Cuong

Is all the blue slips the same?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No, and Yes.

No, not all blue slips are the same. Each specifically states the required document, supportive evidence that petitioner has to submit or provide to HCMC for further review of the case.

Yes, it's already typed up and ready to issue by CO at the point of interview. Note, the CO didn't just see your case on the day of interview for the first time. He/she has studied or the Vietnamese staffer already studies your case prior to the interview date, then recommend for certain decision (Blue/Green/White or PINK). In my opinion, the interview is the tool to confirm the CO's gut check! If your case is a total "diarrhea", run loose, guess what you'll get? If it's a solid case :) (no pund intended :)) Just relax, it's will come out ok (again, no pund intended)

Good luck.

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

No, and Yes.

No, not all blue slips are the same. Each specifically states the required document, supportive evidence that petitioner has to submit or provide to HCMC for further review of the case.

Yes, it's already typed up and ready to issue by CO at the point of interview. Note, the CO didn't just see your case on the day of interview for the first time. He/she has studied or the Vietnamese staffer already studies your case prior to the interview date, then recommend for certain decision (Blue/Green/White or PINK). In my opinion, the interview is the tool to confirm the CO's gut check! If your case is a total "diarrhea", run loose, guess what you'll get? If it's a solid case :) (no pund intended :)) Just relax, it's will come out ok (again, no pund intended)

Good luck.

chuck and kim

This was the point I was trying to make and asked in the other thread. My question is how can they issue a Blue Slip or Pink for that matter ahead of time without seeing the evidences at the interview? The Guide on the forums say to bring all the secondary evidences such as emails, letters, phone bills, engagement ring receipt, etc. on the day of the interview. So how are they reviewing the case and plan to give the Pink or Blue slip ahead of time? This is where I am confuse. Could somebody kindly help answer this process? Am I suppose to send the secondary evidences to them along with Packet #3? Thanks.

Edited by MR2nice

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

MR2nice -

All of what you have submitted along the way is reviewed. The CO that is conducting the interview reviews the case prior to the actual interview. If there are items that raise question, or need clarification/confirmation they will seek the clarification during the interview through dialog and reviewing the additional items. If their questions aren't answered to their satisfaction - blue slip requesting such. If they have their questions/concerns answered sufficiently - PINK slip.

You can, and should, submit as much as possible beforehand. Bring the originals to the interview along with even more detailed evidence (for example: you submitted 50 e-mails prior out of 200 total, bring all 200 to the interview) to support your case. They can only decide based on the evidence presented during the entire process. The CO's have a lot of cases to review. What type of decisions would they make if they went into each interview blind??

As Chuck & Kim have said: think like a CO (in HCMC a CO where fraud is a BIG problem) and fill in the gaps and drown them in evidence. When in doubt, send it in. That will bring home the PINK and your fiance. It is worth all the time and work!!!!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

MR2nice -

All of what you have submitted along the way is reviewed. The CO that is conducting the interview reviews the case prior to the actual interview. If there are items that raise question, or need clarification/confirmation they will seek the clarification during the interview through dialog and reviewing the additional items. If their questions aren't answered to their satisfaction - blue slip requesting such. If they have their questions/concerns answered sufficiently - PINK slip.

You can, and should, submit as much as possible beforehand. Bring the originals to the interview along with even more detailed evidence (for example: you submitted 50 e-mails prior out of 200 total, bring all 200 to the interview) to support your case. They can only decide based on the evidence presented during the entire process. The CO's have a lot of cases to review. What type of decisions would they make if they went into each interview blind??

As Chuck & Kim have said: think like a CO (in HCMC a CO where fraud is a BIG problem) and fill in the gaps and drown them in evidence. When in doubt, send it in. That will bring home the PINK and your fiance. It is worth all the time and work!!!!

Thank you AnhMap for your reply. This is really helpful in my situation. I think I'm getting close to NOA2 and would like to prepare for the next step. Now, would it be ok for my fiancee to go ahead and submit all the secondary evidences along with all the forms that she will need to fill out for Packet #3? I think I will ask my fiancee to go to the HCM Embassy to pick up the packet rather than wait for them to send it. I've read on here that a few VJ members have done that. Right now my concern is really the secondary evidences because I did not submit it orignally. I'm stressing out over this big time. :unsure: Thanks again.

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
MR2nice -

Thank you AnhMap for your reply. This is really helpful in my situation. I think I'm getting close to NOA2 and would like to prepare for the next step. Now, would it be ok for my fiancee to go ahead and submit all the secondary evidences along with all the forms that she will need to fill out for Packet #3? I think I will ask my fiancee to go to the HCM Embassy to pick up the packet rather than wait for them to send it. I've read on here that a few VJ members have done that. Right now my concern is really the secondary evidences because I did not submit it orignally. I'm stressing out over this big time. :unsure: Thanks again.

I was really concerned about the secondary evidences too, because I only sent a few of my wedding pictures with my I-130 form. I'm still waiting on my NOA2 so I'm wondering if I could send in more evidences while I'm waiting. "Very Confuse" need help..... thanks everyone

Edited by Cuong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.