used to test for drugs.
5th FLOOR:
  1. I gave my forms to the USA counter (right side counter since the left side counter is for the Canada, Australia and New Zealand applicants). The lady told me to wait again.
  2. Name called. I was asked to proceed to ROOM 1 for the EYE CHECK-UP. After the eye check-up I was asked to give the forms to the counter again. Waiting time again.
  3. Name called. Height and weight. Waiting time again.
  4. Name called. Vital signs. Waiting time again.
  5. Name called. Immunization interview.
  6. She asked me if I had Chickenpox and asked for the scar. She noted where the scar is. She told me I will only need MMR then asked me to go to back the USA counter. Waiting time again.
  7. After this, you can take a few minutes break to eat, since there will be a longer waiting time to wait for the PE.
  8. Name called. Lady at USA Counter gave me my forms and gave me a number for room number 6.
OOM NUMBER 6 (Dr. AT).
  1. She asked me to undress.
  2. Asked me to lie down. Checked my heart beat (stethoscope on my left chest). Palpated my abdomen while asking me if I had been pregnant or any abortions. Then she asked me to raise my arms up and palpated for my breast.
  3. Then she asked me to lie on my left side, knees on chest, and she examined my private area (just look of course, no touching and no IE).
  4. Then she asked me to take a sit and dangle my legs. She palpated for my thyroids while asking me to swallow (2 xs).
  5. I was asked to dress-up.
  6. She asked me the following:
  • Any operations/hospitalizations
  • Any heart disease, Diabetes
  • If I had taken any medicines like Marijuana/shabu (etc)
  • If I had criminal records/behaviors
  • If I have dentures? Complete set of teeth? She didn’t even check my throat/teeth.
  • Earring holes? How many? One of the applicants was asked to go back to the 4th floor (Laboratory) for additional exams because she has multiple earring holes.
>That’s it. Don’t worry about the PE because they don’t even do a thorough PE!!!

> I went back to the USA Counter and the lady gave me back the receipt and my passport. I was told to go back there tomorrow at 130pm for my vaccine and releasing of results.

MY 2ND DAY OF MEDICAL EXAM:

1. I arrived there at 1230pm. Showed the loby guard my receipt and passport. He stamped my receipt that said: "COUNTER A" then told me to drop the receipt on counter A- Ground floor and wait for my name to be called.
  2. After a long wait of 3-1/2 hours, I heard my name called through their PA system and for me to go to Imminuzation room at the 2nd floor.
  3. 2nd FLOOR: IMMUNIZATION ROOM: The nurse asked for my passport? My last mens? Any allergies? Then she gave me the MMR vaccine. Gave me back the passport with a piece of paper for Vaccine Precautions, then she told me to go back to ground floor for the releasing.
  4. Medical results and documents will be released not on a first come-first served basis but depending on the Physical Examination and laboratory results which will be conducted and processed in accordance with the Guidelines set by the US Department of State, the US Embassy and CDC. This is the reason for the long wait.
  5. After an hour, my name was called at Window/Counter E. The nurse asked for my passport and 2 pictures (2x2 and write name on the back of the pics). She asked me to sign the PDS form (left lower hand corner of 1st page) for the releasing of the CXR plates. She gave me my Immunization record (personal copy) and told me that I need to have the TD shots in the US since it is not routinely given and not available here. She said we don't need to bring the CXR plate and Immunization record during the interview, but we need to bring it with us to the US. She said they will be the one to forward the medical results/records and the passport to USEM for our interview.
  6. They advise that we photocopy our personal copy of Immunization Record for future use (Especially for those who will have to Adjust Status).
FOR those who had surgical procedures done (Major or Minor, especially if you have scars), prepare for the Medical Certificate indicating the diagnosis and procedures/treatments given.

FOR applicants who had vaccination records, bring the certificate (Vaccine, dose and dates given).

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by vsmtghdy

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.