b&c

A Description of our USE interview ...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I'm Bobby with just a few words of introduction. Cathy is from Cebu and we first exchanged emails in July, 2004. I met her and spent four days with her in Cebu in 2005, again in 2006, and then 13 glorious days in the summer of 2007. We filed for our I-129 in February, 2007. It was approved in early July, 2007, Cathy's medical exam was July 26, 2007 and her interview at the US embassy was on August 2, 2007.

My summary is that everything went well. We dotted lots of i's and crossed lots of t's, just like so many of the rest of you. This forum helped immeasurably, especially with the little things where someone just needs to tell you what to do. An example would be "do you glue or staple your picture to the form?" It seems like such a small thing, but when you are going thru it, it's seems huge! We were also very fortunate to have my friend Steve, who is married to Dao (she is from Thailand,) basically give us their papers to serve as a blueprint. They had recently completed all of the same process for Dao's travel to the USA. He had received excellent advice from his sister who is an immigration attorney. So, obviously we are indebted to Steve and Dao for all their help!

In spite of all the details we all go through, there were some details on my work that wasn't exactly perfect. One example: as I was reviewing paperwork I sent for our I-129, I noticed I checked both "male" and "female" for my sex! WHAT!?!? How could I be so stupid?? Apparently someone at a desk somewhere (with a sense of humor) let me off the hook. Also, I know this process could be lots faster, but frankly we were braced for maybe a year or more wait until she would arrive in LA. So obviously we were more than pleasantly surprised when her envelope with medical and interview appointments arrived in early July! I honestly never did call anyone, except for a call or two in the very beginning to the US Dept. of Homeland Security. From then on, everything went fairly smoothly for us. For us, from the time from when I sent the application for the I-129 until she will arrive in the USA next week = 7 months and 1 week.

I would also add, as you read Cathy's account of her interview below, that a lot of credit goes to HER. I know she studied, I know she was polite, punctual, and responsive to the interviewers at the USE. My impression at this point is that all of her studying and politeness went a long way to make this successful.

Cathy asked me to correct her English errors below; I did correct a few, but I think it loses the effect of her description if I alter it too much. And for those of you with Filipina fiances or fiancees, you already can understand her account without me revising it anyway.

Finally, the day is soon to arrive when she is here! I won't believe it until I see her smiling little face in LA next week! This is the start of something really, really good!

Good luck to all of you and thank you very much for those of you that have helped to make this whole thing happen!

AUGUST 02, 2007

THURSDAY

7:30AM

On the day of my interview, i woke up at 3am...

I arrived at embassy at 4am....

When I arrived there at the embassy (outside), a few people was there already..

A vendor offer a rent chair to sit while waiting...i payed 20pesos for the chair..

About an hour later the guard told us to go get inside the gate...

At the entance gate, the guard ask a Valid ID and appointment letter..

So when i get inside, again were sat down again and wait to be called to get inside the embassy..

I was the 5th of the line....

About an hour again, the five were called to get inside the embassy..

The lady look my at appointment letter...

I put my things for security check at the scanner, of corz NO celfone and other electronic device allowed inside embassy...

After that i went to immigrant unit, and then the guard assist where to be seated...

After a few minutes, the first five were called to go to the ticket booth..

Of corz i was included becoz i am the 5th one..

At the ticket booth, the lady ask for the appointment letter, and the ds-forms with pictures glued, and the ds-i56k..

As what i've seen the lady arrange my ds-forms, like

1. appointment letter on the top

2. 2 copies of ds-156 original copy from your packet, filled out and with picture glued

3. 2 copies of ds-157 filled out the fist one attached with the form stamped by the bank as a proof of payment..

4. ds-i56k

After giving those ds-forms the lady give me a quee # mine is 7005...i got this # at 6:24am

I sat down again to where i was seated. About an hour again, my # flash on the board to go to window 19, so this is a pre-interview..it was a filipino man, Of course i greeted him good morning with a smile...and he greeted back with a smile.

he ask these questions,

1. When and How did you met your fiance?

I answered: I met him in an internet dating site..We started email in July of 2004, sir

2. What site? and i told him.

3. Did he visited you? Yes sir, 3 times..

4. What is the age of your fiance?

5. And my age..

6. When is my birthday.

After that he ask my NBI, CENOMAR and Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO..

And also he ask the I-134 Affidavit of support from my fiance...

And he ask what is the relation of a family member ... named Jim, I told the man that he is the son-in-law of my fiance Robert..

And i told him that Jim was the husband of the daughter of my fiance...

He said, so he is the a child of your fiance...And I really insist, No sir, he is only the son-in-law of my fiance the husband of his daughter..

The man said, so he is like now a child of your fiance...

And I said, Ok Sir...to stop the conversation...

And now, he ask me if i have some pictures, emails and cards..

I give him almost 30 pics, and all the cards i received from my fiance and some emails...And I offered also the cards that i received from his daughter, but then i think no need because he thinks i have plenty.

And he ask if my fiance send me some money, and then he ask the receipts...so, i give him all the receipts since the very begining up to the last..

While i am giving those papers that he ask from me, i give it with some words..to explain a little to him

While he organized my papers and other documents...I try to talk to him for a while but he is busy keeping the papers and put a big clip to keep all of those papers including cards and pictures..

And i think he did not look at all the pictures, and even read even one of my emails...huhuh?? i want him read one of those and see some other pics of Bobby and me...

I think i had only 10-15 minutes with him...

He said ok, just wait for your number to be called again..

I went back to where i was seated, 30 minutes after my name was called to go to window 16 for finger scanning...it is very easy to do, and someone will assist you to do so..

Went back to where i was seated, 20 minutes after my # was flash at the queing board tells to go to window 28..

So, when i go to window 28, i wait for a while coz there was still one girl interviewed..

So, this was the final interview with the consul...

When i get inside, I smiled at her and greeted...and she greeted back and smile...

She is an american girl and very nice and polite...

This was her questions,

1. What does your fiance do for a living?

I said, he is a jeweler...

2. What kind of jewelry?

I said, ma'm any jewelry, like ring and earring....and i show my engagement ring to her he made... and i said ma'am he sells and designs jewelry..

3. Was he divorced?

yes, ma'am..one time... and she said ok, he was divorced...we say that together..

4. Does he has children? we say this together again..often she ask and we answer together.

I said, yes ma'am he has 4 children..and she said ok, he has children..

5. Do you intend to work in the US?

I said, NO ma'am...

6. Do you have children? And i said, with an expression on my face...i said NOoooo, ma'am.. and she said, hmm no, ah, not yet....and she smiled at me..

7. AND she ask the age of my fiance and my age..

After encoding on the computer my information, she said OK, you can now wait at the waiting area...and she make an approved sign with her thumb up..

I am so happy and say thank you ma'am.... a bit louder voice of mine than usual...and she said, Thank you very much...And again I said, thank you so much ma'am..before i left at her area...

So, that was understood that i am approved, because she did not return my passport and other documents...

She just returned my pics and emails and the cards that they ask from me...

So, while waiting... I talk a little to my fellow applicants and give some advice, because they call me and ask what are the question ask by the consul?...I just told them, dont worry it is very easy and you don't have to be scared, they were nice and polite...

When i saw my # flash on the board, i went to window 37, a guy give me a pink slip and my appointment letter...And he said, you can now pay the DELBROS, and you can go home after and wait for your VISA delivered to you...

DELBROS people give you a form to fill in....put your exact address...

and contact #..

I payed 165.00 pesos...

After that, a big smile on my lil face...as when I walk out from the embassy.....I look where my Tiya C (Aunt C) waiting for me outside...i did not see her right away, she is the one who call my name to me, because i just keep on smiling....

I call right away my beloved fiance to tell him my success at my interview...he is happy and proud for the two of us...we work very hard for this..

And i call also my mother and father on the phone at CEBU to tell them, i cant wait till i can get home...i like to call them doesn't matter the cost, my happiness is priceless and costless...

Before i really expect it would be difficult...i was really really very nervous and i don't have enough sleep the night before the day of my interview...

I was lucky i tried to be very very prepared and confident to talk to them...Of corz I tried so much to be sincere and honest in every word i said...

And that's the end, and now it's the beginning again for us, and we are happy beyond words! Our hope is that our account here will help someone, even just a little.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

I really loved Cebu. We always stay at the Holiday Plaza when we go there. :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

nice post, Congratulations to both of you :thumbs:

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.