bradb7665

What does "touched" mean?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I am new. I have been mailed my "NOA1" form I-797C back on the first of August. I have recieved nothing since. I see peoples timelines where there petition was "touched". What does that mean? How can you tell if it has benn "touched"?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. This whole process has made me feel like an idiot.

THanks ALL

Brad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for your help. NOT! I have sifted through all of that stuff. I cant seem to find the answer. Sorry!! a very simple answer would have sufficed. Maybe I ask too much. Sorry to have bothered you.

Brad

Your reply to YuandDan was completely rude and uncalled for. See the little white box up at the top of your screen that says search? You would be surprised how much info you can find out by using it

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Timeline

Would it suprise you to know that I did a search. And the results were? Every profile that has the word touched in there timeline was pulled up. Which is every email post. I even read thriugh the mentioned gathered material and could not find my answer. I have been here for months and only have posted 2 questions. Both times it was only after I had put forth some effort on my on to find the question. NO definitive answer. So I come here to ask a question.

regards,

Brad

Yes I am surprised b/c when I put in a search for 'what is a touch' it brought me here: What is a touch

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Timeline

THank you. The link in your post "what is touch" was very helpful. Thats what I needed. I just did a search for "what is touched" still didnt get what you did. Go figure. But thank you very much for the link that you setn. I do appreciate it. Many thanks

Brad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for your help. NOT! I have sifted through all of that stuff. I cant seem to find the answer. Sorry!! a very simple answer would have sufficed. Maybe I ask too much. Sorry to have bothered you.

Brad

In that post it is explained by NOTE #1

Many VJs find it difficult to figure out how to check for touches and ask for :help: . So I thought I'd have this topic to make it easier for everyone.

What is a touch?

As JEDI's defined it (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20192#):

Any time your application is handled by someone at a Service Centre, the barcode is scanned, which results in an update to the "last date" for your case on the USCIS website. When the date changes, this mean that someone has physically handled or "touched" your case. There are many reasons your application may be "touched" - from simply being moved from one desk to another, to RFE's, to being approved.

There are 2 kinds of touches. There are the ones that show some kind of update, there are the ones that don't bring a new message. By logging into the account, take a look at the date that shows next to your case number. If it's changed, you've been touched.

By clicking on the case number, you get to check whether it was an update touch or not. The ones that don't show updates are connected with some kind of work done with regard to your case - it merely shows that they've taken a look at it somehow.

What? Case number? Account? Hang on, let me explain it. :)

How do I get to check it out?

First thing is, get your receipt number (or case number). You can find it online on the back of the check you used to pay for the filing of the application when it's been cashed. If you can't do that, wait for the NOA1 in the mail. It'll be there.

There are 3 ways to check for updates.

1. By searching online: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp - you'll just need the receipt number.

2. By logging into your account. To register on the USCIS site: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

3. By e-mail (once you have registered and clicked on the "E-mail on" button.

Options 1 and 3 are good if you only wish to check for status update. Option number 2 shows the mysterious touches (somebody worked on your case but we can't be sure what has been done).

Option 2 in detail:

It'll show a table:

Receipt Number | E-mail | Last Updated | (mm/dd/yyyy) | Form # |Form Title

Take a look at the date in the "last updated" box. Then go to "Receipt Number" and check the message. Is it different from the last update you got?

Yes: :) Great! You got an update that changes the status of your case.

No: :( Aw. They have just worked on your case...

Please note that the date on the update notices don't change. For example, if you got a message saying your petition was approved on JUNE 20, 2006, that date will never change. The ones that might change are the ones you get to see at the chart when you log into the account.

Do I really need to check the mysterious touches?

Not at all. Only obsessive people like me, for example, will do it. I find it comforting to know that someone's been working on my case :)

Also, you only get to check the status before your petition is fowarded to the NVC...

I hope I covered it all. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I still think it was rude. If you don't like a certain explanation you can just ignore it. If you can't ignore it, you can ask nicely but don't show ur attitude. You're only at the beginning of the journey and these people here are more helpful than any damn lawyer you're going to find. So you better watch your moth. That's my honest advice. Or people are just gonna ignore your cry for help in the future

Removal of conditions...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.