Chica Yeyé

Why are people like this....

30 posts in this topic

I hope things work out, Len. Sorry to hear about your flaky friends. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have come to understand MOST people are flaky. Sara and I have 1 friend we can trust. The others we know and assume will simply flake.

The odd thing is this is a California trend. I never experienced that in BC.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hubby's brother and girlfriend moved a few months back.... only my hubby , his dad, and one of the nephews helped them move... even the nephew's dad offered to come by after work to help them move....

now the girlfriend has tonnes of brothers and uncles and a dad who lived right next door and none of them helped.. hubby said the dad said hi and just walked right past them as they were loading up the trucks... :blink:

the tables were turned a few months later when the girlfriend's dad and mom moved and hubby's brother was the only one who helped them move...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

I thought about posting a sign on the college job board, then thought again: the trailer needs to be loaded on a Friday, and I could not in good conscience ask a student to miss one day's class. I will talk to an acquaintance (I will be careful how I use the word friend from now on) who works construction, maybe he knows.... as per teenagers: I would not trust them with our furniture - most of it is antiques. Argh. Thanks y'all.

Peace, L.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm trying to get moving labour as I type - this is crazy, and darn expensive. thanks y'all for the support.

Peace, L.

p.s. and for whoever said hire illegal immigrants - not funny, take your comments elsewhere.

It wasn't a joke. I just moved last month and that is exactly what I had to do. I needed help right NOW. I went to Home Depot and asked some hispanic guys out front if they were looking for work. They said yes and $10.00 an hour later (each) I had 4 of them moving my stuff. Anyone else would have put me on their schedule. You wanted options, there you go...

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Eek, not nice! My ex did that to some friends of ours and did not even have the decency to tell them he was going to bail out of helping them.

College kids don't necessarily have classes every day or all day. Another option might be some of those low-cost local moving companies.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I thought about posting a sign on the college job board, then thought again: the trailer needs to be loaded on a Friday, and I could not in good conscience ask a student to miss one day's class. I will talk to an acquaintance (I will be careful how I use the word friend from now on) who works construction, maybe he knows.... as per teenagers: I would not trust them with our furniture - most of it is antiques. Argh. Thanks y'all.

Peace, L.

Perhaps their are students who don't have classes on Friday. Mind you, when I was starting in university I never attended Friday lectures. Labs, tutorials and tests I couldn't avoid but I almost always took Fridays off. I always tried to catch lectures for other sections (in big classes) or tried to take classes that didn't have Friday classes. I'd much rather sleep at home than in Lash Miller or MacLennan with a few hundred of my fellow somnabulists. :D

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you happen to live in Victoria BC, I'll help!!! (Shot in the dark, I know since most of you are in Ontario.)

Otherwise, I'd say the newspaper or asking students for help sounds like a good idea. I know some full service movers here charge $20-something an hour, which isn't exactly cheap.

Good luck finding some help, I'm sure it will all work out:)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sarah told me yesterday she has no classes on Friday at University..*shrug*, I don't think you'd be pulling any of the students that are willing out of class.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Timeline

craigslist.org if ur in a big city!! free to post. Cities are listed in far right. many Cdn cities. I ahev used it with much success in the DC area

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/ca

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
craigslist.org if ur in a big city!! free to post. Cities are listed in far right. many Cdn cities. I ahev used it with much success in the DC area

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/ca

I'll second craigslist! I've used it to sell stuff before and also to unload our previous apartment and get a new one.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

One can also use craigslist to find cheap labor ie moving people. i have given away a lot of stuff as well, amazing onwhat people will come by and pick up

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.