Dr. A ♥ O

Warm Fuzzy MENA thread

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It makes me smile when i am thinking about my love and he calls me at the same time when i am thinking about him more than usual. I know we are so connected in so many ways and just to hear his voice makes me so happy. I know in my heart that i am truly blessed to have him in my life and i can't wait to be his wife when i will get to see him everyday and feel warm fuzzies all the time. (L)

AJ1

:luv: Sweet! I know that feeling of connection in so many ways. We are always having it and sometimes I ask myself after reading one of his emails talking about the same thing I'm thinking about.."How does he know that?"

It's real! :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:thumbs:
I love my husband!!!! There are way too many things to list.....I just love him! He's AWESOME!!!!!

I have had two kids with my husband. Our oldest is 4 and our youngest is 5 months. My husband changes more diapers than I do and always has - he is a huge help and so great with the kids. Bathing, feeding, waking up, etc. Hes the best! That gives me the warm fuzzies more than any words ever could cause im tired!!!! And we works full time just like I do (even harder that I do as well, physically and mentally)

:luv: That is so great! I hear MENA men/women are entirely devoted to their children. It's really encouraging for us to have a family someday.

I feel the (L)

My husband is a great father to my kids. Their biological dad really doesn't have much to do with them and my husband loves my kids like they are his own. They even call him dad or abba on occasion. Did I mention that he's AWESOME? :P

:P

:no:

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

:luv: I had just arrived at the house in Egypt and was unpacking, and I opened the closet to put some clothes and saw a gift! I turned around and he was standing at the door smiling and saying, "open it". (beautiful necklace)...so then i go to the drawer to put some more stuff there, and another gift! I looked at him and he said, open anything you see here, all is for you. It was like i was a kid on easter sunday! :lol: ...

Before going to Egypt (i wasn't even thinking traveling yet), I had this sad feeling inside , and i felt like something wasn't right...so one night i decide to call him because i was so depressed. when he answered i started to cry and he asked, what's wrong? i told him, nothing, i just needed to hear your voice to know you're alright. He was silent for a minute and then said, Everything is ok, please don't worry. I told him, please come online soon, I miss you too much. He told me he would come online the next night. When he came online the first thing i told him was, LET ME SEE YOU NOW! He said, i have to tell you something , i had appendicitis and when you called i was still in the hospital from the surgery! He said, if i walk the whole earth, i'll never find anyone who would feel me like you do. :luv:

When I'm going through a sad or bad or tough situation, he senses it too, and calls me to know if i'm ok. It amazes me how in tune we are. We even get sick at the same time, especially colds!! as if we had passed it on to each other throughout the miles!! :lol:

Days before coming back from Egypt, i wanted to say things to him, but the knot in my thoat wouldn't let me. So all i could say was, "You know what i'm feeling, right? I don't have to say it, right?" and he would say, "Yes i know what you feel, and you don't have to say it because it'll make you cry. And i know how you feel because i feel the same". :luv:

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Timeline
:luv: I had just arrived at the house in Egypt and was unpacking, and I opened the closet to put some clothes and saw a gift! I turned around and he was standing at the door smiling and saying, "open it". (beautiful necklace)...so then i go to the drawer to put some more stuff there, and another gift! I looked at him and he said, open anything you see here, all is for you. It was like i was a kid on easter sunday! :lol: ...

Before going to Egypt (i wasn't even thinking traveling yet), I had this sad feeling inside , and i felt like something wasn't right...so one night i decide to call him because i was so depressed. when he answered i started to cry and he asked, what's wrong? i told him, nothing, i just needed to hear your voice to know you're alright. He was silent for a minute and then said, Everything is ok, please don't worry. I told him, please come online soon, I miss you too much. He told me he would come online the next night. When he came online the first thing i told him was, LET ME SEE YOU NOW! He said, i have to tell you something , i had appendicitis and when you called i was still in the hospital from the surgery! He said, if i walk the whole earth, i'll never find anyone who would feel me like you do. :luv:

When I'm going through a sad or bad or tough situation, he senses it too, and calls me to know if i'm ok. It amazes me how in tune we are. We even get sick at the same time, especially colds!! as if we had passed it on to each other throughout the miles!! :lol:

Days before coming back from Egypt, i wanted to say things to him, but the knot in my thoat wouldn't let me. So all i could say was, "You know what i'm feeling, right? I don't have to say it, right?" and he would say, "Yes i know what you feel, and you don't have to say it because it'll make you cry. And i know how you feel because i feel the same". :luv:

Ayesha (F)

Oooooooh Awwwwwwe! I totally got misty eyed reading that. :luv:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:luv: I'm feeling exceptionally positive today!

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wanted to post on what makes them :D smile :lol: and laugh about their relationship.

I was remembering a smile in my heart last night for the time Waleed got on his knees while I was sitting in bed and I had just arrived from a deliriously long plane ride. He was holding my hand in his cupped hands asking if I still wanted to marry him.

Then I was having a laugh because he put one hand to his heart and had the other to his head and said, "You hesitated. I felt you hesitate" From his reaction it tells me he is emotionally invested. That I shouldn't doubt him. This makes me so happy I have to laugh with pure joy. He really is wonderful!

I would love to hear about anyone elses wonderful smiles in their heart stories and experiences in there relationships that made them so happy they laughed with pure joy. (L)

Olivia (F)

I have so many of these warm and fuzzies it's hard to put my favorite on here. I think my most memorable one would be my proposal. My fiancee had snuck and spoke with my mother to ask for my hand while I was in the bathroom. I came out and he told me he needed to speak with me in the bedroom. He sat me on the bed and got down on his knees and talked for 10 minutes trying to come up with all the words he could translate into English about his feelings (a few came in Arabic). He then pulled my ring out of his pocket and told me that he would be honored to be my husband if I would accept his proposal. I was so excited and emotional as was he too. Then my friend came in the room screaming like a wild woman because she had just seen a 3 inch cockroach fly into the room. We just ended up laughing until we cried. It really was romantic until the cockroach ruined it.

I also appreciate his concern for our child and my health. He can't be with me right now and it is killing him but he always makes sure I don't need emotional support from him and that I am taken care of. I love him so much and appreciate everything about this great man I call my fiancee.

Tasha

Timeline
:luv: I'm feeling exceptionally positive today!

I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wanted to post on what makes them :D smile :lol: and laugh about their relationship.

I was remembering a smile in my heart last night for the time Waleed got on his knees while I was sitting in bed and I had just arrived from a deliriously long plane ride. He was holding my hand in his cupped hands asking if I still wanted to marry him.

Then I was having a laugh because he put one hand to his heart and had the other to his head and said, "You hesitated. I felt you hesitate" From his reaction it tells me he is emotionally invested. That I shouldn't doubt him. This makes me so happy I have to laugh with pure joy. He really is wonderful!

I would love to hear about anyone elses wonderful smiles in their heart stories and experiences in there relationships that made them so happy they laughed with pure joy. (L)

Olivia (F)

I have so many of these warm and fuzzies it's hard to put my favorite on here. I think my most memorable one would be my proposal. My fiancee had snuck and spoke with my mother to ask for my hand while I was in the bathroom. I came out and he told me he needed to speak with me in the bedroom. He sat me on the bed and got down on his knees and talked for 10 minutes trying to come up with all the words he could translate into English about his feelings (a few came in Arabic). He then pulled my ring out of his pocket and told me that he would be honored to be my husband if I would accept his proposal. I was so excited and emotional as was he too. Then my friend came in the room screaming like a wild woman because she had just seen a 3 inch cockroach fly into the room. We just ended up laughing until we cried. It really was romantic until the cockroach ruined it.

I also appreciate his concern for our child and my health. He can't be with me right now and it is killing him but he always makes sure I don't need emotional support from him and that I am taken care of. I love him so much and appreciate everything about this great man I call my fiancee.

Tasha

:lol: cockroach!

I thought of another one. We were in Hurghada and I was getting a Henna tat at this papyrus/perfume shop and he left me to go make a call and when he came back he brought me a drumstick ice cream because he knows I love them! I love sweet surprises! I have pix for that too somewhere.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

I'm glad to see this thread here! I'd like to add to it...

My husband doesn't mistreat me like everyone in my family predicted... he has never lifted so much as a finger nor could I imagine him doing so.

He helps tremendously around the house and has developed a wonderful relationship with my children in the four months he's been here... so much so that they have actually said to me that they wish he was their father and their father was their step dad. (LOL I don't think they realize if that was true it would mean I'd be married to their dad now and not my current husband :lol: )

Everyone who has met my husband so far has instantly fallen in love with him. He has such a generous and caring nature but without appearing effeminate.

Sometimes I sit in my house and wonder if it's really the same household I remember from 6 months ago... my children are well-behaved and mannered. My son is turning into a man now that he has a man to learn from and my daughter is experiencing the love of a man who doesn't expect anything from her in order to recieve his love. I feel like my house is our castle and we're the royal family, me being the queen of course, now that my king is here.

We are all growing every day... not only the bond between us as a family but also spiritually.

The wait was long and hard and there have been some bumps along the way but it was worth it 1000 times!

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Timeline
I'm glad to see this thread here! I'd like to add to it...

My husband doesn't mistreat me like everyone in my family predicted... he has never lifted so much as a finger nor could I imagine him doing so.

He helps tremendously around the house and has developed a wonderful relationship with my children in the four months he's been here... so much so that they have actually said to me that they wish he was their father and their father was their step dad. (LOL I don't think they realize if that was true it would mean I'd be married to their dad now and not my current husband :lol: )

Everyone who has met my husband so far has instantly fallen in love with him. He has such a generous and caring nature but without appearing effeminate.

Sometimes I sit in my house and wonder if it's really the same household I remember from 6 months ago... my children are well-behaved and mannered. My son is turning into a man now that he has a man to learn from and my daughter is experiencing the love of a man who doesn't expect anything from her in order to recieve his love. I feel like my house is our castle and we're the royal family, me being the queen of course, now that my king is here.

We are all growing every day... not only the bond between us as a family but also spiritually.

The wait was long and hard and there have been some bumps along the way but it was worth it 1000 times!

(F) I get a good feeling of a well balanced harmony in your home. Thank you for sharing! :luv:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

One warm fuzzy to get my tired coffee sipping rear through the day.

{Experienceing Egyptian Movie Theaters with him} We went to one close to the Nile. It's a big cineplex with 6 screens which he said was new there. We chose to see the movie "Deja Vu" but the tickets were for later. So we had time before the movie. We went to a cafe which was owned by military formerly. There was a big soccer game on that night. We had some shea and then decided to play a few rounds of pool. I won 2 out of 3 but I tell him he won so his pride is protected. When we went to the theater for the movie the water wasn't working in the bathroom. So I bought a bottled water at the concessions. Then we also got soda, cotton candy, popcorn and went into the theater for the showing. It was packed. We sat down and I can remember him shoveling in the popcorn and within the first 10 mins of the movie he turnned to me and said "Done". I couldn't believe it! Then there was an intermission. He told me he doesn't usually get snacks for a movie because he can't focus on the film while eatting and that is why he shoveled to finish the popcorn instead of enjoying it. Note to self next time get huge popcorn! The movie was good but I wasn't used to an intermission and now I wish that American movie theaters did that as well because there is sometimes that part during the middle of the movie that I have to miss to go to the bathroom. I am glad we got to go to the movies before I left. After all we did meet in a movie chat room and that was our first thing in common we both love.

(F) Olivia

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

On the topic of getting people beverages... It annoys me to no end. In israel, and when family from israel are staying with us, if you are getting a tea or coffee you have to ask everyone in the room if they want one (and they always do want one) and then make it for all. i like to be selfish and just get my own tea or coffee. its not a sexist type thing, men make the coffee and tea as much as the women but whoever is getting for themselves gets for all. so in israel after dinner i keep quiet because i know eventually someone will crack and make the tea. ugh my in laws were just staying with us and every time i asked if they wanted a cappucino i had to make them one. am i horrible or what? my husband and i make our own coffees in the morning, although sometimes he makes for me because he thinks he makes it better than me, putting cocoa on the foam and stuff. i always let him think he is better than me at things like that, and cooking etc so he DOES it and i dont have to!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
so in israel after dinner i keep quiet because i know eventually someone will crack and make the tea.

:lol:

that's how my girls and I are!!! We all know that whoever gets up has to get the soda or whatever for the rest of us so we all sit there twiddling our thumbs until someone can't take it anymore (usually me) .lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

On the topic of getting people beverages... It annoys me to no end. In israel, and when family from israel are staying with us, if you are getting a tea or coffee you have to ask everyone in the room if they want one (and they always do want one) and then make it for all. i like to be selfish and just get my own tea or coffee. its not a sexist type thing, men make the coffee and tea as much as the women but whoever is getting for themselves gets for all. so in israel after dinner i keep quiet because i know eventually someone will crack and make the tea. ugh my in laws were just staying with us and every time i asked if they wanted a cappucino i had to make them one. am i horrible or what? my husband and i make our own coffees in the morning, although sometimes he makes for me because he thinks he makes it better than me, putting cocoa on the foam and stuff. i always let him think he is better than me at things like that, and cooking etc so he DOES it and i dont have to!!!!

That is way too funny!! I think next time u have dinner with your in-laws bring your thermos..lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline

When I went to his Grandma's in Luxor much of the extended family was there and they were always asking "Olivia shea?" Even if I didn't want any I'd say yes because I didn't want to be rude and decline their kindness. LOL

They said I was a light in there world and they were honored to have me as their guest. Then they brought out new glass cups they hadn't removed from the package yet and one of Waleed's Uncles who was visiting from Saudi Arabia said "I've been here for two weeks and you didn't bring out the new glasses for me." LOL

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.