gogal2020

Visa to Russia

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey all,

I am sure this questions has been discussed, but here it goes. What's the best way to get a visa to Russia, and has anyone had any problems getting one? We are thinking of visiting Elena's parents over the New years, and since she doesnt need a visa to go there, I need to get one, but a bit confused from where, a travel agency or directly from the embassy.

Thank you,

Mike.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey all,

I am sure this questions has been discussed, but here it goes. What's the best way to get a visa to Russia, and has anyone had any problems getting one? We are thinking of visiting Elena's parents over the New years, and since she doesnt need a visa to go there, I need to get one, but a bit confused from where, a travel agency or directly from the embassy.

The visa always comes from the embassy, though you may pay a travel agent to send it there for you.

Cheapest way is for your family in Russia to get a homestay visa invitation for you. Once they do, they mail it to you in the US. You then send this homestay visa invitation along with your passport to the Embassy. This takes a few months.

You can also get a tourist visa, which requires your family to do nothing (they do need to register the visa when you get there). You need a tourist invitation for this, so you may as well use a visa company. Gotorussia did my last one.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You get the visa directly from the Embassy. However, you must secure either a Tourist Voucher or Business Letter Of Invitation, prior to applying. The later is for a Business Visa that will allow you to stay for up to 1 year with a required exit in 6 months where as the former is for a Tourist Visa and valid for a maximum of 30 days. If you aren't planning on staying longer than 30 days it is the cheaper route to go. My fiancée and I have a cooperation agreement with a tourist group in Russia and can get you an invitation of either type. You can contact us offlist, if interested, through our website. :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Gotorussia.com

thats how my man got it.I advice to apply direct for business multi visa for a year that costs 600usd.

If you get just one entry tourist its 300usd.

they very cool people to deal with:)at least in San Francisco:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Gotorussia.com

thats how my man got it.I advice to apply direct for business multi visa for a year that costs 600usd.

Wow, where did those prices come from???

Same day processing and return?

I'm sending off tomorrow for my tourist visa and invitation at $160 with Russia-visa.com.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

I only paid the actual visa fee which is $100 at the consulate, no third parties. Go private visa if your fiancée can handle the Russian system of getting you an invitation for something like 400 rubles or less. Good for 90 days.

Timeline

Well, my wife is here with me so it is not so easy to get an invitation, and as I am not a poor student I can well afford 60 bucks to let a third party get the invitation and do the rest of it for me. BUT...$300 is way too much.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline

In regards to the third party visa help, I am hesitant to send my passport to people (or a company) I don't know, over the internet. How do I get it directly from the embassy, by me going there in person. Do I need a letter from Elena's parents from Russia, or can I write one up myself :P?

Thanks,

Mike.

Timeline
In regards to the third party visa help, I am hesitant to send my passport to people (or a company) I don't know, over the internet. How do I get it directly from the embassy, by me going there in person. Do I need a letter from Elena's parents from Russia, or can I write one up myself :P?
Her parents need a copy of your passport so send it by email. Then they need to go where the old OVIR used to be at and ask about inviting a foreigner for a homestay visa. They will then tell them how much to pay the bank and what to fill out. The invitation will be generated by the Russian government and given to her parents. They then mail the invitation to you. You take that invitation plus the regular application form and either personally give it to the consulate or mail it.

Read up on it:

http://www.consulrussia.org/visa_frame.files/Visa_Page.htm

Thanks,

Mike.

Prepaid FedEx, DHL, or the like is usually included in the price of the third party "help."

You need an invitation letter from someone in Russia. If it's a private party ("Homestay") they have to get some stuff from OVIR or wherever they do it now, and send it to you. You take that letter with your passport (or send it to) the embassy and they make the visa for you then give (send) it back.

See Satellite's post about "homestay" visas. He's actually done one, so that makes him much more knowledgeable than the rest of us.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Gotorussia.com

Wow, where did those prices come from???

Same day processing and return?

I'm sending off tomorrow for my tourist visa and invitation at $160 with Russia-visa.com.

Yes its same day for tourist visa and business is not same day.

Timeline

Last time I went to the place where they issue invitations was in june.So here are the news:It takes around 1,5 months the fastest to do the private invitation.

for that your women or someone that invites should have a bank account with 2000 usd on it,should provide bunch of papers from work etc.Its very hard.I tried in Vladimir.Hope for you it will be easier.But I figured: If you going to visit during year several times better do a business visa.good luck!

Last time I went to the place where they issue invitations was in june.So here are the news:It takes around 1,5 months the fastest to do the private invitation.

for that your women or someone that invites should have a bank account with 2000 usd on it,should provide bunch of papers from work etc.Its very hard.I tried in Vladimir.Hope for you it will be easier.But I figured: If you going to visit during year several times better do a business visa.good luck!

Just a friendly reminder, in the U.S. you can get by with spelling words incorrectly..... but if you put a comma where a period (decimal point) goes..... you could lose thousands of USD!!!!!

You'll start to notice all kinds of little things like this now that you're here. Most of them are actually pretty stupid, but that's how we do things here. "So what if the rest of the world uses the Metric System. We're going to stick with this antiquated imperialistic numbering system because that's the way we've always done it and the rest of the world should too. And while they're at it, they should all start speaking English, too!"

It drives my wife bonkers how we do stuff here. I've probably told her a thousand times "well, that's how it works here and there's no way to change it. You have to do it that way or else you can't do it." Just be flexible. That's all you really can do. Good luck. Oh, and good luck with the temperature too, that's always a fun conversion.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
In regards to the third party visa help, I am hesitant to send my passport to people (or a company) I don't know, over the internet. How do I get it directly from the embassy, by me going there in person. Do I need a letter from Elena's parents from Russia, or can I write one up myself :P ?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike, I've been to Russia many times. Each time I go I use Russia-visa.com. They are very quick and reliable. Like Neonred said, only 160 bucks. And they process within 10 days.

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
In regards to the third party visa help, I am hesitant to send my passport to people (or a company) I don't know, over the internet. How do I get it directly from the embassy, by me going there in person. Do I need a letter from Elena's parents from Russia, or can I write one up myself :P ?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike, I've been to Russia many times. Each time I go I use Russia-visa.com. They are very quick and reliable. Like Neonred said, only 160 bucks. And they process within 10 days.

Sent my passport off to Russia-visa.com an hour ago. Was looking through my passport and looks like this is the ninth visa I have received from this company. Never had a problem with them. Certainly the easiest way to get the invitation, and the whole visa process is taken care of very quickly. Several years ago we did the private or homestay visa and it was too much of a hassle with taking too long to get the invitation and mailing it to me.

From then on I stayed with the tourist visa. Only trouble is if you are planning to stay for more than 30 days which was never a factor for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.