Hilarious Clinton

1 year extension stamp received in Boston

11 posts in this topic

My wife did her biometrics in Hartford on Tuesday and went to Boston today to get the stamp. We received the biometrics letter but never the NOA. The officer said we should have received the NOA1 (no sh##. that's why she had to go to Boston).

She can now go to the DMV and do her driving test. They wouldn't let her do it because her GC was expiring.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

goooo Mrs. Strike ! :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Congrats :thumbs: Claudeth's time is coming up in November :wacko: Can't believe how the time has flown by

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

goooo Mrs. Strike ! :dance:

woot! she went alone. I'm very proud.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

I have very similar situation. Need to get DL, got biometrics appoint but not NOA1. Went today for Infopass. They took GC and stamped my passport but the stamp is good for 6 months only since today (GC expired a month ago). Told that thats how they do it - I might choose between keeping my GC and waiting my extension letter or lose my GC and get a stamp. I chose the second as I needed to go get my licence NOW.

LuckyStrike, did they take ur wife's GC?

is stamp valid for 1 year, not 6 monthS????

what DMV saying, are they accepting the stamp???

I have very similar situation. Need to get DL, got biometrics appoint but not NOA1. Went today for Infopass. They took GC and stamped my passport but the stamp is good for 6 months only since today (GC expired a month ago). Told that thats how they do it - I might choose between keeping my GC and waiting my extension letter or lose my GC and get a stamp. I chose the second as I needed to go get my licence NOW.

1. LuckyStrike, did they take ur wife's GC?

2. is stamp valid for 1 year, not 6 monthS????

3. what DMV saying, are they accepting the stamp???

1. no. she still has it (expires 10/3)

2. yes, 1 year

3. not sure yet. I'll get back to you next week

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Timeline
On a side note, we were at Hartford yesterday the 14th for my husband's biometrics, and I was SHOCKED at how small and "non state of the art" the office was!!

Glad to see some Hartford area folks on this thread. My wife had her biometrics done at the Hartford ASC office (on Pearl Street), and I have to agree that this is the most disappointing office (a government office notwithstanding) that I have been to. The demeanor of the person at the office was also rather unprofessional. If you accompany your spouse for the biometrics, be prepared to wait outside the building on the street while the biometrics is completed (which could take up to an hour or more). I found this treatment to be similar to what one would endure at a US Consulate in a third-world country. I was sorry to see this inside the US. Anyway, we are glad to be done with the biometrics.

Is there any experience on an infopass appointment at Hartford for the GC extension stamp on the passport? Do they give a 6-month extension or a 1 year extension at Hartford?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The demeanor of the person at the office was also rather unprofessional. If you accompany your spouse for the biometrics, be prepared to wait outside the building on the street while the biometrics is completed (which could take up to an hour or more). I found this treatment to be similar to what one would endure at a US Consulate in a third-world country. I was sorry to see this inside the US.

This is common practice at all district and ASC offices -- they do not allow any extranneous people into the building. If your spouse can understand English, and does not require a translator, then they only let in your spouse and not you. Jerry was only let into the building at OKC for the appointment that he was supposed to attend -- ie. our AOS interview.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The demeanor of the person at the office was also rather unprofessional. If you accompany your spouse for the biometrics, be prepared to wait outside the building on the street while the biometrics is completed (which could take up to an hour or more). I found this treatment to be similar to what one would endure at a US Consulate in a third-world country. I was sorry to see this inside the US.

This is common practice at all district and ASC offices -- they do not allow any extranneous people into the building. If your spouse can understand English, and does not require a translator, then they only let in your spouse and not you. Jerry was only let into the building at OKC for the appointment that he was supposed to attend -- ie. our AOS interview.

yeah, it says something like that right on the BIO appointment letter ....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

On a side note, we were at Hartford yesterday the 14th for my husband's biometrics, and I was SHOCKED at how small and "non state of the art" the office was!!

Glad to see some Hartford area folks on this thread. My wife had her biometrics done at the Hartford ASC office (on Pearl Street), and I have to agree that this is the most disappointing office (a government office notwithstanding) that I have been to. The demeanor of the person at the office was also rather unprofessional. If you accompany your spouse for the biometrics, be prepared to wait outside the building on the street while the biometrics is completed (which could take up to an hour or more). I found this treatment to be similar to what one would endure at a US Consulate in a third-world country. I was sorry to see this inside the US. Anyway, we are glad to be done with the biometrics.

Is there any experience on an infopass appointment at Hartford for the GC extension stamp on the passport? Do they give a 6-month extension or a 1 year extension at Hartford?

Thanks.

We live jut outside Springfield, MA. Our biometrics was in Hartford but the infopass sent us to Boston. She went alone and forgot to turn her phone off. She said they were pissed.

For the record they let me in for her biometrics NY (Long Island). It wasn't a problem. I wasn't with her at Hartford though.

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.