Ahmed & Sue

Cairo Embassy Visa Waitees

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

Just wanted to let everyone know, I emailed Cairo embassy Aug 13th, 2007, and asked for news of Ahmed's visa status. They answered back today with this response........

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Mr. Syam’s case is still pending necessary administrative processing. We expect that this process be completed shortly. Once the process is completed, the consular officer will process the case accordingly.

Regards,

Consular Staff

They are answering emails. And might I add, this is the first time they have ever said they expect this process will be completed shortly. Could it possibly be that maybe things are going to start moving along? I sure hope so. Anyway, if any of you are getting actual answers of acceptance or refusal, please let us know. I would like to know if any visa's have been issued recently from the Cairo, Egypt embassy. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Keep Your Dreams Strong,

Sue

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is so promising!!! Do you know if your case was sent to DOS or stayed in Cairo? In either case it seems whatever checks they were doing are almost through :):dance:

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Looks like a different robot is writing your replies. :lol:

Here is an exact copy of our email reply from the other day. I'm sure it will look familiar. I haven't heard about anybody else getting a visa this month. But, it looks like a couple of people are in the final stages of their reviews! :dance:

Dear Sir:

The case is pending administrative processing. We will contact you once that has been completed.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

( i wonder if ni are the writer's initials? maybe that could be an insight as to who we could contact at the embassy )

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sue, it sounds encouraging, and we need all the encouragement we can get! :yes: The first emails i sent would usually be replied with "Dear Sir" :blink: and all their email replies would be the same. I got one yesterday , at least i think someone actually read my email because the reply was with "Dear Madam" LOL (i almost choked on my coffee when i saw it :lol: ) . it had the same generic answer though, (the only difference was that they added "the time frame required is difficult to predict"), but at least i was Madam this time!! :lol:

Insha Allah you'll get more good news soon Sue, my prayers are with you, and everyone in this forum. :thumbs:

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Same ol same ol email they've been sending out for as long as I can remember. I received that email right up till the time my husband received his visa. At least they know you are following up on the case. Best of luck to you!

Filed: Timeline

Yep. I received that same one, too, a couple times. I even got one after the visa was issued. I wouldn't over analyze the wording, it's all the same #######.

Same ol same ol email they've been sending out for as long as I can remember. I received that email right up till the time my husband received his visa. At least they know you are following up on the case. Best of luck to you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Here is the e-mail i got this week....

Dear Madam:

The case is pending administrative processing. We will contact you once that has been completed. We regret that the time frame needed to complete the administrative processing is hard to predict.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

Same ole $hit differnet day :angry:

Untitled.jpg

Timeline

I am happy to see you recieved an email i know for sometime they were not even responding to emails so that is great! I hope you hear good news soon and you are reunited with you love soon. Hang in there!

AJ1 :yes::thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

How far into the AP process did everyone contact their senators? Or can someone direct me to another thread about that?? I searched for the word senator, but that gave me tons of threads. :help:

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Looks like a different robot is writing your replies. :lol:

Here is an exact copy of our email reply from the other day. I'm sure it will look familiar. I haven't heard about anybody else getting a visa this month. But, it looks like a couple of people are in the final stages of their reviews! :dance:

Dear Sir:

The case is pending administrative processing. We will contact you once that has been completed.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

( i wonder if ni are the writer's initials? maybe that could be an insight as to who we could contact at the embassy )

This is the same email as I received with the same initials on my reply on August 23rd except for the Dear _______: part lol. It was shocking because I had just sent an email out to them on the late afternoon of August 22nd and to have a reply the next morning was just unbelievable. :o Lets all hope this is a good sign that they are gonna move those visa's out this month. :yes:

Timeline
How far into the AP process did everyone contact their senators? Or can someone direct me to another thread about that?? I searched for the word senator, but that gave me tons of threads. :help:

I contacted my congressman, Jerry Weller at the very beginning of the I-129F filing. I wanted to make sure all the paperwork was filled out right, and was directed to his office for guidance. The lady that handles the immigration issues in his office has been outstanding. She answers all my calls and emails, and has helped immediately any time I have asked for it. She has contacted Cairo for us, but unfortunately, gotten the same reply as we have. I will say, she told us what was expected, and what paperwork we needed to submit for proof, and made the whole process easier than trying to figure it out ourselves. It has been a fantastic experience working with this woman.

When I first went to visit her, she told me straight out that she has seen alot of people come through there that only want money from someone to bring them into the states. She stated that if that was the purpose of the marriage she would not have anything to do with helping me. After sitting down and talking to her awhile about her experiences, I can tell you, I know why the USA is so picky about who they let into the country. Many people come in only for greed. I know many of you get disgusted because it feels like the senators and congressmen are not doing anything to help you. I am sorry it feels this way. I honestly can say, that has not been the case for Ahmed and I. The congressman's office has helped ALOT! I also asked her about help once he comes to make sure we get all the necessary things done, and she said anytime I need it to pick up the phone and let her know. Truthfully, I have only good things to say about this congressman's office. I wish the rest of the congressmen's offices responded to peoples needs like this one does. Maybe there would not be so many unhappy campers.

Well, I hope our journey is coming to an end, and we all get our loved ones united with us soon.

Take care,

Sue

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I contacted our senator almost 5 months into the process mainly because of all the misinformation Cairo had given me. Our interview was Feb 2006 and we were told at the interview he'd have his visa in 6 weeks. Six week later I started getting the "pending AP" letters. Then the last of April 2006 Cairo sent me an email saying he would have his visa within the next week. We even contacted TNT which they were using at the time and they said the visa would be delivered the next day! When we had nothing for 2 weeks I emailed them back and was told "oh sorry....there are more security checks!" June....same thing.....Cairo said his case was finished and they were issuing the visa. I have 5 emails saying he did have/he didn't have.....more checks to do!!!! That is when I contacted my senator. I was told that if the case is on AP there is nothing that can be done, but I sent copies of all the retarded emails from Cairo. They did respond to him and a month later we had the visa. Don't know if it was coincidental we got it because the senator had contacted them or not though. I figure contacting the senator couldn't hurt.....especially when you have been on AP forever. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting! (F)

I contacted our senator almost 5 months into the process mainly because of all the misinformation Cairo had given me.

I pretty much did the same thing - interview in November 04, and called my Congressman in June 05. I had received terrible information all the way through the process from Montreal (just as you guys have experienced), so finally when I had enough, I did request intervention/status inquiries. Of course they didn't do too much either. DOS is just as bad, I called once a week starting in June. We didnt bother with much of any of it prior to that.

It was more frustrating trying to get a straight answer than anything, so we tended to try to live normally. Harder to do when in the throws of AR/AP though.

I do recall our lax attitude about it eventually coming to an end (AR that is) got us called frauds :P but thats a whole 'nother topic.

Edited by LaL

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Hello All,

Just wanted to let everyone know, I emailed Cairo embassy Aug 13th, 2007, and asked for news of Ahmed's visa status. They answered back today with this response........

Dear Madam,

Mr. Syam’s case is still pending necessary administrative processing. We expect that this process be completed shortly. Once the process is completed, the consular officer will process the case accordingly.

Regards,

Consular Staff

They are answering emails. And might I add, this is the first time they have ever said they expect this process will be completed shortly. Could it possibly be that maybe things are going to start moving along? I sure hope so. Anyway, if any of you are getting actual answers of acceptance or refusal, please let us know. I would like to know if any visa's have been issued recently from the Cairo, Egypt embassy. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Keep Your Dreams Strong,

Sue

Hi, how long have you been waiting? We have been waiting 1 year since the initial application and only 5 weeks since the interview. I wonder why it takes so long. They never fully answer any questions. Do you know what happens during the AP time?

Waiting 4 ever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.