Aussielad

A little frustrated,need to vent,I-751

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Even though its sunday, and technically im meant to have sent it off today, well by monday morning,

We still havent been able to send it off yet,actually, havent even gathered the evidence together yet, we should have enough, (i hope)

But not only that, its the $625 that has to be also spent, i got like $300 of it last week, and am waiting on the other $325 this week to come in.

Im waiting on our second year apartment lease/contract, which might take another few weeks, but i dont know if thats a wise thing to do in waiting that long either or if it will come in on time. Do i just send the one that i got now? or wait for the both.

I have another question, even though if someone has already sent in their application, if more evidence comes in along the way (such as our second year rent/lease contract) can we send that off? even if its like 3-6 weeks later and the application is already in the works??

just needing to vent, would love to hear replies and support,suggestions

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are going to get the rest of your application fee in this week, definitely wait for that. Don't send it in with less than the full fee. It looks like your original approval date was September 12, so at the latest, a few days before that date, even if all of your evidence hasn't arrived in yet (the 2nd lease) send off what you have so that you do get it filed prior to the expiry of your 2 year green card. Make it as complete as you can, and if you get an RFE for something, at least you have filed in time and by then you may have the rest of the evidence you would like. You can always explain in the cover letter that the 2nd year contract has been renewed but not received in time to make the filing date. You may not even need it if you have enough other evidence to show a co-mingling of finances and a valid relationship. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Im waiting on our second year apartment lease/contract, which might take another few weeks, but i dont know if thats a wise thing to do in waiting that long either or if it will come in on time. Do i just send the one that i got now? or wait for the both.

In NOA1, USCIS mentions that you may send any proof, if already has not been sent, with copy of NOA1. So, I guess, as soon as you receive NOA1, you may attach copy of your second lease and other docs, if any, with NOA1 and send it to USCIS.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

We had a one year lease, the lanlord is doing some changes and they don't want to re-new leases. I sent only what I had.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

on the NOA it says...

If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. Please include a copy of this receipt with any supporting documents you submit...

so I guess you could send in any extra evidence you might get after you mail off the package after you get the NOA...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Looking at your timeline it appears that you don't HAVE to send your application in today - you CAN send it in, but that's not the same as being obligated to - if necessary you have three months to finish getting your ducks in a row! Do NOT send in an incomplete application under any circumstances - it's just asking for a mess when they return it, or send you an RFE later etc. You've got plenty of time to wait for your new lease to arrive...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.