Carlawarla

Corner Gas

17 posts in this topic

Gene and I watch little if any TV except for Cardinals and Rams games...hehe Last night however having watched an afternoon ballgame, and my eyes hurting a bit from reading a book which had very small print, I turned on the TV and went "surfing". OMG, I couldn't believe it!!! Corner Gas on TV!!!!

WGN Superstation (whatever that is, and I have no idea where it even comes from!) is now showing this TV show!! Two half hour back to back last night. I laughed and laughed....I love this show. Brought back many many memories. I was SO homesick :crying:

Here's a link from the station. Maybe it's playing in your area?

http://wgnsuperstation.trb.com/entertainme...ncable-home-nav

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man.. going to have to check out that!!

Hubby likes the show too.. brilliant TV really.. now if they'd get little Mosque on the Prairie too!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have seasons 1-3 on dvd, and I think the fourth season comes out this month. I heard they were going to play it in the U.S., but didn't remember what channel. My mother-in-law doesn't understand why we like this show, but it makes both me and the hubby laugh.

Edited by designermedusa

((Success))

I actually a few episodes of Corner Gas on DVD while visiting my Canadian friend in MD, and she got me hooked. I'm so happy to hear that it's playing in the US now. :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Love Corner Gas long time!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I haven't watched the show since I posted this comment! It seems it was on WGN as this "intro" program for a couple of weeks and now they're advertising it as being on weeknights at 11 p.m. We get up at 5:00 a.m. as Gene has to be out of here for work at 5:30 a.m. We're usually in bed by 10:00 p.m. at the latest. Darn! We've tried taping, but we have digital cable, and for some stupid reason, we're getting nothing but snow. Might be cheaper and more SANE to just buy the season's DVD's.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I'm hoping to get season 4 for Christmas.

Does anyone watch Robson Arms? I have only seen season 1, but I think I like it better than Corner Gas.

((Success))

sorry that show sucks ha!

How interesting that no one has jumped on you for saying something sucks, but I get reamed for saying something similar....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :devil:

*sigh* Give it up harley....

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Corner Gas was released into 35 million American homes this season. Should be interesting to see how it fares in the USA. It will be an aquired taste, but we love it.

SR

SR

Timeline: For IR-1 - DCF

Aug. 28/07 I-130 delivered and approved at Calgary Consulate

Sept. 7/07 I-130 Forwarded to Montreal from Calgary

Oct. 10/07 Packet 3 Received in the mail (reglular snail mail)

Oct. 11/07 DS-230 Returned to Montreal (regular snail mail)

Oct. 15/07 Checklist Returned to Montreal (regular snail mail)

Feb. 11/08 Received email with interview date set for March 12/08

Feb. 20/08 Medical in Vancouver

Feb. 21/08 Received interview letter in mail with correct address on it - finally

Mar. 12/08 Interview in Montreal, Visa approved

Mar. 17/08 Visa arrives in mail

Mar. 29/08 Crossed the border at Sweetgrass, Montana: Set up residence at Williston, ND

April. 18/08 Green Card arrived in the mail

April 21/08 Social Security arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have seen a few episodes and thought they were pretty funny! And have seen it on down here in the USA,just dont have enough time to watch it!! Too many shows already backed up on Tivio,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I forgot to mention in the previous post that this is a pretty good show and the few people that I've shown this to down here have all liked it. Too bad it doesn't come on tv in my area.

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for posting this. I think you can buy "seasons", on cbc.ca but not sure. I know that the ones I've watched on WGN have been from the first season, and I've seen them before. Maybe the market will open up and you can see it in Texas soon!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.