News From Rome

41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just hope the time flies for you instead of slowing down now that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

what did Hicham say?

This is how it went down...

I was sitting at my desk at work, doing my morning routine of checking my email, checking Sam's case and my various immigration websites. When I saw that the list had been updated since yesterday, my heart started pounding. Then when I found Hicham's case number, I ran my finger across the screen and saw "Ready for Adjudication". I actually read it 3 times to make sure that I wasn't looking at the wrong case number! (I've actually gone back several times again just to make sure :lol:). I must have said "Oh my God" rather loudly because my co-worker popped her head up over the cube and said "What's wrong?". I grabbed my phone and said I'll be right back. By that time, a couple of "praire dogs" had popped their heads up. I ran out of the building to call Hicham because I don't get good reception at my desk. When I got out to the street on the sidewalk, the first two times I got the recording that all circuits were busy! AGH!!!!! Finally on the 3rd try, I got Hicham. He was like "REALLY" "ARE YOU SURE?". I understand some Arabic when it's spoken slowly, but he started speaking so fast, I couldn't understand. I'm pretty sure he was thanking Allah though! :) He was so happy. He told me to be sure that when I picked our son up from preschool today to give him a big hug and to tell him that his daddy is going to be home soon!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
Thats wonderful news!!!!! :star::star:

I really hope this is a sign of the tides turning in our favor, you know?

While I am so happy that our file is moving after so long, I always have those of you in the back of my mind who are still waiting and are going through the same agony. I always keep you in my thoughts as well and hope that your hearts will be lifted as well. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Every time I see good news about the visa from someone else, I feel a tremendous relief. At last something positive is happening for someone. Glad to hear your good news, and hope that they work quickly on getting the approval thru.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's terrific news!!

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

This is how it went down...

I was sitting at my desk at work, doing my morning routine of checking my email, checking Sam's case and my various immigration websites. When I saw that the list had been updated since yesterday, my heart started pounding. Then when I found Hicham's case number, I ran my finger across the screen and saw "Ready for Adjudication". I actually read it 3 times to make sure that I wasn't looking at the wrong case number! (I've actually gone back several times again just to make sure :lol:). I must have said "Oh my God" rather loudly because my co-worker popped her head up over the cube and said "What's wrong?". I grabbed my phone and said I'll be right back. By that time, a couple of "praire dogs" had popped their heads up. I ran out of the building to call Hicham because I don't get good reception at my desk. When I got out to the street on the sidewalk, the first two times I got the recording that all circuits were busy! AGH!!!!! Finally on the 3rd try, I got Hicham. He was like "REALLY" "ARE YOU SURE?". I understand some Arabic when it's spoken slowly, but he started speaking so fast, I couldn't understand. I'm pretty sure he was thanking Allah though! :) He was so happy. He told me to be sure that when I picked our son up from preschool today to give him a big hug and to tell him that his daddy is going to be home soon!!!!

WOW!!!! Allousa, I am sooo happy for you :dance: !! I hope that you get to see your husband very soon. I have been praying for everyone to be reunited quickly, and I hope to see that in your next thread!

4a6bdcef2aur6.gif

Congratulations.jpg

graphic1.jpg

Edited by monnik

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Maybe some of you have noticed over the last few days that I've posted that Rome still has not updated their list. They "supposedly" are to do it the 1st and 15th, but since August, it's been all over the board. I've been so depressed over the weekend because they are still showing the case status from November 1st. I've been missing Hicham so much, especially since I was supposed to be there this very week and the next for my annual visit. The baby and I didn't go because we thought (silly us) that we would have an answer by now.

WELL....after hitting some of my frequent immigration websites, I come across this link to an update on their site that says the wait time for waiver processing has gone from 3-6 months to 6-9 MONTHS!!!!!! I swear I quit breathing. I have been crying my eyes out since I read it.

Some people may not understand why I'm so upset since we've been going through this for so many years now, that what is another few months. Back when we began the whole immigration process, even when Hicham was still here in the States...it just seemed like it was one thing after another and they kept moving the finish line further and further away. It feels like all my strength to soldier on these last few months is gone. I don't know if it would be as hard if we didn't have a life together before he got stuck in Morocco...if I didn't know what it was like to have my best friend here to go to the movies or cook dinner or just talk to...if I didn't know what it felt like to have my husband sleeping by my side...would it be as hard.

This is so hard because I can't let my feelings show with my son because I don't want him to be upset because he's too little to understand. I can't tell Hicham what I found out because it will upset him too. He's done so good at keeping his spirits up that I just can't do that to him. I swear I feel like my heart is going to break into a thousand pieces.

I've carried this on my shoulders for so long...and I'm stumbling and I've fallen to my knees. Whether anyone reads this or not, I just have to get it out.

I'm tough...I'm a very tough and strong person, but this is really kicking my azz! :crying:

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope this changes and you will be able to speed through the processing. After so much waiting, I'm sure that even one more day can seem like forever.

Hang in there, inshaAllah you'll be reunited soon.

*hugs*

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Allousa I am so sorry and feeling so bad for you as I read this. Your immigration road has been so tough. I admire your strength. Its ok to have some 'down' days. You have faced more hurdles than a lot of us. All I can say is to remind you that every day you are one step closer, and to just hang in there. (Plus - remember that most of the dates they ever post are bull****, especially when it comes to processing times, I think they put the dates far out just to cover their own asses and keep people from calling and emailing all the time.) There are a lot of people around here hoping and praying for a speedy resolution for you.

(((hugs))))

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F) (F) Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.