thetreble

Frustrated.

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With this board. Not our section, of course. Our Canadian section is always delightful and 99% peaceful. What is bothering me though is people who think they know more than others like they are....pseudo lawyers. One individual in the a thread on the AOS section of the board went on and on in a thread about how annoying it is that people spread misinformation on the board, implying that she/he never does or never falters in what they say. Then I was called a newbie, implying that I didn't know anything so I should just shut up and stop posting so that the QUALIFIED people on the board can give the answers. Not to mention the same old argument that goes on every message board....

"This board use to be SO good and full of truthful information....what happened to it....it sucks now....people just say whatever they want at will without any knowledge base"

It just made me a little frustrated because it is the internet and while people can do their best to help, no one is really qualified to do so. We help out of interest and compassion. However, I feel like some people say what they say to make themselves feel good and knowledgeable on an internet message board. (which to me is sad) I consider myself a pretty intelligent person. Not the smartest chick out there but I've got a university honours BA and I can realize when people know more than me. A lot of you here are much older and experienced than I am so I find your advice helpful. But at the end of the day, it's all advice really. There are certain things that are facts about immigration but also, a lot of stuff is so case specific.

ok. [/end rant] :whistle:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Problem is there are so many different outcomes that occur for each individual that nothing is 100% certain. So someone may say "This is how it is, I am qualified because it happend to me", while someone else that went through the same thing can go "This is not how it is, I am qualified because this didn't happen to me".

There's another board and there's endless debate on the naturalization process about stupid traffic tickets, and another about being overseas during your PR status. No one can ever agree what to do, some get in trouble in their interview others do not. So anyone who proclaims they are qualified people are full of #######.

Even funnier there's a TN-Status board I visit (as I used to be on one) and there is a lawfirm that specializes in that, and yet they even call it a TN-Visa which is wrong. It is NOT a visa, but this TN lawfirm incorrectly mislabels it. They should be qualified but even they can't get the simplist things either.

So don't let it get to you, a lot of people think that they went through the process they are qualified to give answers and truth on everyones case which is so far from being correct it's not funny. If you believe something to be true, then cases are is one of the many possibilities it is true, so keep speaking up and ignore them...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

It is normal! With all the different personalities you get here there are always going to be conflicts and know-it-alls and name callers. I just look at it that I really don't know these people so just won't let their comments bother me. If my wife said some of the things to me that I have read here I would be upset :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i have been here for awhile and believe me VJ hasn't changed much since I have been here....

there are a bunch of new faces but the basic "politics" haven't changed much... :no:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

:lol: Thanks guys! Jasman you are totally right. I don't know these people so i really shouldn't let it get to me. It's not even that I take it personally, I find it more annoying than anything. Just as you said, warlord, there are so many outcomes and possibilities. You could be the one person who follows the process 100% every step of the process and still end up with no luck at the end. I said to this particular individual that even though I've done AOS through marriage (well still pending) there is still a ton of stuff I don't know and couldn't advise people on! People situations are so different and present different circumstances. I just really don't like the "you CANT do that" or "thats wrong!" attitude.

I guess I was just frustrated because people come here for help or more importantly, insight. For those who don't really have a clue and are just starting to think about their process, it's only normal for them to ask questions that we have all heard 1 million times. VJ is becoming increasingly popular out there in the net world. I was on another forum which sucked compared to this one until I heard about this one. So by word of mouth, it has increased in membership pretty fast. I just wish others would handle what they say and then what they "accuse" others of with care. There is enough going on in our lives without someone on the internet making some nasty remark about how you will never get a greencard because you did x, y and z incorrectly. :)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

too true. Well....I guess the best thing to do is almost stick in this forum! haha

ps- Marylin I just noticed your little dancing stick man in your signature and stared at it for about...3 minutes. :lol:

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've had some of the same issues. People say stuff like it is 100% true, because it happened to them, when what I have experienced is sometimes completely different. And, if you say something different happened to you, you are ridiculed.

I tend to say...."this is what happened to us in Missouri" or something to that effect. I'm not saying I am always right or even know anything.....just relating what happened to me.

In this whole process, I've learned most things are just the luck of the draw. Even if you follow the rules to the "t", depending on who you get on that particular day to look at you paperwork sometimes determines the outcome.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah, when I give advice i always say.. "this is what happened to me" or something like that...

too true. Well....I guess the best thing to do is almost stick in this forum! haha

ps- Marylin I just noticed your little dancing stick man in your signature and stared at it for about...3 minutes. :lol:

he is cool isn't he?? :lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Yes, I love it.

Also I have been advised to sort of end this topic which rightfully so, is understandable. I don't want to start more 50 cent style BEEF with any one who may come here and take a look at this...and have a go at me or something. I should have really just brushed it off and not vented in public but thanks for your replies any ways guys.

Now back to the dancing man...

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I rarely even offer assistance on other forums on VJ any longer. There has always been idiots on VJ, they just have new names now. And ya, y a can even include me on that idiots list,lol. I think the majority of people try to give good advice, for others its all about the post count, they crave the little hearts. But anyone that has been around long enough, realize that "heart total" doesn't equal knowledge, as many people hang out in off topic. I guess 1 way would be not to count off topic posts in the count total, or posts in the country forums??? I just take most of it with a grain of salt.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
:lol: I def. like the one you just added. A little twist with a high kick at the end. stellar! :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Internet land is full of jerks and ego freaks. Give a human a keyboard and we just say whatever we want. Canadians IMO are REALLY different. I mean I can't pin it but we seem more willing to do selfless things.

I had a thought then I lost it. I'll leave it at: Don't worry about it. People say silly things. Just help out as usual and hope someone sees the value in what you say.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.