aijan

two I-130 questions

4 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

my husband and i have two questions about the I-130.

Q-n°18 - address in the US where your relative(wife in our case) intends to live?

what will be our answer? since my husband is sharing an apartment with a friend and he (my husband) plans to move to an other apartment as soon as we'll be by the end of the spouse visa and my coming. we don't have an idea about the neighborhood or city yet !!

Q-n°21 - give last address at which you lived together?

when my husband comes to Morocco, he stays with me at the studio that my parents are giving me and where i'm living. should i write this address

thanks you all in advance for your help :)

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Q-n°18 - address in the US where your relative(wife in our case) intends to live?

Q-n°21 - give last address at which you lived together?

#18 - put your husbands home address ... USCIS does not care about your future intentions.

#21 - your home address.

Right guys ?

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Timeline

Ah, see this is what snagged us in the interview. I am staying temporarily at a residence that is not in any way in my name. However because I had to show an address, I used the one where I am staying. Obviously. I had to find a job and my own place upon returning to the States so Mohammed and I could start our life here, which I have done. My apartment is under construction, and because of inevitable construction delays, is due to be completed in a few weeks. I thought there would be no problem and at no time was my intention to try to scam the government. The Embassy was aware of my temporary situation via background checks (none of the bills at this address are in my name) and questioned my fiance about it. He explained the situation and he was given a 221g until we could produce a copy of my lease. We just sent the lease to the Embassy on Thursday and are now awaiting their decision.

Domicile is important to the government when it comes to visas. As long as you can produce something that is tangibly YOUR domicile by the time all this finalizes you should be okay. Perhaps laying the situation out on the table in a cover letter might not be a bad idea. This, of course, is all just my own view.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.