Lyndilou

Medical examinations

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
does anyone know if having hernias can cause a problem with passing the medical and also I am overweight will they make anything of it?

If our jabs are all up to date do they still do a blood test?

This is a pinned link from the top of the UK forum regarding the UK medical:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3193

I doubt that being over weight will be an issue. You will most likely need to provide proof of a the jabs that you have had already. You can obtain a record of your jabs from wherever you had them done as a child.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The jabs don't effect the blood test, everyone has to have that to make sure your don't have aids for one and I can't remember what else.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

There's a list somewhere, but here goes my quick recollection of "reasons for failing test":

HIV, TB and other communicable diseases (i.e. something hiper creepy like avian flu).

Get your vaccination records!

Best. L.

does anyone know if having hernias can cause a problem with passing the medical and also I am overweight will they make anything of it?

If our jabs are all up to date do they still do a blood test?

And no my dear friend, being overweight is no reason for denial so don't give that much thought, ok?

Peace, L.

Hi Lyndilou.

If you google Knightsbridge Doctors, you'll get their website which gives a detailed description of what the medical involves. Basically, it is a really simple process and nothing to worry about. As said above, the blood tests are only to check for communicable diseases such as aids. And if you can get your vaccination records, then they won't jab you again.

They take your weight, height and blood pressure, but I have not heard of them commenting on those to anyone. I think you'll be fine :D

Have you got your dates yet??

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi Lyndilou.

If you google Knightsbridge Doctors, you'll get their website which gives a detailed description of what the medical involves. Basically, it is a really simple process and nothing to worry about. As said above, the blood tests are only to check for communicable diseases such as aids. And if you can get your vaccination records, then they won't jab you again.

They take your weight, height and blood pressure, but I have not heard of them commenting on those to anyone. I think you'll be fine :D

Thanks for all your help We havent started yet i am just trying to peice together the process we will have to go through , I am viisting our son and daughter in law in 4 weeks time and staying for 5 weeks then when i get back my son is to apply for US citizenship I understand that weill take about 6 months so its looks like a long journey ahead but I have found out so mush from this thread and 'dive into america' it really has been very helpful I didnt have a clue about anythin prior to that

Thanks again Lynda

Hi Lyndilou.

Thanks for all your help We havent started yet i am just trying to peice together the process we will have to go through , I am viisting our son and daughter in law in 4 weeks time and staying for 5 weeks then when i get back my son is to apply for US citizenship I understand that weill take about 6 months so its looks like a long journey ahead but I have found out so mush from this thread and 'dive into america' it really has been very helpful I didnt have a clue about anythin prior to that

Thanks again Lynda

Hello there! I've seen you on diveintoamerica. :)

Being overweight and having other common, non-communicable problems will definitely not be any kind of problem at the medical. Besides making sure you don't have a dangerous, communicable disease, they'll check out your mental health history (self harm and harming others can result in failing the medical unless it was in the past and a doctor says you're okay now), and taking illegal drugs in the past three years.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.