ayesha4akram

Friday!

28 posts in this topic

aww Jackie sounds like you got some good medicine last night!!!!!! You are well on your way to recovery I think! :thumbs: Wish you could come over my house for iftar some night!!!!! I'll make the greek soup that I fell in love with last night! Here's' the recipe:

http://www.kolias.com/homegarden/recipes/greeksoup.htm

Greek Avgolemono Soup Here is the recipe for that famous and delicious Greek Avgolemono soup (a.k.a. Greek soup, lemon soup, chicken and lemon soup, chicken and lemon and egg soup). It may be known by different names, but we often just call it THE soup.

Ingredients:

8 cups chicken broth.

3 medium eggs.

1/2 cup rice.

Juice from two lemons.

Salt.

1. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Salt to taste.

2. Add rice, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Remove from fire.

4. In a blender, beat the three eggs, slowly add the lemon juice to the eggs.

5. Add one cup of chicken broth, do not stop blending. The constant blending is the secret to prevent curdling of this delicious soup.

6. When the eggs and broth are well mixed, pour this mixture back into the remaining broth and rice.

7. Stir well over heat, but do not allow to boil.

Serves 6

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds exactly like the one I had last night. I'm cooking it tonight since I'm now addicted so I'll let you know how it is tomorrow.

oh man that sounds like this egg drop soup i used to get at our friday night greek restaurant when i was a kid... sooooooo good.

well, thank god it's friday. hopefully my husband and i will be all the way moved in and sleeping in our new apartment by Sunday. what. a. nightmare. it doesn't help that i married THE most obsessive compulsive person on this planet... and i thought i was bad... geez. :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
What would cause curdling? The lemon and egg? :huh:

J (F)

Well I think they mean to add one cup of the HOT broth to the lemon and egg so the curdling would be from the heat, making the egg be like scrambled eggs instead of soupy consistency.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
aww Jackie sounds like you got some good medicine last night!!!!!! You are well on your way to recovery I think! :thumbs: Wish you could come over my house for iftar some night!!!!! I'll make the greek soup that I fell in love with last night! Here's' the recipe:

http://www.kolias.com/homegarden/recipes/greeksoup.htm

Greek Avgolemono Soup Here is the recipe for that famous and delicious Greek Avgolemono soup (a.k.a. Greek soup, lemon soup, chicken and lemon soup, chicken and lemon and egg soup). It may be known by different names, but we often just call it THE soup.

Ingredients:

8 cups chicken broth.

3 medium eggs.

1/2 cup rice.

Juice from two lemons.

Salt.

1. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Salt to taste.

2. Add rice, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Remove from fire.

4. In a blender, beat the three eggs, slowly add the lemon juice to the eggs.

5. Add one cup of chicken broth, do not stop blending. The constant blending is the secret to prevent curdling of this delicious soup.

6. When the eggs and broth are well mixed, pour this mixture back into the remaining broth and rice.

7. Stir well over heat, but do not allow to boil.

Serves 6

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds exactly like the one I had last night. I'm cooking it tonight since I'm now addicted so I'll let you know how it is tomorrow.

oh man that sounds like this egg drop soup i used to get at our friday night greek restaurant when i was a kid... sooooooo good.

well, thank god it's friday. hopefully my husband and i will be all the way moved in and sleeping in our new apartment by Sunday. what. a. nightmare. it doesn't help that i married THE most obsessive compulsive person on this planet... and i thought i was bad... geez. :lol:

I got it at Restaurant Mediterranean on Route 1 in Lynnfield right next to the Yankee Candle Shop (which I spent $30 at while waiting for the food :whistle: I love that store!!!). I don't know if that's close to you though. It is expensive for a restaurant in my opinion, I ordered the soup, an appetizer of spinach pie, lamb kebab and baklava and all that came to $35!!! I don't think I"ll be going again unless someone ELSE pays but at least now I know I like it and I can make it myself. lol

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Happy Friday to all!

Jackie: Did you feel any better after your cry? I hope you did. I am happy that you had a good meal and hope you continue to take care of yourself!! Good friends, food, and conversation seem like the perfect recipe to help you feel better. ~~~~~~~ (F)

WOW! So many birthdays this week!! For all the b-day people:

habity8.gif

For Tammy:

huggzz1222.gif

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Even tho I am not Muslim, happy Ramadan to everyone! I spent a good portion of my day with my mom helping her bathe for her dialysis tonight. This has been so good for her! With the dialysis she is feeling much better and has lost about 40 of the 80 pounds of excess water weight from CHF. Then got a call from my oldest son that he had fallen at school and needed to be picked up early. Hospital visit and x-rays confirmd a broke arm. I may not be a nurse, but I am sure getting enough practice lately. Maybe when I grow up I can be an RN. LOL

Reading all the recipe threads make me so hungry. Maybe my sons and I will have an Arabic feast the weekend coming up. They think it is such a real treat when mom really cooks.

Happy Birthday to all the birthday folks!! Not another year older but another year wiser.

Have a great Weekend EVERYONE

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
Even tho I am not Muslim, happy Ramadan to everyone! I spent a good portion of my day with my mom helping her bathe for her dialysis tonight. This has been so good for her! With the dialysis she is feeling much better and has lost about 40 of the 80 pounds of excess water weight from CHF. Then got a call from my oldest son that he had fallen at school and needed to be picked up early. Hospital visit and x-rays confirmd a broke arm. I may not be a nurse, but I am sure getting enough practice lately. Maybe when I grow up I can be an RN. LOL

Reading all the recipe threads make me so hungry. Maybe my sons and I will have an Arabic feast the weekend coming up. They think it is such a real treat when mom really cooks.

Happy Birthday to all the birthday folks!! Not another year older but another year wiser.

Have a great Weekend EVERYONE

Hi Tammy I just read your post about your mother being on Dialysis. I am a RN who been a Dialysis Nurse for Years seems like. I really love my job. I just want to direct you to a site if you want to learn more about your mother's dialysis and all the associated problems that can arise. Here it is http://www.ihatedialysis.com

It's a site for patients and their familes. If you have any questions feel free to msg me.

Take Care,

Angel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy friday night to allllllll. Im so happy the work week is over, Though im spending my weekend building websites for cairo shopping money, just being at home with Lucy(my boxer dog) is a relief even if im busy...

Jackie Im so sorry your suffering through this breakup - Its clear you feel soooo much. Im happy to hear you ate a good meal and stuck out the night. Just keep on keeping on and life will fall back into place....

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

Ok so I cannot vouch for the soup. :(

I put the broth in the pan, boiled it, put the rice in and simmered for 20 min covered. Then I blended the egg, lemon juice and broth and mixed it in with the remaining broth. That last part made the egg curdle. That's not the bad part though.................

I was stirring it thinking I'll eat it even though you could see the tiny egg pieces. I was going to break my fast with it after the dates and then go get the pizza for us to eat. Well I saw a little black thing in it. I did NOT put pepper in this and to the best of my knowledge chicken broth has no black things in it so I scooped it out. It was a little bug with wings. Fine I thought, I do have a few fruit flies in the house as I normally get around this time of year. (though it's usually around World Series time but anyways....). Then I found another.......................and another........................and another.......................the soup is pretty cloudy so unless you stirred it up you really couldn't see them. Well finally I said forget this I'm not eating bugs for iftar!!!

I checked the only possible ingrediant that could have bugs..........EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I poured out the rice from the box and lo and behold it was INFESTED WITH THESE TINY BUGS WITH WINGS!!! :blink::blink::blink: I had JUST bought it at Stop n Shop too! Luckily I never even put it in the cupboard so they didn't get out to find other things. I dumped out the soup and there were a lot of little dead bugs with wings.

I'm never cooking that soup again. lol. I had minestrone and pizza instead. :(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Doodle, do you think the egg just cooked itself and became scrambled? Did you temper the egg mixture with the hot broth?

Timeline
Doodle, do you think the egg just cooked itself and became scrambled? Did you temper the egg mixture with the hot broth?

I don't think I tempered it properly because I had to stop stirring for a full minute. :(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.