doodlebug

Sunday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am pretty sure they have some Avon products here in Egypt. I think I saw some once. Between the bites from the mosquitoes and me slapping my arms to try and kill the little bloodsuckers, my arms look awful!

Anything from the kitchen I could use?

Does anybody know the active ingredients in SSS?

AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH. One of them wants to land on my face now!!!!!!

:angry::crying::ranting:

DIE DIE DIE!!!

OMG!!! Girl, those mosquitos in Egypt are possessed! I was there in July a couple years ago and I swear I thought they would carry me away! And the bites I got were sooooo much worse than what I get here. I have blisters all over my legs. It was terrible. I remember my husbands sisters giving me some type of lotion to put all over my legs to help the itching. Gawd it was terrible!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:idea: Ask your husband to tell you the name of the cream you're supposed to get at the pharmacy. Mine put it all over my feet when I was there and it worked instantly to stop the itching. Didn't prevent them from still biting me though.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I am pretty sure they have some Avon products here in Egypt. I think I saw some once. Between the bites from the mosquitoes and me slapping my arms to try and kill the little bloodsuckers, my arms look awful!

Anything from the kitchen I could use?

Does anybody know the active ingredients in SSS?

AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH. One of them wants to land on my face now!!!!!!

:angry::crying::ranting:

DIE DIE DIE!!!

The mosquitoes are just horrible in Palestine, too. They are different than the tiger mosquitoes we have here in Texas. The ones over there are slightly greenish in color, and they are dormant all day -- you can see them just sitting on the wall. During the day, it's easy to walk right up and smash them. But at night, they turn into ravenous beasts -- usually around 2am when you're trying to sleep. They are not sneaky like ours, biting your ankles or other exposed skin where you're not looking, but will fly right straight into your face. And they leave red welts that last for days.

In Palestine, they sell a handy device that plugs into the wall -- it's called SpiraMat. I bought one there once and now I take it with me every time I go. It's like a round plastic thing with a plug that comes with little cartridges that you insert into it. Within an hour after you plug it in, it will have killed all the nasty little bloodsuckers in the room. You might ask around for it in the stores.

Good luck getting rid of the little pests !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I have heard of the outlet devices that kill pests, but haven't seen any here in Egypt. It is worth me looking into, though.

:crying:

Round after round of Nicky vs Mosquito is wearing me out! They come after me one at a time. And I have managed to swat-kill 3 of them, but I hate them!!!!!!! awey awey awey

I also took a Naproxen for my itching and pain. But, guess what! There's no mineral water in the house, so I had to take the Naproxen with tap water. Another illness to look forward to the day after tomorrow!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I think I'm going to bed now.

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have heard of the outlet devices that kill pests, but haven't seen any here in Egypt. It is worth me looking into, though.

Round after round of Nicky vs Mosquito is wearing me out! They come after me one at a time. And I have managed to swat-kill 3 of them, but I hate them!!!!!!! awey awey awey

I also took a Naproxen for my itching and pain. But, guess what! There's no mineral water in the house, so I had to take the Naproxen with tap water. Another illness to look forward to the day after tomorrow!

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Why is this happening all of a sudden? I mean you've been there for a while right? Did you leave a window open or something? :unsure:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow those bites sound painfull.! My sons father is Puerto Rican and everytime a skeeter would bite him, the site would swell to about the size of a quarter and get and angry red color. His doctor said that he was allergic to the skeeters...imagine that. My sons are the same way, one of them got bitten on the eyebrow and the next day his eye was swollen shut so I make sure to keep bug guard of some kind in the house.

I spent a lazy day today. I actually slept till three o'clock, and I don't feel guilty at all. LOL Then I spent over two hours talking to my hubby. It was so nice to NOT talk about the immigration and visa for a change. We made plans for things we want to do after he gets here, and plans for the trip to Jordan we want to take next year. I miss my family there, his mom and his sisters and the babies especially. I hope I can convince my sons father to consent for the passports for them to go also. I know they would love the experience and they would love their new grandma too. I can't wait for us to be a family, to start our lives together.

Maybe this week will see and end to some of us who are waiting and waiting for all our dreams to come true.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

We just got back from the Lake of the Ozarks this morning. We had a fun time with the family and spent almost the whole day yesterday out on the boat. It was sooooo relaxing. I was really needing a relaxing day away from all the chaos here. Only 4 more days at the job till I start my new job. I'm sooooo excited!!!! :dance:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: I'm so jealous :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I miss it there sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

No FAIR Jackie, you know we are all curious as to how your weekend getaway went. LOL I envy you for the fun away from home! Hope you got a good suntan while you were away, and spoiled your grandaughter even more rotten. lol

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline

There is an outlet device called EZALO in Egypt that is great at repelling mosquitos...........I used to use it all the time.........you can find it at any supermarket and some pharmacies carry it too. Also, OFF spray is sold in the pharmacies and you can spray that on you to repel the mosquitos.

I HATE mosquitos.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Edited by m&n

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
There is an outlet device called EZALO in Egypt that is great at repelling mosquitos...........I used to use it all the time.........you can find it at any supermarket and some pharmacies carry it too. Also, OFF spray is sold in the pharmacies and you can spray that on you to repel the mosquitos.

I HATE mosquitos.

This is the device thats used in Palestine. We use it every night, definetly keeps the mosquitos away!

2c7e90bdf95f3cf8e18579193a908e77.th.jpg

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.