Hassan /mony

does any one know any age limits on diference of ages

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i had been talking to a group on another site and they were very mean , they would not answer my question directly, and insulted me. I have fallen in love with a guy from Morocco and we have alot in comman and he loves my kids and they love him . I had even written to the consulate in Morocco the same question and know answer yet. has anyone ever been turn down because of a big age diffences? we are planning a june wedding 2008. mony

Edited by mony1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Mony,

I understand that you are very concerned about this as you have posted the question in a few places here.

My opinion is that there is probably not one 'general' thing that will prohibit you from getting a visa for your Husband. I doubt that immigration looks at one item, like 'Oh she is X numbers of years older than he is so we will deny this visa!'.

Make sure that you have all of the proof you need to prove your relationship - then get some more - this will hopefully give you more of a sense of security about having your application approved.

I don't think that anything anyone can say to you will make you feel better, only getting as many documents together as you can, to prove your relationship, will help to calm your fears. Read the guides, read others experiences, find out as much information as you can about the process for his consulate - that will help you feel more comfortable as well.

Best of luck to you!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, I dont think there is one magic number thats the deciding line regarding age. Your case will be looked at as a whole in its entirety. A large age gap can be a 'red flag' and bring more scrutiny on your case so your best bet is to plan ahead and include as much as you can to address the issues in advance..

You can find some very helpful info on this site :)

good luck

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
i had been talking to a group on another site and they were very mean , they would not answer my question directly, and insulted me

i'm truly sorry to hear about that and really sorry to know that there are some people who still insist on judging the other people without even knowing them and sometimes before even listening or thinking .. that's rally sad but it's a real part of the crazy world that we live in .. again i'm truly sorry to har that .

does any one know any age limits on diference of ages

the direct answer is ( as long as you both are over 18 then it's fine and there are no limits )

but to be honest with you .. it seems like that kind of people are not only on the other site where you been .. they are here and there and every where .. so many people claim that the big gap is a "red flag" when you are about to deal with the embassy . and why not as long as people at the embassy are part of this crazy world !

so mam my advise to you is to do what YOU see right and what YOU believe , NOT what someone else thinks it's right for you .

and if you have to listen to some voice just listen to this ONE voice coming from inside you .. it's the most truly voice in a world full of lies .

and when you are ready to file a case .. just prove it and make it a strong one .. everything should go fine for you .

the best wishes to you .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Mony,

Don't worry about the age gap. If the relationship is real and you can prove it, it shouldn't be a problem. It wasn't a problem for us. You should have lots of pics together from different places and wearing different clothes, with family, looking happy together ( the CO looked at them very thoroughly), chat logs, emails, etc. My fiance went with a lot of confidence and the CO smiled at him the whole time. Make sure that you speak a common language. We started with a lawyer who wouldn't help us much because she didn't believe that we would be successful. I just paid her for what she did for us, and ignored her after we got approved at USCIS.

Your fiance should be prepared to answer if the age difference bothers him. (it bothers me more than it bothers my fiance)

I wish you the best of luck.

S.

i had been talking to a group on another site and they were very mean , they would not answer my question directly, and insulted me. I have fallen in love with a guy from Morocco and we have alot in comman and he loves my kids and they love him . I had even written to the consulate in Morocco the same question and know answer yet. has anyone ever been turn down because of a big age diffences? we are planning a june wedding 2008. mony

Be rest assured that there are more couples with huge age differences getting visas than there are getting denied. This doe snot mean however it may not be a factor in how your case is adjuctated by the consulate. Morrocan society as a whole, and the consulte officers specifically, are quite aware of the number of Moroccans using fiance and marriage visas to secure a ticket to the US. An age gap may or may not raise questions about the vaidity of your relationship.

Morocco is a tricky consulate. There is a great deal of fraud. there are even larger numbers of men who may agree to a marriage and be willing to give it a good shot but first on their mind is the papers. The consulate does try to stop any case in which immigration is the foremost priority. Sometimes fraudulent couples sail right through undetected. Sometimes good coupes get caught in the net.

You will drive youself mad in this process if you focus too much on an age difference. You are better off following the good advice given here by people who have gone through (both sucessfully and not so succssfully) to learn how to prepare your case. It is the burden of your fiance to prove the validity of the relationship. He will not have a great deal of time to do so, so everything must be in order and and red flag issues must be acknowledged and reasy for response.

IMO the age gap is not the most important red flag to be worried about. Other more important ones include the timing of the relationship and common language for communication.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

Mony,

Given the history of some COs (esp. Morocco) on this issue, if you haven't already filed your petition, I would address it and any other red flags you might have in your petition that you file with the service center. Have your petition reviewed by an attorney at least, if you are not working with one on the whole thing, because it is good to give information but the way you present it does make a difference. CO's love to take things out of context and use it against you. I have seen it happen way, way too many times. So it is important to give information but in the right way. You want to head off any potential problem, if you can, because the alternative is a long delay and too many headaches.

You can find attorneys from www.aila.org. There is also an attorney that focuses on red flag kind of cases that I know many people that have used and was happy with his work. His name is Marc Ellis, I believe his email is ellis@aliveandkicking.com; he also posts here as ellis-island and has email thru his profile.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Timeline

Well someone said "don't worry about it", but if I were you, depending on the gap in age I would probably be a little worried after seeing some of the age difference cases through Morocco in the past. Do whatever you can to prove your relationship and address your age difference in your petition if possible.

Timeline

Well someone said "don't worry about it",

I say don't worry about it because there is nothing Mony can do about age difference. I am only talking from my personal experience, I don't know other cases.

I didn't address the issue when I filed the petition. It was only brought up at the time of the interview. The CO asked my fiance if it bothered him and he said "no" and that was the end of it. I think our age difference did not bother the CO because we presented evidence that shows a strong relationship: We have been talking for over two years, I visited him three times, we went to many places together, we had an engagement party with all his family. My fiance talks with my daughter online and on the phone. He speaks English very well, and I speak French (not so well). We both work in education ( we didn't meet in a dating chatroom, but a teacher's chatroom), and since I was not born in the United States but in a developing country, we share many cultural traits that are common to people who live in poorer countries. Our age difference, apparently, was not important to the CO.

Mony asked a question because she is worried, and everybody is scaring her. I think that they will be ok as long as they can prove that they have a valid relationship. Age difference is not a reason for denial unless there are other issues. From what she is saying, she has a valid relationship. All she has to do is to prove it to the consulate. Many couples with no age differences are denied, and many with age differences are approved. So, we cannot draw any conclusions about age difference being a reason for denial if isolated from other factors.

All I am saying is that my fiance and I have a large age difference and we were approved because our case was strong enough to convince the CO that it was not fraudulent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I say don't worry about it because there is nothing Mony can do about age difference. I am only talking from my personal experience, I don't know other cases.

I didn't address the issue when I filed the petition. It was only brought up at the time of the interview. The CO asked my fiance if it bothered him and he said "no" and that was the end of it. I think our age difference did not bother the CO because we presented evidence that shows a strong relationship: We have been talking for over two years, I visited him three times, we went to many places together, we had an engagement party with all his family. My fiance talks with my daughter online and on the phone. He speaks English very well, and I speak French (not so well). We both work in education ( we didn't meet in a dating chatroom, but a teacher's chatroom), and since I was not born in the United States but in a developing country, we share many cultural traits that are common to people who live in poorer countries. Our age difference, apparently, was not important to the CO.

Mony asked a question because she is worried, and everybody is scaring her. I think that they will be ok as long as they can prove that they have a valid relationship. Age difference is not a reason for denial unless there are other issues. From what she is saying, she has a valid relationship. All she has to do is to prove it to the consulate. Many couples with no age differences are denied, and many with age differences are approved. So, we cannot draw any conclusions about age difference being a reason for denial if isolated from other factors.

All I am saying is that my fiance and I have a large age difference and we were approved because our case was strong enough to convince the CO that it was not fraudulent.

:thumbs:

It's not uncommon to see a MUCH older white guy with a beautiful young Filipina at the embassy in the Philippines waiting for their interview.

Most seem to get approved.

I guess a lot depends on the country.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

It's not uncommon to see a MUCH older white guy with a beautiful young Filipina at the embassy in the Philippines waiting for their interview.

A lot does depend on the country and the makeup of the age gap. Older men marry younger women all over the world, but there are very few cultures where marrying an older woman is common.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that an age gap may be considered a red flag by the consulate. But it's important to understand what a red flag is. People sometimes act as though calling something a red flag means calling the relationship fraudulent. And that's not the case at all. All 'red flag' means is that the characteristic in question (here, an age gap) is common in cases that are fraudulent. Other red flags are a very short courtship and no common language. And, like always, the burden of proof is on the visa applicant to show that there is a valid relationship. Knowing what your potential problem areas can help you address them.

Having an age gap is not a reason for denial all by itself, and there's no magic number beyond which everyone gets denied. The important thing is that you show that there is a valid relationship.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

This is the common situation. The problems I have seen is when a USC woman is much older than her beneficiary fiance.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

i am so glad to hear that your experience with Casa turned out well. unfortunately this is not true for many couples with age differences.

sad to say---there are many couples denied DUE to age difference. i cannot even begin to give you the numbers. i was one of those couples. my husband had a HUGE folder with him at the time of his interview yet the conoff refused to let my husband show any of the proof in it. the conoff had already determined we were fake before the interview. the interview took all of 5 minutes and my husband was told more info was needed from America. so my husband thought i missed some document and he was under the impression it would be just a few weeks and then he would get a visa.

to make a long story short---the conoff lied and we waited another year to prove it. this BTW is the standard way Casa denies couples...age difference. however, the conoff is required by their own rules and regulations to inform the beneficiary that he/she is NOT getting a visa and also to tell him/her WHY on the day of the interview.

another point is the conoff is to have CONCRETE EVIDENCE in order to return a petition for revocation. this is violated in Casa as well.

do couples who have age difference get visas? why of course they do. but there is a lot who do not yet there is no CONCRETE reason to deny them. there are numerous couples who i myself have helped in this area. we now have a few groups created just for them elsewhere on the net.

the best advice for any couple who is trying to get a visa---

PREPARE---GET INFO---LEARN ALL YOU CAN ABOUT THE PROCESS! GETTING A VISA FOR THE ONE YOU LOVE TO COME TO LIVE WITH YOU IN AMERICA IS NOT A RIGHT! IT IS A PRIVILEGE!

chi

P.S.

my husband is here now with me. he arrived 8-07 and we have been together for 4 years.

Edited by chiquita

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

This is the common situation. The problems I have seen is when a USC woman is much older than her beneficiary fiance.

this the case with many couples going through Casa. yet it is not ilegal nor immoral to do yet the conoffs judge based on age many times and return the petition requesting revocation.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.